O’Neil Robinson Tweet... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

O’Neil Robinson Tweet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is the above the "tweet" in its entirety? How thin skinned are we allowing our youth to become? The coach's rebuke rates about a three on the insult-o-meter. Pretty tame, really.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Guys, I don't think you all realize the kind of influence @Drew UConn Football Facts has on the football industry. A simple CTRL + F found plenty of mentions in the NFL Combine Interview transcripts.

Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma.

Why did you choose Oklahoma?

"I looked at two schools, Oklahoma and UConn. To be honest, I was going to go to UConn but I read on twitter that UConn Facts said their defense might struggle. That was enough for me. I have no idea if their defense struggled or not, but I took that tweet very seriously."

They did more than struggle. UConn had the worst defense in the history of the sport. Did you send this UConn Fun Facts handle a thank you card?

Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State.

What was the key factor in your college decision?

"Well, I really wanted to play for a big name coach in college. Being from New Jersey, I naturally crossed Rutgers off my list. Urban Meyer wanted me but the coach I really wanted to play for was Randy Edsall up at Connecticut. I'm a conservative guy and wanted to play for a coach who punts on 4th-and-inches on the opponent's side of the field."

Why didn't you go to UConn?

"I read something on Twitter. I forget who it was. Something like UConn Football Fun Facts. Anyway, he said Coach Edsall once went for it on 4th down on his own 22 yard line. Immediately picked up the phone to commit to Urban Meyer before he could fake another heart attack."

Bill Belichick, Head Coach, New England Patriots.

Coach, what do you look for in a player here at the Combine?

"We need to execute better. Continue to get better. If the player executes well, I like him. Oh, and if they follow UConn Football Facts twitter page."

ESPN Headquarters.

Why do you guys televise the same old teams and the same old conferences over and over again?

"Honestly, we wanted to launch UConn Network back in December 2018 but UConn Football Facts alerted us that attendance is down there. So instead we decided to give the SEC another $100 Billion."

Donald J Trump, POTUS.

Why did you decide to run for President?

"The people at UConn love me. They love me, they really do. They're good people. Great people! I got a tweet from a UConn fan to run so I thought I had to. Never occurred to me before that. Sad! UConn Football Fake News. Great account. Great!"

Reaction Score
Gee, somebody got their feelings hurt, possibly in front of some of his peers.... BOO HOO!!:( How about manning up, work harder, get better and start playing like a Div 1 athlete for a change. After all that's what you got the scholarship for in the first place. Turn that chewing you got in early March into legitimate praise in October. My God, you give a kid a stern look these days and they run sniveling to their preferred communication device to cry about it. I wonder how many kids at Alabama get scolded and then run to whine about it on Twitter(and then probably get a wet towel party the next day).

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Guys, I don't think you all realize the kind of influence @Drew UConn Football Facts has on the football industry. A simple CTRL + F found plenty of mentions in the NFL Combine Interview transcripts.

Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma.

Why did you choose Oklahoma?

"I looked at two schools, Oklahoma and UConn. To be honest, I was going to go to UConn but I read on twitter that UConn Facts said their defense might struggle. That was enough for me. I have no idea if their defense struggled or not, but I took that tweet very seriously."

They did more than struggle. UConn had the worst defense in the history of the sport. Did you send this UConn Fun Facts handle a thank you card?

Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State.

What was the key factor in your college decision?

"Well, I really wanted to play for a big name coach in college. Being from New Jersey, I naturally crossed Rutgers off my list. Urban Meyer wanted me but the coach I really wanted to play for was Randy Edsall up at Connecticut. I'm a conservative guy and wanted to play for a coach who punts on 4th-and-inches on the opponent's side of the field."

Why didn't you go to UConn?

"I read something on Twitter. I forget who it was. Something like UConn Football Fun Facts. Anyway, he said Coach Edsall once went for it on 4th down on his own 22 yard line. Immediately picked up the phone to commit to Urban Meyer before he could fake another heart attack."

Bill Belichick, Head Coach, New England Patriots.

Coach, what do you look for in a player here at the Combine?

"We need to execute better. Continue to get better. If the player executes well, I like him. Oh, and if they follow UConn Football Facts twitter page."

ESPN Headquarters.

Why do you guys televise the same old teams and the same old conferences over and over again?

"Honestly, we wanted to launch UConn Network back in December 2018 but UConn Football Facts alerted us that attendance is down there. So instead we decided to give the SEC another $100 Billion."

Donald J Trump, POTUS.

Why did you decide to run for President?

"The people at UConn love me. They love me, they really do. They're good people. Great people! I got a tweet from a UConn fan to run so I thought I had to. Never occurred to me before that. Sad! UConn Football Fake News. Great account. Great!"

Okay Mr. UConn Promoter, this isn’t a good take.

I absolutely cannot fathom why none of you see any issue with this. Did 1-11 numb everyone’s grey matter?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
This team is weak. Mentally and physically.

If those words hurt someones feelings they are most likely better off at a D2 or D3 school.

Its obvious they are words to motivate from an older coach - most likely. Not everyone is motivated the same way. There are other opportunities in life - moving from job to job is acceptable when not happy with mgmt so should moving from program to program. No one has 100% return rates of players.

Of course, he could be referring to what he heard from a player on the UConn womens team.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
This team is weak. Mentally and physically.

If those words hurt someones feelings they are most likely better off at a D2 or D3 school.

Its obvious they are words to motivate from an older coach - most likely. Not everyone is motivated the same way. There are other opportunities in life - moving from job to job is acceptable when not happy with mgmt so should moving from program to program. No one has 100% return rates of players.

Of course, he could be referring to what he heard from a player on the UConn womens team.

Heck yeah, bro. Women are weak and emotional. Tell em.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I love this thread. I really do. It means folks still care. We still care about the program and the outcome.

Don't worry about any negative effects on incoming recruits. I'll be preparing my "15-0 thread" before the late spring, and the recruits will come to understand that the good times are only a season away...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Sometimes staying off social media or at least taking a moment to think before your tweet or facebook.

Reaction Score
If the kid was quoting the Talking Heads --- I like him.

Reaction Score
Coaches say things like this to young kids in perhaps a nicer way, but it is the same message. You have to earn it. You get what you deserve. This has to do with playing time, and positions. You haven't earned it. You don't deserve it. Even young kids are told this.

I'm not sure that Edsall's message isn't anything but normal.

Reaction Score
A generation of kids who have walls adorned with participation trophies. You were 1-11; none of you have proven you belong here. Put your phone down, get in the weight room, hit the playbook and STFU until we are 11-1. You think that was harsh - I can't wait until you get out of that bubble you are now in to see how you operate in the real world.

Most importantly, don't be that guy. Be better. Life's a series of lessons - you failed this one, miserably. Get over it. Pick yourself up, learn and get better, at everything you do.

Reaction Score
A generation of kids who have walls adorned with participation trophies. You were 1-11; none of you have proven you belong here. Put your phone down, get in the weight room, hit the playbook and until we are 11-1. You think that was harsh - I can't wait until you get out of that bubble you are now in to see how you operate in the real world.

Most importantly, don't be that guy. Be better. Life's a series of lessons - you failed this one, miserably. Get over it. Pick yourself up, learn and get better, at everything you do.
I see those darn kids were on your lawn again...

Reaction Score
It's bad for the program to have "UConn" branded accounts talking crap about the program and coaches when recruits are getting it straight into their feed. If you can't see that then god bless. As a general rule I could care less what people's opinions are and how they voice them, but that changes as soon as they start communicating with PSAs.
It's way worse for the program having Randy Edsall run it.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
It's way worse for the program having Randy Edsall run it.

I didn’t think you cared one iota about the football program, thanks for sharing your opinion.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I was watching UConn football before you were born.

And the old folks who still want Kevin Ollie to be the men's basketball coach were watching UConn basketball before you or I were born, does that make their opinions valid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom