November 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

November 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Ashlon follows a lot of college coaches/players/programs on twitter such as:

Duke, Oregon, Louisville, UConn, Baylor, Texas, North Carolina, Louisville, USC, UCLA, Stanford, Rutgers, Texas A&M, etc.

I'll try to list my Top 5 guesses on Thursday.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
EajYNoWX0AAtj5N.jpg

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Rachel Griffin - 2024, 6'3 Wing, Fayette-Ware, Team Thad - major prospect, skilled on the perimeter, capable scorer from all levels, puts the ball on the floor with purpose, active defender, vertical on blocked shots

Reaction Score
I think Baylor and Texas are givens. I bet you nailed at least 1 of the other 3.

Can we get her out of Texas? Maybe. Will she come if we already have Azzi? Probably not. Is she a good back-up plan in case we don't get Azzi? Absolutely!
I was quite pleased that we have been able to get talent out of Europe over the past two years. I would love to see us "mine" some elite talent out of Texas and tap into that pipeline again. I am thinking Mo Jefferson level talent as opposed to Lexi Gordon level talent.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2022 guard Paulina Paris who UConn has shown interest in:

Reaction Score
Rachel Griffin - 2024, 6'3 Wing, Fayette-Ware, Team Thad - major prospect, skilled on the perimeter, capable scorer from all levels, puts the ball on the floor with purpose, active defender, vertical on blocked shots

touting a 2026 recruit.

lawd I’m gettin’ old.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Regarding Ashlon Jackson, I'm not going to include UConn in my Top 5 guesses simply because posters on here have talked about how stacked your team is at SG/W. If that hadn't been stated, I would for sure have included UConn.

So, without checking the roster depth at all the other schools, here are my guesses:

Baylor
Duke
North Carolina
Oregon
Texas

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Anyone care to guess who her list might include?

No prediction, but I’m very interested in seeing her list. She’s kept her offers close to the vest. I hope UConn is on it.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
In the article, they are touting one gal in the 2026 class. That’s what? 12.

I didn’t pay attention to her height though. Might be 6-3. I’m still old.

read the linked article. One of the players in the article is a 2026
I will take your word for it, and apologize for my attempt at humor. I do not read any of these articles ; and I am happy to wait for the young, and apparently younger , ladies to commit to wherever before I concern myself with the vagaries of adolescent behavior.

Reaction Score
I will take your word for it, and apologize for my attempt at humor. I do not read any of these articles ; and I am happy to wait for the young, and apparently younger , ladies to commit to wherever before I concern myself with the vagaries of adolescent behavior.

No problem. Your humor was noted.

I should have put this quote in my original post:

"Faye Williams - 2026, 5'11 Wing, Lowrance Middle School, Bluff City - long wing with promising potential, looked solid in skills&drills, sisters play at Memphis (Lanyce and Lanetta)"

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
In the article, they are touting one gal in the 2026 class. That’s what? 12.

I didn’t pay attention to her height though. Might be 6-3. I’m still old.

read the linked article. One of the players in the article is a 2026
:eek: You are correct on both counts 1) The article is touting a 2026 prospect 2) You are getting old.:D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Thanks Stoli, I've been waiting for this list. Not at all surprised to see Stanford on the list, but I am surprised not to see any Texas schools listed. :eek: We cleared THAT hurdle. We're still in the race. Besides UConn, one other school jumps out at me where I think she would be an excellent fit, but I'll keep that to my self. :oops:

Being an Ashlon fan, I really would like to see her come to Storrs whether Azzi comes or not. She'll be a great get, and a great player/teammate wherever she goes. I'll be real here, I want 'em BOTH!!! However things work out, if only one of them commits to UConn, I'll be "extremely" happy. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak