Notre Dame @ Virginia Tech 1/16/19 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame @ Virginia Tech 1/16/19

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I wonder what would happen if #24 for ND gave a cheap shot to Little Mabrey..... would Big Mabrey say something to her teammate?

This being Marina, of course there's a quote for that:

1547686052123.png

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wonder why this game is on a Wednesday night.... thats unusual for the ACC

Reaction Score
You realize this isn't a Notre Dame board, right?
You realize that almost everyone outside the South Bend Bubble hates Notre Dame, right?
Yeah I do realize that and I still find it funny.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Interesting. I almost want Ogunbowale to take a cheap shot at Dara to see how Marina would react.

Of course, Dara has been on campus a number of times, including this fall for the Michigan football weekend. She knows all of ND's players very well. She's practically the whole team's little sister. I don't see anyone coming after her. And if they do, they'll have to answer to more than just Marina.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Of course, Dara has been on campus a number of times, including this fall for the Michigan football weekend. She knows all of ND's players very well. She's practically the whole team's little sister. I don't see anyone coming after her. And if they do, they'll have to answer to more than just Marina.

I would think the Mabrey sisters would be going at each other hard on the court. After the game is over it's all about family but while you're on the court you want to win and get bragging rights.

There have been several games featuring sisters on opposing teams over the years that I've been aware of. I believe there were 2 meetings between Gonzaga and Tennessee when each had a Bjorklund (Jamie and Angie). Gonzaga was also involved in a sister showdown when they faced Stanford and each had a Tinkle (Joslyn and Elle, now frequently seen together courtside in Corvallis rooting for their younger brother Tres and dad Wayne, the coach of the OSU men's team). I'm pretty sure UConn and Stanford avoided playing each other during the year's Karlie and Katie Lou's careers overlapped.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I find it funny that some people who never even attended Notre Dame gravitate toward rooting for them.

I guess we find different things funny.

Guilty, but at least I have a half-decent origin story for my fandom.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I don't have ACC Network so not watching the game. I did see the Iowa game. Both featured a very lopsided 3rd quarter where ND completely blew the game wide open. 29-10 in Q3 tonight.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Like most teams in the ACC, Virginia Tech is a lot more bark than bite. This makes 4 consecutive losses, likely to be 5 when they visit Raleigh on Sunday.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Like most teams in the ACC, Virginia Tech is a lot more bark than bite. This makes 4 consecutive losses, likely to be 5 when they visit Raleigh on Sunday.

to be fair..... most WCBB teams would have trouble with VPI's first 5 ACC games. @Miami, Syracuse, @ UVA, ND, and @ State

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

I mean, all 4 losses are to conference opponents, so I don't know how you can knock the conference in that regard.

But yeah, they went undefeated in non-conference play without beating anyone of note. Now, it's back to reality.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
to be fair..... most WCBB teams would have trouble with VPI's first 5 ACC games. @Miami, Syracuse, @ UVA, ND, and @ State
@UVA??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom