Notre Dame Loses - who is the #1 seed now? (Merged thread) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame Loses - who is the #1 seed now? (Merged thread)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
ND has possibly the worst depth in the countey. They dont rely on anyone off the bench and if a starter isnt "on" there isnt a suitable backup to help. Catch Arike on an off shooting night and pound the boards and you can win.
ND didn’t have any depth last year, so I am reminded of Geno’s wise comment after UConn’s upset win at ND in December. “Just because you have everyone coming back doesn’t mean you have the same team.”

Reaction Score
Maybe #8 seed in the SEC Tournament ? :rolleyes:

Lemme stop picking. on TN ... just looked at the ACC standings and Duke is currently in 12th place

that's true but Duke was expected to be in 12th place...................or maybe 11th................:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
PLEASE continue picking on TN. As we all know, TN will be at the big dance ONLY because they are TN, their win/loss record will not make a difference.

No we do not ALL know that.

Reaction Score
He put out an article today with the following:

Chicago - Baylor, Marquette
Albany - UConn, MSST
Portland - Oregon, ND
Greensboro - Lousiville, Stanford

UConn to Albany is just over 2 hours. ND to Chicago is an hour and a half!! There is no way they are not going to put ND in Chicago - it would be crazy if they didn't.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
ND has possibly the worst depth in the countey. They dont rely on anyone off the bench and if a starter isnt "on" there isnt a suitable backup to help. Catch Arike on an off shooting night and pound the boards and you can win.

Unfortunately, Arike's been on an off shooting night for about a month now, just not making anything out of layup range. When her midrange game is off, it can get ugly because she's got that scorer's mentality where she's just going to keep shooting and trust she'll make the next one.

The fun thing is that bench are going to be ND's starters next year! You can tell by the exclamation points how fun and not at all worrying it is!

(I do think Vaughn, Patterson, and Nixon will be fine as starters once they are actually getting the starters' minutes and not afraid that any mistake they make in their limited minutes will send them back to the bench)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, Arike's been on an off shooting night for about a month now, just not making anything out of layup range. When her midrange game is off, it can get ugly because she's got that scorer's mentality where she's just going to keep shooting and trust she'll make the next one.

The fun thing is that bench are going to be ND's starters next year! You can tell by the exclamation points how fun and not at all worrying it is!

(I do think Vaughn, Patterson, and Nixon will be fine as starters once they are actually getting the starters' minutes and not afraid that any mistake they make in their limited minutes will send them back to the bench)
Shooters tend to figure things out. Husky fans have been riding lengthy shooting slumps for both Lou & Christyn until Wednesday’s game when they both appeared to wake up and start knocking down shots.

Reaction Score

You’ll get no sympathy on this board about an unproductive bench. :)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
You’ll get no sympathy on this board about an unproductive bench. :)

With apologies to Thucydides...

I was born onto this board to take no sympathy myself and give none to others ;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
With apologies to Thucydides...

I was born onto this board to take no sympathy myself and give none to others ;)
"Ignorance is bold and knowledge is reserved." :cool:

Reaction Score
Like it or not (I like it), the era of parity in WBB has finally arrived. Sure, in individual seasons, like in every sport, one team or another will exhibit relative dominance over the rest of the pack, but the dynasty dynamic that has characterized the women’s game for so long (with the UConn example being the most illustrious), well, that’s almost certainly a thing of the past. While some may bemoan the new reality, the inevitable resultant heightening of fan interest around the country and surrounding so many more programs is a welcome development, at least to me. Upsets will be more the new order of the day...I like that. But, my friends, even though it is increasingly less surprising, doesn’t it feel especially good to see that Notre Dame lost yet again last night?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I think the opposite.

Baseball is always better with pennant races across the board.

Draws fans, draws attention, raises the stakes on reg season games, elevates conference tournaments.

There is a cascade effect across the entire sport in excitement.

You a sports fan ? or not ?

This post is spot on. Unlike the last few seasons, it seems there are not just one or two real contenders but a whole bunch that can make some noise in March. This year's NCAAT could be extremely competitive and exciting.

Reaction Score
Now isn't this kinda stuff a whole lot more fun/interesting than one or two undefeated's running the table.

Tournament starts in Round 1 this year instead of Round 3 or 4. And some of these conf tournaments are gonna be great watches.

The Cream, not Creme, will come to the top.

Game on.
No! Dynasty beats parity. The universe is temporarily out of balance but, hopefully, will right itself soon.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme just tweeted: "Here is the update at the top. #1’s Baylor, Louisville, Oregon, UConn. #2’s ND, Miss St, Stanford, Marquette. Just like that, UConn is back on the 1-line thanks to Miami. "
It’s all silliness until the season is over.

Reaction Score
Just watched the end of ND-Miami replay. The timeout at the 19.5 sec mark of last quarter, the ND huddle with some kind of confusion going on, unlike a Muffet team. When play was to resume, ND had an "unofficial" substitution player on court, refs had to bring Mabrey back on court.

Reaction Score
Always good to see ND go down. Looking at the box, it appears that they had their shooting woes that our women have been trying to deal with.

Right now, I'm not really concerned about tourney seed. Would really like to see more consistent play, that we saw last night. They looked like the players we know they are. Just continue to focus and play UConn BBall. The rest will come, regardless of seed.
What does this win say about Miami? Are they a sleeper team, just now beginning to peak?

Reaction Score
Charlie Creme is so smart. Every time a team loses he says, "oops I need to change my mind".

I've often said, a third grader could do his job just as efficiently. Just look at the polls on Tuesday morning and go with top 4 as #1 seeds 5 through 8 as #2 seeds, so on and so on.
While I hesitate to defend Crème, he is one of the only one who follows women's basketball. At least his assessments create PR for the sport. We need as much as we can get.

Reaction Score
I agree and it felt so good that they lost that I watched a replay of ND's second half ;-)

Reaction Score
I agree it feels good, almost, that ND lost. However along with that joy goes the realization the ND team Uconn seriously defeated wasn't the ND we all knew, which makes that a downer.

Also, as to parity: Much Much too early to assign that title to this year. It appears to not be so much parity of high-level teams competing at the highest of levels--it seems to be teams have some bad games when their personnel would suggest they are very highly ranked.
To me Parity occurs when top teams playing at the very highest of levels compete head to head for superiority. That is the standard that Uconn had heaped upon those that choose to play Women's basketball.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame has a lot of talent. One begins to wonder how they lose with all of that talent?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom