NY Yankees 2019 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

NY Yankees 2019

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Well, the bullpen is going to be loaded again as the Yanks reportedly signed Ottavino for $27 million over 3 years.

Sources: Yankees, Ottavino reach 3-year deal

So, is that it or will the Yanks swing a trade for another stater and is there money left for any other big signings, such as Harper or Macahdo.

I like the move. Cashman being quiet and then boom!

I see another possible starter but no deal on Machando.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Another fantastic signing for the Bombers. Pen is now fully loaded and positioned to lose Betances in free agency after the 2019 season while the club pursues Arenado.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Arenado great 3rd baseman and good player but please don’t give away the house for him.
Batting .315 vs .250 away and OBP is .350 vs .285 away....... not a huge fan of the Rockies players leaving their friendly confines.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Another fantastic signing for the Bombers. Pen is now fully loaded and positioned to lose Betances in free agency after the 2019 season while the club pursues Arenado.

I would have no problem with Betances being part of a trade package.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I would have no problem with Betances being part of a trade package.

Neither would I - Andujar, Betances, and a few prospects for Arenado. Done deal...just have to let Cashman know!

Reaction Score
Neither would I - Andujar, Betances, and a few prospects for Arenado. Done deal...just have to let Cashman know!

No Betances for me no way. He's the best 3rd baseman defensively period, but away from home not a greta hitter. Good news is his HR totals are not much different which is amazing - 20/21 split actually. Like him but all farmhands to me.

Dooley

Reaction Score
No Betances for me no way. He's the best 3rd baseman defensively period, but away from home not a greta hitter. Good news is his HR totals are not much different which is amazing - 20/21 split actually. Like him but all farmhands to me.

I like Betances, but I think Arenado is special. Keep in mind that Yankee is an extreme hitter's park too. I do think he's a better road hitter than what he posted in 2018, but even if he's not, he is very likely to put up tremendous home splits if his home park is Yankee. His numbers are very well repeatable if you take him away from Coors and plop him here. Add in the fact that he'd have someone like Judge or Stanton likely hitting before and behind him, and his counting stats also stay very high. Add in gold glove defense and a lunchpail dirt dog kind of guy and he's a no-brainer. But yeah, if they can trade for him without trading Betances, that would be ideal...even if Betances walks after this season.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

I'm one who would not trade Andujar. Too much talent to dismiss so soon. His defense will improve.

Now trade Grey and get a good young catcher and you put Sanchez in the package.

Reaction Score
I like Betances, but I think Arenado is special. Keep in mind that Yankee is an extreme hitter's park too. I do think he's a better road hitter than what he posted in 2018, but even if he's not, he is very likely to put up tremendous home splits if his home park is Yankee. His numbers are very well repeatable if you take him away from Coors and plop him here. Add in the fact that he'd have someone like Judge or Stanton likely hitting before and behind him, and his counting stats also stay very high. Add in gold glove defense and a lunchpail dirt dog kind of guy and he's a no-brainer. But yeah, if they can trade for him without trading Betances, that would be ideal...even if Betances walks after this season.

And the Yanks don't need another HR guy, they already have Judge and Stanton along with Sanchez (assuming he's not traded) and decent pop with Hicks and Didi. They needs guys who get on base to maximize the damage when the big bats do their work or to generate runs the old fashion way when they don't.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't complain about getting Arenado but you dont trade a haul for him when he will be a FA anyways you trade a haul for a bonafide ace.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I think the thought is that they'd trade for him and then sign him to a longer term extension. The trade would essentially allow the Yanks to get a jump on the market. The way the free agent market has cooled to Ice Age levels in the last 2 years, an extension before he hits free agency is certainly on the table.

Reaction Score
Well, the bullpen is going to be loaded again as the Yanks reportedly signed Ottavino for $27 million over 3 years.

Sources: Yankees, Ottavino reach 3-year deal

So, is that it or will the Yanks swing a trade for another stater and is there money left for any other big signings, such as Harper or Macahdo.
Always happy to add a live arm. Just hoping the whole, "I'd strike out Babe Ruth" thing isn't going to turn into Denham Brown's 100-point game. Just don't want to hear about every time he comes in a game.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Sports salaries are insane. Sonny Gray - that Sonny Gray - is going to get 30 million stupid dollars from the Reds over 3 years. Whitey Ford (still with us) knows he was born 70 years too soon.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’m curious to see if gray regains his prior form (and is a bargain at this rate) or if he is the righty version of Scott Kazmir.

Reaction Score
Looks like the deal for Gray to the Reds is done, a draft pick and the previously mentioned 2B prospect is coming to the Yanks.

Yankees ‘finalizing’ Sonny Gray to Reds | What it means

The Gray deal was tied-up while the Red negotiated an extension for Gray, which appears to be done. What's odd, is that the Yanks flipped the 2B prospect they got from Cincinati, Long, to Seattle for an OF prospect, Josh Stowers. I did not know that the Yanks also shipped an 'unranked' pitching prospect, Reiver Sanmartin, which I guess was a match for the '2019 Competitive Balance Round A draft pick' that Yanks also got from the Reds.

Yankees trade Sonny Gray to Reds, then trade prospect to Mariners for outfielder | What it means

Separately, the Yanks signed Danny Farquhar, a former relief pitcher from the White Sox, to a minor league contract. He's the guy who almost died in the White Sox dugout last April after suffering a ruptured brain aneurysm. I'm just happy he's alive to sign a baseball contract in 2019, regardless of the team.

Yankees adding bullpen depth by signing brain hemorrhage survivor

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Yankees moves are setting up a battle of approaches, not just teams. The Red Sox are going to be starter focused, the Yanks pen focused. Boone will have his work cut out managing all the bullpen arms.

the Q

Reaction Score
Smart move in the Gray deal. Yanks got a good price.

And they can use some of their newly acquired assets for another starter later on if they want to.

the Q

Reaction Score
Isn’t Ellsburys deal one less year?

Plus potential insurance money if he can’t play?

Sounds like a nice salary dump. Maybe sf can get prospects, even if not good ones

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Interesting rumor. Not sure about getting Cueto. Doesn't help the pitching until late in the season provided the arm is healthy.

Its good if Cashman is talking ot the Giants. Maybe some one else besides Cueto emerges.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom