Notre Dame and the ACC Tournament | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame and the ACC Tournament

On Which Day Will ND Play Its Opening Game in the ACC Tourney?

• Wednesday

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think the very real concern is will ND have 20 losses this year. Given their remaining schedule it will be close.

I shudder to think if our program ever comes close to that type of implosion. When you make a deal with the devil to get a National Title, I guess you can't complain about the price... :rolleyes:
Eh, if they miss the NCAA tournament, does it matter much if they go 11-20 or 12-19?

FWIW I think they'll finish just shy of 20 L's.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I guess I am also not convinced they will be that much better next year either despite the top 5 recruiting class. They only have 1 Junior (Vaughn), 1 Soph (Gilbert) and then 1 Freshman (Brunelle) who are healthy and playing together that can benefit from the chemistry. Hopefully Prohaska (So) and Peoples (Fr) recover and Cosgrove (So) can become reliable. While they have a 6'5" freshman (Marshall) coming in, they still lack a rebounding presence. This will be a young team again and they will be hard pressed to make an NCAAT run. They will be middle of the pack in the ACC next year.

That said, I like 20 a lot more than 19... :rolleyes:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I guess I am also not convinced they will be that much better next year either despite the top 5 recruiting class. They only have 1 Junior (Vaughn), 1 Soph (Gilbert) and then 1 Freshman (Brunelle) who are healthy and playing together that can benefit from the chemistry. Hopefully Prohaska (So) and Peoples (Fr) recover and Cosgrove (So) can become reliable. While they have a 6'5" freshman (Marshall) coming in, they still lack a rebounding presence. This will be a young team again and they will be hard pressed to make an NCAAT run. They will be middle of the pack in the ACC next year.

Point guard will continue to be a problem though Sniezek has set a pretty low bar.

Clark was a very big recruiting miss.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Point guard will continue to be a problem though Sniezek has set a pretty low bar.

Darn, I am soooo upset about that. ;)

Reaction Score

They may not have Marshall next year either. She tore her ACL in January

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

I think they will be a fair amount better. They have lost a good number of close games this year. Even without Marshall (who is raw anyway), I would expect Prohaska and Peoples back, not to mention Vaughn, Brunelle, and Cosgrove. All will be improved- by how much depends on how quickly a few of them come back from injuries.

Believe me - I'd love it if they sunk permanently to the bottom half of the ACC but i just don't see it. I don't think they will be a top 10 team, but I could easily see them in the top 20-25...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Currently in 12th place... have to get to 9th place to avoid Wednesday.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
In looking at the remaining schedule, ND has VPI, Syracuse, UNC, Florida State so I am not thinking they will avoid Wednesday and will hit the illustrious 20 losses as even if they win one of those games they will lose a game in the ACCT.

As far as next years Irish team, they will not have a point guard to handle the ball unless they get another grad transfer. That is a huge issue as ball movement is part of this teams problems. Also remember that the ACC is down this year in general and all these teams should also improve! That’s my story and I am sticking with it! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Welp... its official...... Notre Dame will be playing on Wednesday afternoon vs Pitt. Should be a heckuva matchup

Plebe

Reaction Score
Welp... its official...... Notre Dame will be playing on Wednesday afternoon vs Pitt. Should be a heckuva matchup
I'm shocked and dismayed. I always held out hope and belief that ND would rise up out of the bottom 6.

Muffet-Animated.gif

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
They may not have Marshall next year either. She tore her ACL in January

ACL is usually 9-12 months recovery. First game this year was November 5. Unless she has an unusually long recovery she should be available most or all of the season.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

I believe the expectations is that Walker should be back for another year although I guess the NCAA will have the final say on that.

I don't think any of ND's freshman will be FOY or anything like that but they can only help. Alli Campbell can't help but improve ND's horrid 3-point shooting. Marshall, Westbeld, and Abdur-Rahim can't help but improve ND's rebounding issues.

Obviously PG is the glaring question. I'm not convinced that either Gilbert or Alasia Hayes is an adequate answer.

Anyway, as I've said before, ND was "a year away from being a year away" this year. So next year they will merely a year away! You just wait until the fall of 2021!

If Clark had chosen Iowa a few months earlier, ND would be in much better shape. ND saving a spot for Clark cost them other targets, I think. It wasn't even so much missing as *how* they missed on her.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I believe the expectations is that Walker should be back for another year although I guess the NCAA will have the final say on that.

I don't think any of ND's freshman will be FOY or anything like that but they can only help. Alli Campbell can't help but improve ND's horrid 3-point shooting. Marshall, Westbeld, and Abdur-Rahim can't help but improve ND's rebounding issues.

Obviously PG is the glaring question. I'm not convinced that either Gilbert or Alasia Hayes is an adequate answer.

Anyway, as I've said before, ND was "a year away from being a year away" this year. So next year they will merely a year away! You just wait until the fall of 2021!

If Clark had chosen Iowa a few months earlier, ND would be in much better shape. ND saving a spot for Clark cost them other targets, I think. It wasn't even so much missing as *how* they missed on her.
So you think D Kelly would’ve chosen ND if not for Clark?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
So you think D Kelly would’ve chosen ND if not for Clark?

I do. She seemed really keen on ND for a long time and then everything seemed to go cold all at once. I tend to think ND told her they were full thinking that Clark was a done deal and after that there was no going back.

If had Clark had chosen Iowa during the summer and ND spent all fall going hard for Kelly, I feel quite sure Kelly would have chosen ND.

But I have no inside info; I merely spent an inordinate of time reading her mom's twitter account ;)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@Dillon77 @Orangutan or any other Irish fans...

If any of yall want Me to cheer on ND in person on Wednesday .... I can wear a bright green Under Armour Hoodie...... .... I do except monetary donations ... Im CashApp and PayPal ready :D I also accept food.... so.... deep dish pizza..... a couple of Italian Beef Sandwiches....chicken from Harold's.....

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
@Dillon77 @Orangutan or any other Irish fans...

If any of yall want Me to cheer on ND in person on Wednesday .... I can wear a bright green Under Armour Hoodie...... .... I do except monetary donations ... Im CashApp and PayPal ready :D I also accept food.... so.... deep dish pizza..... a couple of Italian Beef Sandwiches....chicken from Harold's.....

This team needs more help than your cheering can provide so I'll save the cash. But looks me up if you're ever in Chicago - the Portillo's (or Lou Malnati's or Al's Beef, or Harold's Chicken Shack) will be on me!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom