November 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

November 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah. Of course she is the Strother and KLS archetype but a bit different in that shevseems to have a bit more to her game. It's like she has some Sveta mixed in.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
beautiful fall away jumper- in the corner - off the dribble! Unstoppable!
anybody hearing ANYTHING about her recruiting? I’m sure everybody has offered but only crickets from her camp.
Barker is going to be a beast no doubt about that! She pretty much dominated U16 trials. That step back fall away jumper is pretty much money. At the end of this video she was hitting that jumper over 6'7" Lauren Betts. :D Her and Brady @ UCONN are going to be big problems for the rest of WCBB.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Barker is going to be a beast no doubt about that! She pretty much dominated U16 trials. That step back fall away jumper is pretty much money. At the end of this video she was hitting that jumper over 6'7" Lauren Betts. :D Her and Brady @ UCONN are going to be big problems for the rest of WCBB.

Her ability to drive and take body contact reminded me of a taller version of Collier.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

You say that as if she has already committed to UConn. Has UConn offered and if so what do you think of their chances of getting her commitment? I have not heard much about her recruitment.

Reaction Score
You say that as if she has already committed to UConn. Has UConn offered and if so what do you think of their chances of getting her commitment? I have not heard much about her recruitment.

nobody knows who has offered because she is totally silent. My bet is EVERYBODY has offered including Geno and Dawn. From my review of tapes (I’m no expert) she looks like the most dominant prospect of 2022.

not discounting Miami, Florida, FSU possibilities but I would think she would be considering the “contender class” of programs. Heck, UCLA and unc might be in the race.

Reaction Score

Stop teasing me. Just stop it! I can't even picture that. Well, maybe I can.

Reaction Score
look at the difference in the footwork between Paige and Azzi. Azzi has a one step bounce to shoot and paige has a more typical two separate steps. Azzi gets her shot of quicker. I saw a post recently that Azzi and her dad were woking on converting her footwork to mimic Steph's. I can really see what they mean in this video.
The big difference I see is that Paige brings the ball lower before starting her shooting motion than does Azzi. This, too, can account for why it takes her longer to get her shot off.

Reaction Score
nobody knows who has offered because she is totally silent. My bet is EVERYBODY has offered including Geno and Dawn. From my review of tapes (I’m no expert) she looks like the most dominant prospect of 2022.

not discounting Miami, Florida, FSU possibilities but I would think she would be considering the “contender class” of programs. Heck, UCLA and unc might be in the race.
She's a HS junior, female version of MJ. Ridiculous talent.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
From my review of tapes (I’m no expert) she looks like the most dominant prospect of 2022.
Respecting your opinion, but I would like to see her go up against Betts. That video looked like USA trials and I would think Betts was there. Would have been interesting to see her try some of those moves on the very long Miss Betts. Best option would be for her and Lauren to both come to UConn ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Respecting your opinion, but I would like to see her go up against Betts. That video looked like USA trials and I would think Betts was there. Would have been interesting to see her try some of those moves on the very long Miss Betts. Best option would be for her and Lauren to both come to UConn ;)
She did put those moves on Betts. It is literally the last shot in the video. She dominated the trials.

Reaction Score
Then it's settled for me Ice, Betts, Barker, and Rice. I'm done shopping
Other than Brady, UConn would be fortunate to get one of the other 3 and IMO Jackson is better than Rice. I'm afraid Barker is going to be a Rhyne Howard for somebody else.

Reaction Score
We are in the running for the big German girl Gretta von Dunke..class of 23..

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I too want to see her go up against Betts...during UConn practices. No doubt this kid is nice. She has a frame and athleticism made for basketball. UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
Edwards is very similar to Barker and just might be equal or better. With all the talent that Geno has right now, who has swiss army knife versatility he is in 7th heaven and will more than likely only take a couple of players in 2022. Unless those players are the best players in the class. Everything's seemingly coming up roses for "the big guy.":cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Highlights from 11/14:

First time I've seen video on Barker, I like her. She can run the fast break and she goes to the basket with the ball held high in one hand like Maya use to. I never saw Maya get that shot blocked. Barker is the kind of player that can put you in "early" foul trouble with those drives to the basket.

I can see why some here are high on Barker. She's nice. A 6'2" F junior ranked #2 (position rank #1) in the class of 2022. She'll have her choice of schools also. :cool: I'd like to see her in person.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul