Notre Dame @ Virginia Tech 1/16/19 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame @ Virginia Tech 1/16/19

Reaction Score
Ha, the commentators already pointing out what a trash-talker Marina is.

If she played basketball as well as she talked trash, she could be NPOY.
Beyond the trash talking what I find more annoying is her constant complaining. Her body language speaks volumes. I'll be interested to see if she takes those behaviors to the WNBA (if she makes it to that level) and how some of the league enforcers deal with her.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Beyond the trash talking what I find more annoying is her constant complaining. Her body language speaks volumes. I'll be interested to see if she takes those behaviors to the WNBA (if she makes it to that level) and how some of the league enforcers deal with her.

:confused::confused::confused: I am not sure she has the physical tools to make an impact in the WNBA but her constant complaining fits into the WNBA like a glove.

Reaction Score
I find it funny that some people who never even attended Notre Dame gravitate toward rooting for them.

I guess we find different things funny.
Not specific to Women's BB but back in the day I loved the Irish men's BB team - John Shumate, Gary Brokaw and company. UCLA was the top dog and I think a lot of folks outside of South Bend became Irish fans looking for them to knock off Wooden's teams.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Not specific to Women's BB but back in the day I loved the Irish men's BB team - John Shumate, Gary Brokaw and company. UCLA was the top dog and I think a lot of folks outside of South Bend became Irish fans looking for them to knock off Wooden's teams.
That was the only period I pulled for Notre Dame except when the women won the NC with local St. Louis product, N. Ivey.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

I was lucky enough to attend ND during those years and even luckier to have a direct viewing line on Dwight "The Iceman" Clay's shot in that infamous UCLA vs. ND game in 1974 that ended UCLA's winning streak. As a frosh, attended classes with Irish first-year players"A.D." (Adrian Dantley), NJ's Bill Paterno and Toby Knight, a skinny forward from Long Island who had some good years later.

That was the only period I pulled for Notre Dame except when the women won the NC with local St. Louis product, N. Ivey.

The Irish were still in the Big East then (as were the Huskies) and saw that specific team frequently when they came to the metro NYC area, particularly Seton Hall and Rutgers. Big fan of Niele, Ruth Riley, forward Kelly Siemon (now an ACC commentator) and sharpshooter Alicia Ratay. Another Irish team that only went 6 deep, max.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I would expect a fairly easy win for ND but hopefully Dara puts on a good display..I think VTech is still a year away from being really competitive in the ACC....

I think they may take a step back next season.... they lose so much from this year's roster. Emery, Magarity, Camp, Jean (although she's be injured most of this year)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think they may take a step back next season.... they lose so much from this year's roster. Emery, Magarity, Camp, Jean (although she's be injured most of this year)
Emery is an absolute baller (18.7 ppg) and will be dearly missed. Magarity is their 2nd-leading scorer (13.6 ppg) and by far their leading rebounder (12.9 rpg). Hard to imagine next year not being a step back, although they do have a highly rated post recruit (#32 HG).

Reaction Score
I'd say about the same percentage of hate that I've witnessed regarding UConn on the ND forum......
Fair enough I don’t understand why ND fans hate UCONN really. Most of them seem to just not like Geno. I honestly don’t have any feelings toward UCONN. Because outside of Women’s Basketball We don’t play y’all that often in anything. The teams I dislike in Women’s Basketball are the teams I already dislike which is Bama, Ohio St., Michigan, Georgia, and USC. After last year and how Walz and their fans acted I’m not a fan of Louisville Women’s Basketball. I hope UCONN demolishes Louisville.

Reaction Score

you could be right.......... I didn't think Emery was a senior............. they have a nice recruiting class coming including a big post that is underrated....

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Emery is an absolute baller (18.7 ppg) and will be dearly missed. Magarity is their 2nd-leading scorer (13.6 ppg) and by far their leading rebounder (12.9 rpg). Hard to imagine next year not being a step back, although they do have a highly rated post recruit (#32 HG).

you could be right..... I didn't think Emery was a senior... they have a nice recruiting class coming including a big post that is underrated....

that post recruit is from my city/county.... Elizabeth Kitley... I didnt know she tore her ACL during the summer until I read about it in the paper a few weeks ago. Her teammate and fellow VPI signee (King) is a guard... she suffered a high ankle sprain in the local holiday tournament here.... not sure if she's back yet. They are winners..... NW Guilford has won back to back state titles in the biggest school classification... and they were runnerups (lost on a buzzer beater) in their freshman season.

Reaction Score
that post recruit is from my city/county.... Elizabeth Kitley... I didnt know she tore her ACL during the summer until I read about it in the paper a few weeks ago. Her teammate and fellow VPI signee (King) is a guard... she suffered a high ankle sprain in the local holiday tournament here.... not sure if she's back yet. They are winners..... NW Guilford has won back to back state titles in the biggest school classification... and they were runnerups (lost on a buzzer beater) in their freshman season.

I saw Kitley in a game last year and she was really good...........I had never seen nor heard of her...............

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom