Now Look at us....... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Now Look at us.......

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Those that say the UConn hasn't played a Top 10 Team yet are accurate. However, can't blame UConn for the year Notre Dame is having. ND has been a perennial Top 10, if not Top 5 Team. Without their injuries and transfers they would have been a Top 10 team.

Reaction Score
I think when all is said and done that the unknown ingredient is Aubrey. She is as athletic as anyone we have had in quite awhile and if she matures fast enough can be a fifth starter. Anna is trying to fit in but as we start playing the quicker, more athletic teams I fear she will be left behind. Perhaps I'm not visualizing it correctly but it seems that even with the teams we have played so far she is just getting past half court while the rest of the team is setting up a play.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Tony
Allow me to highlight... your main points that are undeniable.

In my view, they are almost a very good team...

UPON FURTHER REFLEXION:

I apologize for sounding Tony-like...but in my view, Geno has all the pieces in place for a very special team and in between his holiday cheer is scheming to unleash this monster on an unsuspecting woman's BB universe. CW will be coaxed into finding her way and the Husky's will dominate and prevail.

There's just one (nameless) player that scares me to death...and she's not from the West Coast.
If her team doesn't figure out her potential, we'll be just fine. I wish she played for us.
(Unfortunately, they're catching on).

Reaction Score
We havent played anyone yet. We'll know what our chances are of winning a title after Tenn., Baylor, Oregon, and the SC games. A few questions need to be answered:

1). How will our defense hold up against teams that can shoot & score well?
2). How will our lack of size/depth hold up against physical teams like SC and Baylor? Besides ONO, we have matchup problems against teams with size inside.
3). Who do we turn to in adversity, when we need a basket or leadership on the court?

Reaction Score
Those that say the UConn hasn't played a Top 10 Team yet are accurate. However, can't blame UConn for the year Notre Dame is having. ND has been a perennial Top 10, if not Top 5 Team. Without their injuries and transfers they would have been a Top 10 team.
Exactly! How are ND's troubles UConn's fought? Plus Cal is typically a ranked team also but having a rebuilding year.

Reaction Score
IMO, Williams improving her play is the key to the team reaching NC level play. She is obviously an enormous talent and just my opinion, but I believe she is still struggling a bit with how to initiate her offense within the team concept, in simple terms, she is thinking about WHETHER she should “go” rather than just “going”. Consciously thinking, rather than “just playing”, is a killer. Only shooting when you “think” you should shoot makes shooting all that much harder.
Two positive signs? When things tightened up against DePaul, she strapped it up and got several big rebounds down the stretch; when things got tight, she got focused. Further, I thought she made a conscious effort to go to the pull-up jumper against Oklahoma. While she had only moderate success with it in that game, that is definitely an awesome weapon, was an important part of her HS game, and will open up the court for her drives. Coupled with what I thought was a very honest and self aware interview before that game, especially by offering a serious and thoughtful ”I don’t know” when asked about her struggles, I think she is about to enter a much needed “the heck with it, I’m just going to play” mind set.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We havent played anyone yet. We'll know what our chances are of winning a title after Tenn., Baylor, Oregon, and the SC games. A few questions need to be answered:

1). How will our defense hold up against teams that can shoot & score well?
2). How will our lack of size/depth hold up against physical teams like SC and Baylor? Besides ONO, we have matchup problems against teams with size inside.

3). Who do we turn to in adversity, when we need a basket or leadership on the court?

Not unreasonable questions. If UConn is to win the NC, they will have to defeat these schools. These programs are not going away. They'll be right there with us that 2nd week and third week (hopefully for us) of the tournament. There is no getting around them. They are standing between UConn and the championship trophy.
If you want the trophy, you're going to have to go through them to get it. None of them are going to step aside freely.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Until we play Baylor and Oregon we really don't know, but if we beat them I'l be booking a NO hotel room!

No better place to party!

Reaction Score
True these out of conference games are scheduled years in advance. They lost all 5 starters. Couldn't happened to a nicer team.

Not actually I've always liked Muffet. but I hated their 3 point shooter Thank God she's gone

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I reading these posts and let me give my opinon. Megan is clutch and and AA. How many teams have a first team AA who can score and rebound like Megan? We have 2 guards who can put up 20+ pts at any time. How many top teams have that? We have a shot blocker who can score rebound handle the ball and intimidate. How many teams have that. We have a 5th starter who could be one of any 3-4 who is fundementally sound.

IMO UConn should make the FF with much of a problem. We have played some teams with names and reputations unlike many of the other top teams who have played teams we've never heard of. So I think its more about how will those other teams do against top teams including UConn. If UConn looses to Oregon Baylor and S Carolina they will have 3 loses. The question is how will those teams do against UConn?

Right now I feel we are pretty solid team. We still have a few areas we need to improve on and those areas need consistentcy. We have come a long way since November and we will get better in the areas we need to get better in. One thing we have is quickness and great passing. Many of the other top teams dont. Many of the other top teams play one on one and unless youve got a hot hand your not gonna fear well in big games.

In about 2 weeks Baylor comes to CT followed by Tenn. Without Cox I think UConn wins easily. With Cox I still think UConn wins in a tight one. Its gonna be a good New Year.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There's just one (nameless) player that scares me to death...and she's not from the West Coast.
If her team doesn't figure out her potential, we'll be just fine. I wish she played for us.
(Unfortunately, they're catching on).
If you mean Ms Boston, remember the game where Geno created a scheme to hold a freshman Britney Griner in check. The best way to defend a dangerous post player is to keep the ball out of their hands. The Huskies will need to be all over SC’s guards

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
If you mean Ms Boston, remember the game where Geno created a scheme to hold a freshman Britney Griner in check. The best way to defend a dangerous post player is to keep the ball out of their hands. The Huskies will need to be all over SC’s guards

Didn't mean to be enigmatic; it's just that her own team doesn't quite understand her potential and we're playing them...Let a sleeping dog.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom