November UConn (only) recruiting thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

November UConn (only) recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Give me one of these players and I would be a happy man!
Ms. Betts is 2025, 6'3". The " Big O" is 6'4" and is 2026 (as you might already know).
So, how about for 2025 waiting on Olivia Vukosa and adding/ considering Lara Somfai, 6'4" = 192 cm
(according to some reports) and being a little " greedy?? Somfai from Australia, Betts from
Colorado.... a long trip, but worth it!!!

Reaction Score
Ms. Betts is 2025, 6'3". The " Big O" is 6'4" and is 2026 (as you might already know).
So, how about for 2025 waiting on Olivia Vukosa and adding/ considering Lara Somfai, 6'4" = 192 cm
(according to some reports) and being a little " greedy?? Somfai from Australia, Betts from
She chose UCLA

20231111_132031.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Biggest player in the Top 50. After that is Brynn McGaughy (who’s much more versatile), they’re the only players in the Top 50 who are 6’3 or taller. I’m hoping the Coaching staff can offer Brynn soon and get another early commitment.
You and me both. She’s the best 4/3 in the ‘25 class.

Reaction Score
Biggest player in the Top 50. After that is Brynn McGaughy (who’s much more versatile), they’re the only players in the Top 50 who are 6’3 or taller. I’m hoping the Coaching staff can offer Brynn soon and get another early commitment.
Don’t understand why they are so slow on offering her. She has already said on multiple occasions UConn is her dream school. The same can be said about Jenna Lewis. Come on UConn get off your butts.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, most are already committed!
Betts-UCLA
Roberson-Duke
Tac-South Carolina
Koval-Notre Dame
I think Vukosa may be the only one left that we are even recruiting! I’m prettysure she’s worth it and I believe we actually may have a pretty good shot at her as well!

Reaction Score
Betts-UCLA
Roberson-Duke
Tac-South Carolina
Koval-Notre Dame
I think Vukosa may be the only one left that we are even recruiting! I’m prettysure she’s worth it and I believe we actually may have a pretty good shot at her as well!
I think so as well. She’s already been to Storrs for an unofficial and I haven’t heard of her visiting other schools. Hopefully she follows Ice and commits during her high school sophomore year

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Betts-UCLA
Roberson-Duke
Tac-South Carolina
Koval-Notre Dame
The only American

Reaction Score
They better not be. UConn already lacks depth and frontcourt talent. Geno ain't getting any younger.
I agree, I don’t think he will wait until next April. He can’t hold a scholarship offer open that long and pass up the opportunity to get a committment now. I would go after Bryn McG now. At 6’3” with 2 more years to go she could ad height. The young lady said UConn is her ideal school. Let’s not lose this kid.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I agree, I don’t think he will wait until next April. He can’t hold a scholarship offer open that long and pass up the opportunity to get a committment now. I would go after Bryn McG now. At 6’3” with 2 more years to go she could ad height. The young lady said UConn is her ideal school. Let’s not lose this kid.
Brynn is class of 2025, same as Gandy Malou-Mamel (a 6-5 UConn commit) and Lara Somfai (player of interest)

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
What year is Lara Somfai?

Eligible to play in college next season or......?

Reaction Score

Confirmed that Lara Somfai has a UConn offer

I like that she has an offer, but I also have a mixed reaction to this. Sometimes it can just be coincidence but when a name surfaces late in the recruiting cycle, sometimes it looks like plan C, when you don't have confidence plan A or B will work (as in Strong and Roberson).

Clearly I want her if we don't get Sara, but am worried this could be a bad sign on a greater priority.

Reaction Score
I like that she has an offer, but I also have a mixed reaction to this. Sometimes it can just be coincidence but when a name surfaces late in the recruiting cycle, sometimes it looks like plan C, when you don't have confidence plan A or B will work (as in Strong and Roberson).

Clearly I want her if we don't get Sara, but am worried this could be a bad sign on a greater priority.
It’s not late in the cycle for 2025s, they are a year apart because Somfai is a 2025.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Sarah is not a center, she’s a 6-2 forward

Reaction Score
I assume it's been noted somewhere else, but one of my favs, Kennedy Smith, gave a verbal to USC. At least it isn't SC.
Not surprised. Good opportunity to play close to home with Watkins, NIL, and for family considerations.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We could lose no one. Or we could lose Aubrey, Liya, Paige, Nika, and Azzi. Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom