October 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | The Boneyard

October 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Talks recruiting briefly at the end. I have a feeling she might announce her commitment on the last episode.

No news is no news. However, the kids reaction to the mention of Katie Fudd is interesting.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Circle November 11 on your calendar, it's her birthday, and the first day of the early signing period for the 2020-2021 National Letter of Intent (NLI) signing period for this year's high school seniors.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Circle November 11 on your calendar, it's her birthday, and the first day of the early signing period for the 2020-2021 National Letter of Intent (NLI) signing period for this year's high school seniors.

11/11 <-> 11 Championships. I like the numerology. ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
11/11 <-> 11 Championships. I like the numerology. ;)

You'd like her committing to UConn even better! :D Call me crazy, call me irrational, or whatever, but I don't think it's a stretch to believe that she, Paige her and the rest of the team can win 2 championships the 3 years they'll play together if she comes.

Reaction Score
Is there anyone else out there (besides me) holding out hope that Jillian Hollingshead might still be considering UCONN.
Some recent video.

I am certainly in favor of getting recruits who are both bigger and more athletic. Would be a great 11th hour surprise if it happened!

Reaction Score
Is there anyone else out there (besides me) holding out hope that Jillian Hollingshead might still be considering UCONN.
Some recent video.
Great point Coco. And Geno has had some pretty good luck recruiting players out of Georgia. She appears to be very physical and coachable.

Reaction Score
The eleventh hour of the eleventh month (1918) the guns went silent for the WWI Armstice [Armstice day is now Veterans Day for the young puppies in the 'yard....]. In this case the "guns" will just be warming up - averaging in the mid-90's?!? on offense and holding the opponents to the mid-50's?!?

Hopefully the NEW Golden Age of UCONN women's Basketball! Long live Geno, CD, Jamelle & Shea!!!

Reaction Score
I am here at Rucker park in NYC
Caroline Ducharme is 6’3

Attachments

• CA16218A-3590-47F8-BB4D-83D428DA5770.jpeg
    CA16218A-3590-47F8-BB4D-83D428DA5770.jpeg
    231.3 KB · Views: 407

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I think that Caroline Ducharme and Saylor may come to be known at UConn as "the twins". As far as I can tell, they have similar strengths and weaknesses, are of similar size, and play similar games on the court. In ordinary circumstances, I doubt that Geno would have recruited two such similar players in the same class. I suspect that he did it in this case because they are both really good, and they both viewed UConn as their dream school from an early age. That counts a lot in recruiting decisions, as it should.

Their game seems to resemble Anna's, and it's possible that Anna could leave for a pro team after next year, or even after this year. Anna fills a unique niche on this year's team. No one else offers her combination of size, rebounding, accurate shooting, and court vision. Next year she will have two "sisters" in that niche, although obviously without the same experience that she will have by then.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think that Caroline Ducharme and Saylor may come to be known at UConn as "the twins". As far as I can tell, they have similar strengths and weaknesses, are of similar size, and play similar games on the court. In ordinary circumstances, I doubt that Geno would have recruited two such similar players in the same class. I suspect that he did it in this case because they are both really good, and they both viewed UConn as their dream school from an early age. That counts a lot in recruiting decisions, as it should.

Their game seems to resemble Anna's, and it's possible that Anna could leave for a pro team after next year, or even after this year. Anna fills a unique niche on this year's team. No one else offers her combination of size, rebounding, accurate shooting, and court vision. Next year she will have two "sisters" in that niche, although obviously without the same experience that she will have by then.
From watching Saylor in person and on video and Caroline on video, I agree totally. They have very similar skill sets. But that's not a problem, because they are among the most versatile players I've seen. I think each can play the 2, 3, or 4. They are SGs with size, at about 6'2" after big growth spurts. They both have strength, length, and moves to play inside. Both of them can and do shoot from 25'. If there is a season and fans are allowed, I hope to see Saylor play at Middletown again this season.

Reaction Score
I think they play similar now because they both do everything for their highschool teams. In college, I think Saylor will migrate more to the 3/4 while Caroline Ducharme will go more 2/3. Caroline Ducharme would be the perfect 2 in a classic UConn big line up similar to the KML role back in the day.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We've had a little discussion on this young lady before. Her name is Juste Jocyte, and she is a Lithuanian who is still 14 years old (until November). She began playing on the Lithuanian Senior National Team at age 13! Check her out! She looks UConn ready right now. I hope CD has been in touch with her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We've had a little discussion on this young lady before. Her name is Juste Jocyte, and she is a Lithuanian who is still 14 years old (until November). She began playing on the Lithuanian Senior National Team at age 13! Check her out! She looks UConn ready right now. I hope CD has been in touch with her.

Just to expand on your thoughts regarding Juste Jocyte . Per our friend @awhom111 she was born in the USA. Although she played PG on the Lithuanian Senior National Team she is playing SF on her club team. That kind of position versatility is not only something Geno loves but he also knows exactly how to utilize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom