O.T. Name a University bordered by.... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

O.T. Name a University bordered by....

Reaction Score
Some intermountain west schools: BYU - Provo River; UT State - Logan River; Fort Lewis College - Animas River; Adams State - Rio Grande River; U of MT - Clark Fork River; WA State - Palouse River; Boise State - Boise River; U of ID - Snake River; AZ State - Salt River; OR State - Marys River; U of OR - Willamette River

Reaction Score
Lake Ontario is about 60 miles from SU. Oneida Lake is about 20.

Onondaga Lake can at least be seen from a few places on campus but is still maybe 3 miles from campus. The SU crew boathouse is on the Seneca River, which is fed in part by Onondaga Lake.
[/Quote Seneca River which was part of the Erie Canal.

Reaction Score
:rolleyes:.....(this could drift into campuses directly on the beach if we're not careful, I have a few of those in mind as well)

You brought it up!!

The University of California- Santa Barbara is literally right next to the beach overlooking the Pacific Ocean. It is one of the world's most beautiful university campuses!!! Stunning!

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I've been to Pepperdine, can confirm it is immediately proximate to the beach. I think UCSB is pretty famous for being on the beach as well.
Pepperdine in Malibu. Gorgeous view of the Pacific
pepperdine.jpg

Reaction Score
Purdue - Wabash

Duquesne - Monongahela
Purdue, I believe the Mon runs on the South Side. The Allegheny runs on the North before forming the Ohio. It's been a few years so I might be wrong but the Parkway ran alongside the Gany.

Reaction Score
Purdue, I believe the Mon runs on the South Side. The Allegheny runs on the North before forming the Ohio. It's been a few years so I might be wrong but the Parkway ran alongside the Gany.

You are correct about the Mon being on the South Side and the Allegheny running to the North by the stadiums and what used to be the Clark Bar factory.

Duquesne overlooks the South Side and the Blvd of the Allies (and the Parkway heading East), so as you stand along The Bluff you're overlooking the Mon and the Liberty Bridge. And you get frostbite in about 3 minutes if it's January and windy!

Reaction Score
Northwestern University is on Lake Michigan. If you have not seen their new indoor FB practice facility overlooking and bordering the Lake, you haven't seen nothin' like it yet! Google it for pics...unreal!
2.jpg

Also, Michigan State University in on both sides of the Red Cedar River.

Last edited:

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Right in our backyard: Connecticut College, US Coast Guard.

Reaction Score
You are correct about the Mon being on the South Side and the Allegheny running to the North by the stadiums and what used to be the Clark Bar factory.

Duquesne overlooks the South Side and the Blvd of the Allies (and the Parkway heading East), so as you stand along The Bluff you're overlooking the Mon and the Liberty Bridge. And you get frostbite in about 3 minutes if it's January and windy!
Yep. We lived about two blocks from the Mon., in Oakland, right around the corner from Islays on the Boulevard. In the early fifties Duquense was a powerhouse in men's basketball. They won the NIT when it was bigger than the NCAA championship.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
The University of Alabama campus is along the Black Warrior River. And though not well loved here on the BY, the University of Tennessee is bordered by the eponymously named river.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Arizona State probably gets a double, sort of. It is on (or very near) Tempe Town Lake, which is really a dammed up portion of the Salt River that someone recently mentioned regarding ASU (Rio Salgado). The problem is, except for Tempe Town Lake, the river is typically a "dry" river.

Reaction Score
Northwestern University is on Lake Michigan. If you have not seen their new indoor FB practice facility overlooking and bordering the Lake, you haven't seen nothin' like it yet! Google it for pics...unreal!
View attachment 53619
Also, Michigan State University in on both sides of the Red Cedar River.
Northwestern actually created a landfill in the lake to expand the campus. There were no other options other than buying million dollar houses west of the campus and tearing them down. Evanston would have stopped any such plan immediately.

Reaction Score
Northwestern actually created a landfill in the lake to expand the campus. There were no other options other than buying million dollar houses west of the campus and tearing them down. Evanston would have stopped any such plan immediately.
Kind of wondered where they got the real estate from :)

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Now just a minute there. THE U. of TN is bordered by the River Styx. To get across to the campus, you give the boatman Charon an obulus, or lacking that, a Buffalo nickel.

View attachment 53633
That must be on the north side of campus. Approaching from the southwest. as I have done, there are few multiheaded beasts of any sort.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
That must be on the north side of campus. Approaching from the southwest. as I have done, there are few multiheaded beasts of any sort.

Ordinarily I would never question your knowledge, but are you absolutely, positively sure about the lack of multiheaded beast in that vicinity? I was certain I had seen some on their website. :eek:

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Ordinarily I would never question your knowledge, but are you absolutely, positively sure about the lack of multiheaded beast in that vicinity? I was certain I had seen some on their website. :eek:
Not at all sure, but I was simply stating what I had observed , or more correctly had not observed, on various trips through the area in the past. Please note that I stated that there were few multiheaded beasts along the southwesterly approach. I feel certain that bizarre creatures of nearly all ilks have escaped my notice throughout the Volunteer state. I would like to apologize for any confusion my personal anecdotal observations may have engendered. ;)

Reaction Score
Yes, the Fenton River! LOVED going fishing there when I was at Storrs...instead of going to class. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom