Notre Dame and the ACC Tournament | The Boneyard

Notre Dame and the ACC Tournament

On Which Day Will ND Play Its Opening Game in the ACC Tourney?

• Wednesday

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Seeing the Irish struggles so far got me thinking a bit about the upcoming ACC Tournament. Every year since they joined the conference... they have begun play on either a Friday Afternoon (1 seed) or a Friday Evening (2 seed). This year maybe different. In the ACC... if you finish in the top 4... you start Friday....finish 5th-9th.... you start play Thursday... and if you finish 10th or lower.... Wednesday is the first day of competition.

So which day do you think the Irish will start play this season?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Now this is a nice poll question :)

The loss to Clemson is still ND's only "bad" loss of the season. I'd love to see ND go 0-18, but there are too many mediocre to bad teams in the ACC for ND to finish below 9th.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I am going to hold off on voting for another month or so.
I have come to the realization that no matter what a team looks like in one game, come the next game, they can look the complete opposite, no matter the opponent.
I too would like to see the Golden Domers go winless in conference play but I think the odds are slim that they will. Plus their conference schedule is sort of on the soft side when it comes to the schools that they will be playing twice.
Also, after watching the Clemson Post Game Presser, I think that some of her players can either accept MM's criticism and work their butts off in future games OR just shrug their shoulders and play out the season and then decide what their future holds.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I’m thinking 5-8 (Triad, you might want to change the OP). Love her or hate her, Muffet is a great coach and actually develops players. ND should be getting one player back, and I am hoping two, which would give them some quasi-veteran presence as well as a little depth.

We shall see. I wouldn’t be disappointed, nor shocked, to see them playing on Thursday.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I’m thinking 5-8 (Triad, you might want to change the OP). Love her or hate her, Muffet is a great coach and actually develops players. ND should be getting one player back, and I am hoping two, which would give them some quasi-veteran presence as well as a little depth.

We shall see. I wouldn’t be disappointed, nor shocked, to see them playing on Thursday.

scratch.gif
I'm confused

Reaction Score
The question lies in that the OP says 5-9 play Thursday, this poster was saying that it's 5-8 that play Thursday, not 5-9. (I'm a math nerd, I searched for numbers are first likely confusion.... and yes, like my student.... numbers are evil.)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Oops. :oops: I was counting forward rather than backward taking into account how many teams are in the conference. My bad.
Misunderstanding aside, I nonetheless agree with you that ND will finish no lower than 8th :)

@triaddukefan shouldn't the poll close sometime sooner than Feb. 20? By that time the guess work will be mostly gone.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Misunderstanding aside, I nonetheless agree with you that ND will finish no lower than 8th :)

@triaddukefan shouldn't the poll close sometime sooner than Feb. 20? By that time the guess work will be mostly gone.

I edited it to a semi-random 38 days from now. What do you suggest?

Plebe

Reaction Score
I edited it to a semi-random 38 days from now. What do you suggest?
I don't have such a strong feeling about exactly when. I think as long as it's early enough that people have to actually go out on a limb to predict something... but of course it's your poll and I don't mean to be a busybody about it. :oops:

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I don't have such a strong feeling about exactly when. I think as long as it's early enough that people have to actually go out on a limb to predict something... but of course it's your poll and I don't mean to be a busybody about it. :oops:

Just looked at the schedule.... at the present close of poll.... the Irish would have completed 11 games.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
For visual assistance, this was the seedings and format last year

1577783508613.png

I think seeding ND lower than 9 is too much of a stretch.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Would we thought of Duke in the Same Light a Year or Two ago ? Five Years ago, Duke was one of the Best Women's Programs in the Country. Last year Duke was a #11 Seed in the ACC Conference Tournament.

For visual assistance, this was the seedings and format last year

View attachment 49538

I think seeding ND lower than 9 is too much of a stretch.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wednesday at 1:00 or 6:30 is looking pretty much like a toss up between Clemson, Duke and ND. :rolleyes: I think Pitt owns the 3:30 slot...

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Put a fork in it, ND will be playing on Wednesday. The most games they will win of the remaining 12 is 4, and that's being generous. They have to be in 9th place to make it to Thursday and I don't see them finishing better than 10th. No NCAA Tournament for ND this year.:rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Put a fork in it, ND will be playing on Wednesday. The most games they will win of the remaining 12 is 4, and that's being generous. They have to be in 9th place to make it to Thursday and I don't see them finishing better than 10th. No NCAA Tournament for ND this year.:rolleyes:
If all else fails, Muffet will just apply for a waiver to not have to play Wednesday.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I think the very real concern is will ND have 20 losses this year. Given their remaining schedule it will be close.

I shudder to think if our program ever comes close to that type of implosion. When you make a deal with the devil to get a National Title, I guess you can't complain about the price... :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think the very real concern is will ND have 20 losses this year. Given their remaining schedule it will be close.

Currently 8-14

Remaining schedule. 8 games... @Wake, Pitt, @Boston College, @ Louisville, VPI, Syracuse, UNC.cheat, @ Florida State.

Plebe

Reaction Score

I shudder to think if our program ever comes close to that type of implosion. When you make a deal with the devil to get a National Title, I guess you can't complain about the price... :rolleyes:
A price they have only begun to pay. And I'm here for every second of it.

Colbert popcorn.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom