NY Yankees 2019 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

NY Yankees 2019

Reaction Score
The Yanks at this rate maybe able to form an very competitive team from players on the DL right now.
Andujar's injury could be really devastating (Bird to spend time at 3rd). Not a great start to the season, especially after Chapman blew a save tonight to the Tigers and they are now 2-3.

Add Tulo to that list no surprise there, the game was tied when Chapman came in so it wasnt a save situation you know something it was a blessing he gave up those 2 runs because the Yankees weren't gonna score at the rate their swinging the bats, who knows that game might have gone 20 innings and had more injuries can't make this stuff up.

Reaction Score
Great opening day win for the Yanks. Granted, it was against a terrible Orioles team, but you need to beat the bad teams. Strong effort from Tanaka and Ottavino lived up to the hype. Judge scored three runs and Homer's from Voit and Bird.

When Hicks returns, they've been saying that either Voit or Bird will be sent down. I wonder if they would consider keeping Stanton in left and playing Voit/Bird at 1B/Dan Hurley and let Gardner come off the bench.

Lemaiue will play some 1st and hopefully Bird heads down. Just too many swings and misses for me, crappy approach never swings at strike one or at least rarely. No matter it will be a struggle for a while and if Andujar goes for year I'm more than concerned. You go from lemahieu (spelled it different twice because I'm clueless still lol) being your back up guy to Tyler Wade who to me is dreadful and should not see the field.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
It's telling what kind of emphasis the Yankees brass is putting on infield defense this year. LeMahieu, Tulo and now Cliff Pennington are all wizards with the glove. Defense is probably the single reason why Greg Bird is still on the 25-man. He's far better defensively than Voit and that pains me.

Reaction Score
Don't think Bird is gonna be playing 3B that was just last resort talk, team doesn't have that luxury to send Bird to AAA given the injuries and all team just called up Giovanni Urshela btw and gave him an MLB contract.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'm about 95% certain Aaron Boone has no idea what he's doing.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The Bird ain't the Word. Holy crap he looks bad.

One homer...and one ribbie so far?

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Analytics though :rolleyes:

Analytics aren't the problem. Its like saying its the hammer's fault if you don't know how to build a house.

Reaction Score
Analytics aren't the problem. Its like saying its the hammer's fault if you don't know how to build a house.

Lol I know I was just kidding.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
What a comeback tonight with Gardner planting one plating 4 late!

Take two from Boston.

Reaction Score
What a comeback tonight with Gardner planting one plating 4 late!

Take two from Boston.

Was pleased to see the way Happ rebounded after staking the Sox to the early three-run lead. He moved away from throwing just fastballs and started to mix it up and ended up giving the Yankees some much needed innings.

Another thing to note has been the strong play from Clint Frazier. I must admit that I have not been his biggest fan and have been in favor of any number of trades that included him to bring back more established talent. But he's really been taking advantage of the opportunity he's been given with all the Yankee injuries and is proving himself to be a solid major league hitter. It will be hard to send him down to the minors, even when Hicks and Stanton return to the club. At the very least, he's boosting his trade value tremendously.

Reaction Score
Was pleased to see the way Happ rebounded after staking the Sox to the early three-run lead. He moved away from throwing just fastballs and started to mix it up and ended up giving the Yankees some much needed innings.

Another thing to note has been the strong play from Clint Frazier. I must admit that I have not been his biggest fan and have been in favor of any number of trades that included him to bring back more established talent. But he's really been taking advantage of the opportunity he's been given with all the Yankee injuries and is proving himself to be a solid major league hitter. It will be hard to send him down to the minors, even when Hicks and Stanton return to the club. At the very least, he's boosting his trade value tremendously.
-------------------------

Taking 2 from the last place Boston Red Sox has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? That said, while I don't expect them to have another season like they did last years as it too many cards to fall exactly in their favor, they are too good of a team to stay down for long. They will get back in it. That said, the Rays' play has been eye-opening. They have a solid team and could really push the Sox and the Yanks for the entire season. If those 3 teams beat each other-up, the Wildcard race could favor AL Central and West teams.

I have always been big on Frazer as he had rave reviews before the trade that brought him to the Bronx as a hustle type player who plays good defense and gets on base a lot, which adds ammo for the big guns. He is the reason I was not a fan of the Stanton singing as the Yanks (in 2017) had emerging big guns in Judge and Sanchez. I am not a fan of a team that relies on the long ball, too much. At that time, I would have been happier with a deal in 2019 for Machado (this was before his head issues arose in 2018). In my head, the Yanks 2020 line-up would have been: 1) Tyler Wade 2B (I think he is the fastest Yankee at this time), 2) Clint Frazer LF, 3) Manny Macado 3B, 4) Aaron Judge RF, 5) Gary Sanchez C, 6) Greg Bird 1B, 7) Gleyber Torres SS, 8) Estevan Florial CF with a 9) DH used to rest Judge/Sanchez/Machado or to add an extra left bat against certain pitchers. Didi and Hicks would have been used as trade bait for starting pitchers and/or to refresh the minors. Its a more balanced line-up, though it does not have as much bang as the current line-up does (when everyone is healthy).

And, of course, there is Bird. As much as the Yanks need a left bat, I think it maybe time to move on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
-------------------------

Taking 2 from the last place Boston Red Sox has a nice right to it, doesn't it? That said, while I don't expect them to have another season like they did last years as it too many cards to fall exactly in their favor, they are too good of a team to stay down for long. They will get back in it. That said, the Rays' play has been eye-opening. They have a solid team and could really push the Sox and the Yanks for the entire season. If those 3 teams beat each other-up, the Wildcard race could favor AL Central and West teams.

I have always been big on Frazer as he had rave reviws before the trade that brought him to the Bronx as a hustle type player who plays good defense and gets on base a lot, which adds ammo for the big guns. He is the reason I was not a fan of the Stanton singing as the Yanks (in 2017) had emerging big guns in Judge and Sanchez. I am not a fan of a team that relies on the long ball, too much. At that time, I would have been happier with a deal in 2019 for Machado (this was before his head issues arose in 2018). In my head, the Yanks 2020 line-up would have been: 1) Tyler Wade 2B (I think he is the fastest Yankee at this time), 2) Clint Frazer LF, 3) Manny Macado 3B, 4) Aaron Judge RF, 5) Gary Sanchez C, 6) Greg Bird 1B, 7) Gleyber Torres SS, 8) Estevan Florial CF with a 9) Dan Hurley used to rest Judge/Sanchez/Machado or to add an extra left bat against certain pitchers. Didi and Hicks would have been used as trade bait for starting pitchers and/or to refresh the minors. Its a more balanced line-up, though it does not have as much bang as the current line-up does (when everyone is healthy).

And, of course, there is Bird. As much as the Yanks need a left bat, I think it maybe time to move on.

Please move on from Wade and Bird neither should see the field for the Yanks. Sub .200 hitters just seem to find the field for the Yanks and honestly I'm sick of it. Need guys who can hit the ball and less swing and miss guys. Judge does it but produces, Sanchez still a question mark but those 2 - nothing. Trade or cut let's move on.

Reaction Score
Too soon to jump back on the Gary Sanchez bandwagon? Kraken is mashing.

Tough news on Paxton. Hard to believe the string of bad luck this team has faced this season.

Reaction Score
At least Andújar's bat is back; but, so is his glove and right now I have to feel that regular time at 3rd is Urshela's to lose. His performance has been eye-opening.

Glad to have Fraser back to because while I love Gardy, I think his time has passed. The question is what happens when Stanton coems back maybe within the next two weeks and then Hicks, also around the All Star Break. That's a crowded outfield and DH. Plus, do the Yanks trust Voit's defense enough at 1st?

Severino looks to be out until July while I bet Paxton will be out until then, too, though they are saying 2 to 4 weeks. So, the two questions with the staff is 1) can Germán keep this up and 2) can the Yanks finder another effective starter from the Farm or do they go shopping?

Also look like Didi maybe back earlier than expected, say by August? Montgomery may also be back then, too.

As for Kracken, he's a head case. When he's healthy and doing OK as a Catcher, he's great. When his defense fails him and the media and fan pile on him, it all falls apart.

Reaction Score
At least Andújar's bat is back; but, so is his glove and right now I have to feel that regular time at 3rd is Urshela's to lose. His performance has been eye-opening.

Glad to have Fraser back to because while I love Gardy, I think his time has passed. The question is what happens when Stanton coems back maybe within the next two weeks and then Hicks, also around the All Star Break. That's a crowded outfield and Dan Hurley. Plus, do the Yanks trust Voit's defense enough at 1st?

Severino looks to be out until July while I bet Paxton will be out until then, too, though they are saying 2 to 4 weeks. So, the two questions with the staff is 1) can Germán keep this up and 2) can the Yanks finder another effective starter from the Farm or do they go shopping?

Also look like Didi maybe back earlier than expected, say by August? Montgomery may also be back then, too.

As for Kracken, he's a head case. When he's healthy and doing OK as a Catcher, he's great. When his defense fails him and the media and fan pile on him, it all falls apart.

Would rather have the depth and figure it out vs not having depth, it does get irritating after awhile seeing Maybin and Tauchman hitting back to back every day, they have played as well as they can but that can only last so long. Ill take a wait and see approach when Hicks and/or Stanton come back there have been a lot of set backs. I say rotate the DH spot, its really not fair to the team if Andujar has to hog up the DH spot so you can just DH him and have him come off the bench to PH. You could even go with a defensive lineup or make defensive changes in the 7th-9th inning with lets say DJ 1B, Gleyber 2B, Didi SS, 3B Urshela, LF Gardner, CF Hicks, RF Judge

. Well see what happens its a long season injuries happen as we all know guys will need to days off, and the team is pretty cautious of not playing guys too many days in a row. DJ, Urshela, and Frazier should be in the lineup everyday and guys coming back from the DL (I'm talking out most of the season DL) should have to slowly work their way in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom