Notre Dame [will be] going down to Baylor! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame [will be] going down to Baylor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Here is how I see the individual matchups

• [ ]Sims vs Lloyd = Advantage Sims
    [ ]Davis vs Achonwa = I'll take Davis against anyone not named Stewart. I think Achonwa will have trouble with Davis's athleticism, quickness and determination. Davis may be the hardest worker I have ever seen on a basketball court. She just has a motor and determination second to none.
    [ ]Johnson vs Allen = draw
    [ ]Braker vs Agbuke = draw
    [ ]McBride vs Robertson = advantage McBride

I also have confidence in the Baylor bench. Wright and Small bring nice size and athleticism on the wings and Cave and Higgins fill in nicely for Agbuke and Davis.

You need to take off your Baylor colored glasses:)

Sims edge over Lloyd is very small.
Achonwa has the edge on Davis because she's a much better passer.
McBride isn't just better than Robertson, she's far superior to Robertson.

You also discount the fact that ND can bring in 2 very good 3 pt. shooters off the bench. Something Baylor lacks.

I'd love to see Baylor upset ND, but barring an uncharacteristically poor performance I don't see it happening.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I'll join the chorus which hopes to see the "Muffet Show" cancelled tonight. But seriously, Baylor plays without plan and discipline way too much to beat ND. Sims' composure will be sorely tested, and I'd expect her to have a poor game as a result.

ND doesn't have to stop Sims. She will stop herself.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I just have two questions:

1) Who will win the fashion showdown between Kim and Muffet?

2) What's the over/under on total flops by both teams?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I just have two questions:

1) Who will win the fashion showdown between Kim and Muffet?

2) What's the over/under on total flops by both teams?

1) Muffet
2) 6

Speaking of Muffet and fashion, she wore the same outfit for Saturday's game against OKSt

that she wore for last year's FF game against UConn

Not sure why, but I notice these things.

Reaction Score
What Notre Dame has to do is what UConn did, make Odyssey Sims a volume shooter. If she's taking a lot of shots, and not hitting a high percentage, it means the other players are not involved, which will be a plus for Notre Dame. Also, someone stick to Nina Davis like glue. BOX HER OUT. Notre Dame is not going to fall at home, although in some ways Baylor is a more well-rounded team than last year, just like Notre Dame. Notre Dame 87-81.

Reaction Score
ND by ten at least. We must have the battle of the undefeateds. ND is the only team that can validate our greatness.

Reaction Score
I agree. It looks liek an attempt just searichign to find anythign wrong

You're taking Davis a frosh over Achonwa???? Really? LOL

IMO for your team-- Sims has to dominate so much that it gives an opportunity for your other players to shine. It's all on Sims.
To Davis credit she did hold her own against Dolson and Stewart. Two of the best post players right now. I wouldnt be to suprised to see her outperform Achonwa

Reaction Score
I guess I'll throw in my 2 cents. Notre Dame 78 Baylor 77 ot. Uconn 61 Texas Am 45

Reaction Score
This should be a good game. If Sims struggle, the Irish will win huge. If Sims is feeling it, the Irish will still win but it might be close. I just don't see the Lady Irish losing....but you never know.

Reaction Score
How many lay ups can these teams miss? 3 for Baylor just on their last 2 trips down the floor.

Reaction Score
There is a game thread started. Might want to post in game comments in that thread so folks see them.

Reaction Score
We will revisit this after the game. You may be right...you may be wrong. I guess we will know tonight.

Stiper69 says "no contest"
Sawxfan says "This game will not even be close" and "Notre Dame will win by at least 20"
Hoophuskee says "Davis head-to-head vs, Achonwa will get wiped off the court" and "You're taking Davis a frosh over Achonwa???? Really? LOL"
Eric(Baylor is not top 25)sandiego says "ND by about 15."

Your right easttexas ND would not win by 20 it was only 19, I was off by 1.

Reaction Score
And Achonwa doesn't need McBride and Lloyd? You have to make a better argument than that.

I love this time of year. We get to actually see how it plays out instead of talking about it all year.

Hello????

Hello???

They played didn't they?

Ummm I'm not sure but maybe someone else can tell us- how they both did?? UMMMMM I can't seem to recall but it sure looked like Achonwa really needed McBride out there as you suggested. McBride really elevated Natalie's game yessirree.

Ohh wait -- I get it. You thought this was a best of three in which they will play tomorrow and the next day? Maybe if Natalie were to play on one leg then the freshman would have a chance?

Just havin fun with ya. You're a good poster. Not everytime do predictions come to fruition.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Hello????

Hello???

They played didn't they?

Ummm I'm not sure but maybe someone else can tell us- how they both did?? UMMMMM I can't seem to recall but it sure looked like Achonwa really needed McBride out there as you suggested. McBride really elevated Natalie's game yessirree.

Ohh wait -- I get it. You thought this was a best of three in which they will play tomorrow and the next day? Maybe if Natalie were to play on one leg then the freshman would have a chance?

Just havin fun with ya. You're a good poster. Not everytime do predictions come to fruition.

You were right. And now, like last year, UCONN gets a free pass to a national championship.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
You were right. And now, like last year, UCONN gets a free pass to a national championship.

You're disappointed. I get it. I sympathize with your loss. I feel bad for your seniors. But cut the c*** about our free pass, particularly on a board that has usually been pretty fair to you, even when you are in one of your snits.
UConn EARNS its titles. There are no free rides. And we don't know how this one will end yet. But we hope we do.

Reaction Score

Free pass? UConn beat the team that had beat them 3 times previously during the season to get to the championship game. It's not UConn's fault the other side of the bracket didn't shake out as expected. UConn played the cards they were dealt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom