November non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

November non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
Neighbors is most definitely an average qualified middle-weight coach for a conference if that's where it comes down. Taylor too, and honestly we know there is lots of upside at UGA if you can sell it.

Average middle-weight coach? So few programs go to final 4 in women's basketball. Just off that alone he is higher than many

Reaction Score
Average middle-weight coach? So few programs go to final 4 in women's basketball. Just off that alone he is higher than many
The "above" disappeared somewhere along the way. Thanks for the correction.

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Back to recruiting. Yes, Barnes is recruiting very well at a program that has no history of success in women's basketball. From what I've read, recruits just seem to like to her; and, last season's post-season run gives her solid footing.

Reaction Score
So...she liked the initials MSU, but green wasn't her color?
If I remember the rule correctly she has to sit out the spring semester and will be eligible in the fall. Mississippi State has a couple of guards graduating so while posts and forwards are the most pressing need she appears to be a good addition on the perimeter. However the most puzzling part is she committed to a program with an interim staff. She had options so I wonder if anything can be read into her commitment as far as some or all of the current coaches.

Reaction Score

This will be interesting next season. Coaching situation is in limbo. You have the Hayes sisters in addition to the other guards on the squad. Saw a couple posts from the father of the sisters noting that the team needs bigs.

Reaction Score
This will be interesting next season. Coaching situation is in limbo. You have the Hayes sisters in addition to the other guards on the squad. Saw a couple posts from the father of the sisters noting that the team needs bigs.
He isn’t wrong. MSU needs posts and forwards that can play. However A Winston definitely adds to the team and is a take. Further MSU does definitely lose C Thompson and potentially M Taylor and Anastasia Hayes if they don’t get or take a COVID year. There could also be guard transfers out. The biggest question for me is her transfer with the interim coaching situation. Excellent work by Coach Novak and staff. He is definitely taking his job seriously.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Looks like Olivia McGhee has committed to be a wildcat.
I'm predicting stardom for her like her size and position versatility.

FGCvklCXsAUUhJ6

Reaction Score
Looks like Olivia McGhee has committed to be a wildcat.
I'm predicting stardom for her like her size and position versatility.

FGCvklCXsAUUhJ6

Not sure as she's retweeted this posted a from a couple days ago. Kentucky is in the mix though.

Also, should we be moving to a Jan 2022 Non-UConn Recruiting Thread? Is anyone allowed to create it?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom