Notre Dame Loses - who is the #1 seed now? (Merged thread) | The Boneyard

Notre Dame Loses - who is the #1 seed now? (Merged thread)

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
1549591129437.png

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Bumps Mississippi State up. So Baylor, Louisville, Mississippi State and Oregon IMO. Notre Dame has a lot of good wins but losing to Miami and North Carolina may hurt big time come selection Sunday.

That said, Mississippi State has a date (or 2) with a red hot South Carolina team to finish the year, and Oregon has a brutal stretching coming up with back to back games vs Oregon State and a meeting with Stanford this weekend.

Reaction Score
If MSST wins out the rest of the regular season, they will be shipped to Albany to have a date with Uconn. If not, ND will have a date with UConn in Albany.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Bumps Mississippi State up. So Baylor, Louisville, Mississippi State and Oregon IMO. Notre Dame has a lot of good wins but losing to Miami and North Carolina may hurt big time come selection Sunday.
I'm not sure about that. MSU only has 4 top-50 wins and their best win is Marquette (at home). UConn has 5 top-50 wins and their best win is Notre Dame (on the road). I think the edge goes to UConn, for now.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
In the rankings, I think it drops ND down to 6th below UCONN and Mississippi State, and probably puts UCONN back as a 1 seed. Would be interesting to see what they would do in that situation - if the 1 seeds are Baylor, Oregon, l'ville and UCONN - do they send ND out of Chicago to Albany? Still lots of hoops to be played.

For example, what if ND beats L'ville in the ACC tourney?

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Always good to see ND go down. Looking at the box, it appears that they had their shooting woes that our women have been trying to deal with.

Right now, I'm not really concerned about tourney seed. Would really like to see more consistent play, that we saw last night. They looked like the players we know they are. Just continue to focus and play UConn BBall. The rest will come, regardless of seed.

Reaction Score
Waiting to see what Charlie Creme has to say
Obviously whatever he says cannot even hold for that week. So let's wait till right before NCAA select committee makes the selection and ignore whatever he says till then. Just interested in knowing how much he gets paid ...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Always good to see ND go down. Looking at the box, it appears that they had their shooting woes that our women have been trying to deal with.

Right now, I'm not really concerned about tourney seed. Would really like to see more consistent play, that we saw last night. They looked like the players we know they are. Just continue to focus and play UConn BBall. The rest will come, regardless of seed.

Funny how the discussion turns to seeding. I yearn for the day that a ND loss should be appreciated independently of positioning. It should be enough that Arike and Mabrey had a rough night. :D:D

Reaction Score
Louisville will be the 1 in Chicago as of now but I think ND beats them in the conference tournament. UConn back in drivers seat. SEC very weak & MSU no real challengers.

Reaction Score
NC State was (is) very overrated. They are going to lose 3 or 4 more games.

UConn is going to be in Albany either as a 1 or 2. I don't think that is going to change unless they lose a game in the AAC. A win against South Carolina would almost guarantee the 1 seed.

It's going to be an interesting game on Monday. South Carolina is very quick, but they do foul a lot.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Deb Antonelli is somewhere tonight crying in her Cheerios.
She's on the call in Baton Rouge for Arkansas-LSU. Doesn't sound like she's crying, or maybe she's muted her mic.

But wait, why would she be crying?

Reaction Score
Louisville will be the 1 in Chicago as of now but I think ND beats them in the conference tournament. UConn back in drivers seat. SEC very weak & MSU no real challengers.
MSSU no real challengers = Uconn no challenger...If Louisville beats ND one more time, that will put MSSU/Uconn as overall No. 4/5 seeds (whichever order)/in Albany. Of course, Oregon can lose 1-2 more games potentially and change everyone's fortune except that of Louisville and Baylor.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
If Louisville wins out (of course a big if), they should go to Chicago. ND can’t be in the same bracket, so would need to go elsewhere. Would the NCAA do that?

Reaction Score
MSSU no real challengers = Uconn no challenger...If Louisville beats ND one more time, that will put MSSU/Uconn as overall No. 4/5 seeds whichever order)/in Albany. Of course, Oregon can lose 1-2 more games potentially and change everyone's fortune except that of Louisville and Baylor.
UConn has also played ND, Louisville & Baylor already...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom