Notre Dame to Leave Hockey East for Big 10 starting 2017-2018 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame to Leave Hockey East for Big 10 starting 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BC, BU et al formed Hockey East when they didn't want to be in a giant (17-team) league with the Ivies (who, at the time, were widely thought to be considering their own league). Even though the Ivies have since shown a willingness to be in a larger league that is willing to accommodate some of their scheduling, length of season and admissions requirements, I don't see that being reversed. First, HE would be less willing to accommodate the Ivies than academically selective, small privates like RPI, SLU, Colgate, Union, et al and the Ivies would be more concerned about large publics + BC/BU being dominant with scholarships, more flexibility in recruiting and larger budgets.

I also don't think the rest of the ECAC, most of whom have long histories in college hockey, have any interest in being in a league with AIC, SHU, Niagara, RMU, etc. with their small rinks, lower academic standards and minimal history in the sport.
Who ever imagined QU would become a powerhouse? Besides Rand Pecknold.

Reaction Score
Quite familiar - been watching this dance my whole lifetime -- live mile away.;)

The clip was interesting because Hamden HS received a variance to put lights at their stadium even though there are more people who live in those apartments behind the Hamden ice rink than those who live around the eastern and south edge of Quinnipaic's main campus. Then again, Hamden HS is in Hamden, Quinnipac is in Mt. Carmel, which makes this no surprise.

Any room near Quinnipac's area for sports fields? The Google map make it look like there; but, I think that the remaining tract is either wetlands or on a decent slope.

Reaction Score
Wisconsin is about to make a huge hire in hockey, Tony Granato. The bright news is he has not been able to prove he can win in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom