NY Yankees 2019 | Page 18 | The Boneyard

NY Yankees 2019

Reaction Score
Definitely a "must win" game tonight if the Yanks are to have any hope of defeating Houston. Let's hope Tanaka picks up where he left off in Game One.

Lets hope he gets some help too, and not be spectators I'm talking to you Sanchez, Gardner and Encarnacion, and even you Judge. Boone better manage this like its a game 7.

Reaction Score
Lets hope he gets some help too, and not be spectators I'm talking to you Sanchez, Gardner and Encarnacion, and even you Judge. Boone better manage this like its a game 7.
They've gotta move on from Sanchez.

Reaction Score
Astros are better than the Yankees but Boone seems to have no feel for the playoffs.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
This is the worst case for the Yankees right now.
Using good arms and losing.

Reaction Score
Boone has Giancarlo available to dh the past couple games and he's got 1-20 Encarnacion batting in the heart of the order.

Reaction Score
And they've completely fallen apart. Just a terrible series for the Yankees.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately the Yankees are done and they know it. Looking back, they really needed to win game 2. I knew they were in trouble when they couldn't beat the Astros bullpen in that game. I never thought they would get swept at home, but looks like that will the case after tomorrow. Astros are a better team right now and a bad matchup.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Abysmal performance last night. Hitting has been terrible. Too many runners left on base.

Yankee front office has a lot of soul searching to do. A lot of questions need to be answered about players, coaches and the manager. Let the rumors begin!!!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Bases juiced and 1 out. Up comes Gleyber.

Strikeout. And then another strikeout.

BALLGAME OVER. AMERICAN LEAGUE DIVISION SERIES OVER. The-e-e-e-e-e Yankees lose.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think the Yankees will win tonight; but will then lose the following game in Houston.

As feared and for whatever reason, the big bats have gone cold in the playoffs, just like the prior years. Home runs are hard to come by in the playoffs with better pitching, better managers, and cold air. Outside of LeMahieu and Judge (Torres was hot game 1 and 2, cold since), the line-up has done nothing, especially #4 through #9. The Astros' starters have not been dominate as the Yanks have had a lot of guys on base; but, the Yanks can get in key hits to bring in the runs. The Astros have been able to get those hits.

As for tonight, put Stanton at DH and bench Encarnación. If Boone has a spine, bench Sanchez, too, and put in Romaine. Sanchez is quickly turning into this generation's version of ARod in the playoffs, which is not good. Someone also need to talk to Torres and get him to relax, I feel that's he's pushing too much. It's a team game and he cannot nor should be expected to do everything. Ottavino should not even dress tonight in order to avoid tempting Boone to put him in.

My hat is also off to CC, who looks to be done. The guy's a warrior. Not the end anyone wanted for him; but, just wanted to say thanks for everything.

Also, my middle finger to the idiot fans in Right Field harassing Greinke about his mental health and other things plus throwing stuff on the field. Ribbing a guy's performance or roasting him for being on the other team is sports; but there is a line and those guys crossed it and deservedly got ejected.

Reaction Score
Batting order for tonight, fingers crossed....

1) LeMahahieu 1B
2) Judge RF
3) Torres 2B
4) Stanton DH
5) Hicks CF
6) Sanchez C
7) Gregorius SS
8) Urshella 3B
9) Gardner LF
P) Paxton

On a prior note, Sabathia was dropped from the roster and replaced with Heller. It's the right move, just sad as it looks like CC"s shoulder and knee gave-out. Thanks for everything CC.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Hicks shouldn’t be on the roster either but what do I know.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Why hasn't Luke Voit played? I would have him in the line-up over Stanton and Hicks.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Why hasn't Luke Voit played? I would have him in the line-up over Stanton and Hicks.
He’s not on the playoff roster. Boone elected to have Edwin, Stanton, and Hicks over him.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
2 jacks = all 4 runs. Paxton is strong through five. Does he have Boone's faith for more?

Reaction Score
Thought it was going to be a crazy game after the 1st inning. Instead, the craziness just lasted 1 inning and both pitchers buckled down with Paxton getting the better of Verlander. Obviously, I'll take the win, though the offense, especially the back-half of the order really needs to show-up over the next two games.

The announcers said that both teams will go with their bullpens tomorrow versus a regular starter in Houston. I think that gives the Yanks an advantage as they have done so all season and the pressure is on Houston to finish off the Yanks before its a winner-take-all game. I would have no problem benching Sanchez tomorrow, either as a way to really send a jolt through the batters. Alternatively, bench Stanton if he is not 100% (and 0-3 with 2 K's today) and have Sanchez DH or bench them both and have Hicks DH with Maybin inserted for a spark.

If their is a Game 7, who starts? I'm not comfortable with Severino at this point as Runs will likely be at a premium against Cole or Grenike. Can Paxton go on 2 days' rest even if its just for 3 or 4 innings? Otherwise, its going to be Tanaka.

Reaction Score
Thought it was going to be a crazy game after the 1st inning. Instead, the craziness just lasted 1 inning and both pitchers buckled down with Paxton getting the better of Verlander. Obviously, I'll take the win, though the offense, especially the back-half of the order really needs to show-up over the next two games.

The announcers said that both teams will go with their bullpens tomorrow versus a regular starter in Houston. I think that gives the Yanks an advantage as they have done so all season and the pressure is on Houston to finish off the Yanks before its a winner-take-all game. I would have no problem benching Sanchez tomorrow, either as a way to really send a jolt through the batters. Alternatively, bench Stanton if he is not 100% (and 0-3 with 2 K's today) and have Sanchez DH or bench them both and have Hicks DH with Maybin inserted for a spark.

If their is a Game 7, who starts? I'm not comfortable with Severino at this point as Runs will likely be at a premium against Cole or Grenike. Can Paxton go on 2 days' rest even if its just for 3 or 4 innings? Otherwise, its going to be Tanaka.

Would have no choice to pitch Severino, this is where German will be missed he really Efd us. But I’ll worry about a game 7 if we somehow win game 6.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
:cool:
Not much?
Eh he’s had one good hit in 4 games. I’ll take the homer tho of course. But I wish we had a speedster off the bench and played Maybin. He has been swinging well as of late.

Reaction Score
Eh he’s had one good hit in 4 games. I’ll take the homer tho of course. But I wish we had a speedster off the bench and played Maybin. He has been swinging well as of late.

DH him?

Reaction Score
Frustrating but great series. Those are your two best teams, Stros are just a little better. Game 2 decided the series.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
What a 9th inning!!

DJ with a monster at bat resulting in a two run jack. Tie game.

And when Springer got on base I knew tha game was ending off the bat of Altuve. It was destiny. And Chapman wanted nothing to do with him as we saw by those first two pitches. Then he sneaks a slider on for a strike.

And then....POW.

#gonats

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
So, who was that bimbo in Brian Cashman's suite?

1571546171066.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom