Notre Dame/UConn women | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame/UConn women

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I so wish conference re-alignment revolved around women's basketball instead of football.

And, I notice the announcers constantly referring Skylar Diggins to "one of the greats" - I've watched her a couple times, and while she's certainly a good player, she's never blown me away. I think the kid the guard from Baylor is better, but I forget her name.
I agree, although, the best looking, classiest, head straight, as well as the best player is, Elena Delle Donne, from Delaware. She must have some UConn, DNA

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Top 20 too big of a stretch, well lets start naming the top 20.

She wouldn't even be top 10 at Uconn imo. Not ranked in order:
  1. Nykesha Sales
  2. Rebecca Lobo
  3. Kara Walters
  4. Shea Ralph
  5. Diana Taurasi
  6. Sue Bird
  7. Swin Cash/Ashja Jones/Tamika Williams
  8. Maya Moore
  9. Tina Charles
  10. Renee Montgomery
And I know I'm missing some here.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Perhaps. I only have eyes for my wife, so I can't agree with you or disagree.
WLOS post (wife looking over shoulder)

Reaction Score
Diggins had a great career but if she was at UConn then she would have just been another very good player. Let's be honest, if someone who was the best player on the women's team at UConn didn't win a title in their 4 years then she wouldn't be considered an all time great.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
To be fair to Diggins, her Frosh year we had Maya. Last year Baylor had Griner. The year before that Baylor had Griner and they didn't win. This year when Griner figured to stand in her way is the only one that one could argue she might have been in a position to carry her team to the NC, but it ain't like a bunch of unlikely players knocked her team out. She's very good. And I loath ND.

Reaction Score
A spread has more do with than what Vegas believes the point difference will be between the two teams. Just because UConn is -2.5 does not mean Vegas believes they will win by 2-3 points. Vegas wants to even out the action as best they can, for they don't get burned either way.

For instance, when UConn played UK in the Final Four 2 years ago, UK was -2.5. Even though UConn was the lower seed, one of the hottest teams in the country (9 game winning streak), absolutley destoryed them earlier in the season, and overall the better team. Vegas was probably aware of other factors such as UK's huge following, and national brand (even more-so than UCon). They wanted to even out actions and entice other gambles who woud have gone with UK +1 but since the spread was at UK -2.5, decided to go with UConn. This ultimately evens out that actions and why you see the spread for the Super Bower move up and down so much when it is first released.

Anyways, lets go UConn girls!
Vegas just wants to make the vig with the target being balanced betting. The early line is probably the most accurate point spread because it happens before they get much action. As you said the line gets adjusted to encourage balanced betting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom