OC Requirements/Job Posting | The Boneyard

OC Requirements/Job Posting

Reaction Score
Official confirmation, down go most Boneyard coaches, Corey Edsall, and DO's ruled out to boot:

UConn Job Posting

The University of Connecticut is accepting applications and nominations for the full time position of Assistant Football Coach/Offensive Coordinator.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES

Assist the Head Football Coach in the organization and administration of all phases of a Division I FBS program including game preparation and the recruitment and evaluation of prospective student-athletes; assist in monitoring academic progress and development of student-athletes; community involvement; and other program duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS

Bachelor’s degree; minimum of five years’ experience as a football coach at the collegiate FBS, or NFL within the past 10 years; working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS

Seven years of experience as a football coach at the collegiate and/or professional level.

APPOINTMENT TERMS

Commensurate with experience.

TO APPLY

Candidates must submit letter of application, resume, and the names of three references to: UConn Jobs, http://www.jobs.uconn.edu, Staff Positions. Screening of applicants will begin immediately. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search #2018329)

This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on January 12, 2018.

All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at Office of State Ethics.

Reaction Score
A name I'd like to see involved is Tim Cramsey from Sam Houston State. Diaco wanted to hire their OC last year (Ole Miss gobbled him up of course) then Cramsey took over this season and actually improved their offensive production, despite the fact they were already #1 in the FCS. Started his coaching career at UNH under Chip Kelly. Been coaching QBs since 2009. From Pennsylvania. Worth a look.

Reaction Score
Now that I think about it, perhaps the listing is broad because they want to get a headstart on the timing of the hire instead of actually having someone at this point.
It wouldn't be the first time an organization proactively prepared a general job spec, and then potentially narrowed the focus upon further analysis, receipt of initial overtures, etc. For example, further analysis possibly prompted no later than Lashlee alerting AD David Benedict and HCRE he was a prospective Rutgals' candidate.

Reaction Score
Well I'm glad we've got someone. When do they usually announce it? The Monday after the posting period closes?

The NFL experience has me a little worried. I hope we aren't going back to a pro-style offense
College OR NFL.

Reaction Score
Yeah, there is. Five years minimum, seven preferred.

Only a few hundred coordinators out there with 5....better yet 7 years experience......

Reaction Score
Official confirmation, down go most Boneyard coaches, Corey Edsall, and DO's ruled out to boot:

UConn Job Posting

The University of Connecticut is accepting applications and nominations for the full time position of Assistant Football Coach/Offensive Coordinator.

What does "accepting nominations" mean?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
He has never been a QB coach...RE filled the 10th Asst spot with a full time special teams coach so whom ever he tries as OC is going to be coaching the QB's like Rhett did.

It's def the Toledo guy. Makes too much sense. Spread, QB coach, recent success, looks at P5 programs

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is a very broad posting...could be almost anyone. No hints here....

It says NFL or FBS. So no FCS coordinator in theory. That’s a hint.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It's def the Toledo guy. Makes too much sense. Spread, QB coach, recent success, looks at P5 programs

Could be the Bama guy who worked for Randy at Maryland.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm touching up my resume this week for a potential internal promotion at work.
I'll submit mine for this job too. It should allow me to use these two job opportunities as leverage to get a better package from the job I end up choosing.
And, by applying for the OC job, should I not get selected, it allows me full reign to complain against whichever dubious candidate they do choose.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Locksley is a GREAT recruiter...but I'm not sure he has ever been a QB coach.

From Wikipedia.
On December 22, 2011, Locksley returned to the University of Maryland to join Randy Edsall's staff as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.[20]

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Locksley is an awful coach. I want nothing to do with him

I’m not expressing an opinion on him, just that it wouldn’t shock me since Randy hired him previously

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom