O/T: Rutgers doin' Rutgers things | The Boneyard

O/T: Rutgers doin' Rutgers things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I actually watched this game... Nauseating basketball. Rutgers scored 8 points in the 2nd half. 8. Enjoy it B1G!

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
This is seriously one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. They should just stop playing basketball

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Just got back from the game. UVA absolutely OWNED the crowd. Pitiful showing by RU fans (further proof they don't exist).

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Rutgers could lose every game from here to eternity and still have been a spectacular addition to the conference due to BTN subscriber pickup. The fact that they suck at all sports isn't a concern of the Big10.

Reaction Score
Would they consider adding us for hoops and dropping RU? That's kind of thing es on this board would post but I'm almost serious.

Reaction Score
Posted many times on the BY. We missed the boat ; obviously football drives the bus and we ran off the road. Yeah Rutgers sucks but they got in ; it really pisses me off and until we get a better deal I try not to think about.

Reaction Score
Virginia should be proud to be ranked at #8 with that performance. They looked awful and while Eddie Jordan will tell you they are a great defensive team I seriously doubt they could hold Bryant under 50. That was plain ole "nauseating" as boog said - just brought basketball back to the peach basket.

Reaction Score
Guys, we can whine and complain all we want about how bad their teams are, how pathetic their fans are, or whatever. Fact is they are in and we are not. RU fans are laughing, all 2 of them, at our angst...
I don't get it. You'd rather have a sheit team with no fan base. I'd rather be UCONN in the AAC than Rutgers in the B1G. I think our league has a better chance of improving than Rutgers BB does.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Rutgers didn't get in because of football - they're not particularly good at that either.

They got in because there is an assload of people in New Jersey and because their arbitrarily-drawn television market somehow includes all of those people, plus New York City.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't get it. You'd rather have a sheit team with no fan base. I'd rather be UCONN in the AAC than Rutgers in the B1G. I think our league has a better chance of improving than Rutgers BB does.
I never said that. I am referring to the whining and complaining about RU being in the Big 10 and how we continue to go on and on how they don't deserve it. Well apparently they do because they're in and we're out. And no, I'd rather be a UCONN fan than a RU fan. But if that's what you took out of my post then you completely missed the point.

RU sucks at most sports. It's all about football and market share and at the time the decision was made, RU was deemed a better prospect that UCONN. So was L'ville and Maryland. Or maybe they know UCONN has no where else to go and will be there at a later date if they decide they want us. Hopefully UCONN is snapped up in the next round of expansions...

Reaction Score
I never said that. I am referring to the whining and complaining about RU being in the Big 10 and how we continue to go on and on how they don't deserve it. Well apparently they do because they're in and we're out. And no, I'd rather be a UCONN fan than a RU fan. But if that's what you took out of my post then you completely missed the point.

RU sucks at most sports. It's all about football and market share and at the time the decision was made, RU was deemed a better prospect that UCONN. So was L'ville and Maryland. Or maybe they know UCONN has no where else to go and will be there at a later date if they decide they want us. Hopefully UCONN is snapped up in the next round of expansions...
That's cool then. I interpreted it wrong. Your post just sounded like it's ok they suck because the only thing that counts is being in a P5 conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom