Notre Dame Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Refs will decide this game in how they call this, a lot of BS fouls. The calling of BS fouls on both sides favors ND b/c they play more players. UConn dominated with their best 5, until Collier came out. UConn with everyone available is a better team. Bad call on 1st of the 2 Collier fouls, the 2nd foul changed the game.
Refs that call it close early are generally trying to set the tone of play. As the game wears on refs generally lighten up a bit. Sometime, quite a bit. No, I think the difference will either be the ND guard play or The UConn forward play, with Danger as a wild card.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Really crap refs for this kind of game - these are not dirty teams that are going to go overboard so no need to 'assert themselves' the way they did in the first half. Lets hope they take a chill pill with their half time drink.
ND being very physical with Lou on defense. Like our chances for the second half.

Reaction Score
Refs that call it close early are generally trying to set the tone of play. As the game wears on refs generally lighten up a bit. Sometime, quite a bit. No, I think the difference will either be the ND guard play or The UConn forward play, with Danger as a wild card.

That's not the way a ref should call a game. What is a foul should be consistent all game. If it's not, the ref is making a conscious decision to change and influence the game at their whim. The ref is letting KLS get handled on her cuts, while later in the half calling nothing bumps. Refs need to be consistently tight or loose. There's nothing that tics of players and coaches more than inconsistency in how a game is called.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Yes, ND has Great Guards and ND's offense requires that they do. UConn guards are inconsistent and every game you don't know what to expect from them. Kia's offense has improved as of late. Team needs her today and so far she's scored two points. Hopefully better 2nd half, which we have seen this year.

And/or ND has really good guards.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Naphessa is very valuable to our team. Need her to stay in the game. Lou had a lot of good shots including multiple layups but they just rolled out. Gabby is great and her mid range jumper is working. I think it will even out in the 2nd half. Ogunbowale is incredible. The total package. A real bad ass. Reminds me alot of Diana Taurasi. Stop her and we win, No one else on ND can carry the game. By the way. Great game.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Turner had NO fouls in the first? That's hard to believe.

Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield in for Chong after Chong took an elbow to the eye area.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Chong got slammed in the cheek. That made me wince.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom