Notre Dame 2021-2022 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

You deserve it. Take that stroll to one your fave restaurants and enjoy. Have an extra desert on us. Devils Cake with mint chocolate ice cream? :D ;)

In the meantime, I'll try to find a polite way of telling Niele Ivey that making your offense go to/through Maya Dodson may result in lot of shot attempts and points, but also a bunch of turnovers and relegates your best player (that would be Maddy Westbeld) to a spectator. :confused:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
You deserve it. Take that stroll to one your fave restaurants and enjoy. Have an extra desert on us. Devils Cake with mint chocolate ice cream? :D ;)

In the meantime, I'll try to find a polite way of telling Niele Ivey that making your offense go to/through Maya Dodson may result in lot of shot attempts and points, but also a bunch of turnovers and relegates your best player (that would be Maddy Westbeld) to a spectator. :confused:
I am sure you have seen alot more of her but Westbeld does not look like she did last year. Not in the UConn game and not this game. I believe she had the last possession shot in today's game and short armed it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Was gonna have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner... but man... some devils food cake and mint chocolate ice cream does sound tasty.

I'll leave the celebrating to Coach Cunningham...... I know she must feel extra special after this win. :p Have no idea if there were any hard feelings on her part for being let go... but we are certainly glad to have her on our side.

Reaction Score
It was a good game to watch today. The rematch will be interesting. Looking forward to seeing how each team adjusts.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It was a good game to watch today. The rematch will be interesting. Looking forward to seeing how each team adjusts.

If there is to be a rematch, it would have to be in either the ACC tournament or the NCAA tournament. ND and Duke are in separate pods, so only one regular season matchup. Happy belated Boxing Day to you.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I am sure you have seen alot more of her but Westbeld does not look like she did last year. Not in the UConn game and not this game. I believe she had the last possession shot in today's game and short armed it.

Last year's squad revolved around Maddy Westbeld and Dara Mabrey. It almost had to because of injuries (most notably to Sam Brunelle). This year's team is increasingly about Olivia Miles controlling the ball.

In the UConn game, I felt Geno set up a game plan to limit Westbeld's touches and, in effect, see if the rest of the Irish could beat them. Obviously, they couldn't. Yesterday was an extension of the DePaul game: whoever drew up the game plan thought ND had an advantage down low with Dodson against Dukes bigs. So they pounded it down there, time and time again. My thought was that it worked to a degree, but Dodson isnt' a good distributor (at least, not yet) and led to a lot of double downs.

Westbeld, by contrast, knows when to make her move, take her shot and -- importantly -- keep it moving.
She's fine physically, but I worry a bit about her becoming a secondary option.

As for the shot, I though she caught rim. Dodson short-armed the last shot. Citron did a great job of getting an o-rebound on one Irish miss. Would like her to be selfish and put that back up herself.

Would like to see if Irish mix up their approach if and when these two play again.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Was gonna have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner... but man... some devils food cake and mint chocolate ice cream does sound tasty.

I'll leave the celebrating to Coach Cunningham...... I know she must feel extra special after this win. :p Have no idea if there were any hard feelings on her part for being let go... but we are certainly glad to have her on our side.

Any new coach is entitled to choose her own staff, which Coach Ivey (obviously) did. There's a lot of chatter about the way in which it transpired and, quite candidly, most of it wasn't good. Hopefully, Coach Ivey has learned and Coach Cunningham has moved on. Reports indicate she and her family are very happy in the Durham area. Good for her...class act. I wish her the best and think that whenever she's open to being a HC again, she'd be a legit and bona fide candidate.

Reaction Score
If there is to be a rematch, it would have to be in either the ACC tournament or the NCAA tournament. ND and Duke are in separate pods, so only one regular season matchup. Happy belated Boxing Day to you.
Darn. I still have to get a handle on how conferences schedule games. I assumed a home and home scenario was in play.

And thanks for the belated Boxing Day. I avoided the crazy sales and my bank account appreciates it. :D:D

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Darn. I still have to get a handle on how conferences schedule games. I assumed a home and home scenario was in play.

And thanks for the belated Boxing Day. I avoided the crazy sales and my bank account appreciates it. :D:D

Well in the ACC... since there are 15 teams... they went to a pod system... maybe last year they started it. One pod is Louisville, BC, Syracuse, ND, and Pitt. Duke, State, UVA, VPI, and that other school make up another pod. The final pod is Wake, Clemson, Ga Tech, FSU, and Miami. 18 conference games... Of course you play your fellow pod mates in a home and home. I feel bad for Wake.. its actually unfair.. their fellow Tobacco road friends get each other home and home... while they get home and homes with FSU, Ga Tech, Clemson, and Miami. Definitely not games that are appealing to the Wake fans... all 7 of them.

I was looking into maybe ordering something online... and voila... they are running a Extended Boxing Day Sale.... 45% percent off. Long Live Canada.

Reaction Score
Well in the ACC... since there are 15 teams... they went to a pod system... maybe last year they started it. One pod is Louisville, BC, Syracuse, ND, and Pitt. Duke, State, UVA, VPI, and that other school make up another pod. The final pod is Wake, Clemson, Ga Tech, FSU, and Miami. 18 conference games... Of course you play your fellow pod mates in a home and home. I feel bad for Wake.. its actually unfair.. their fellow Tobacco road friends get each other home and home... while they get home and homes with FSU, Ga Tech, Clemson, and Miami. Definitely not games that are appealing to the Wake fans... all 7 of them.

I was looking into maybe ordering something online... and voila... they are running a Extended Boxing Day Sale.... 45% percent off. Long Live Canada.
Well done my friend. The sale discounts, plus the dollar exchange should save you a fair bit of change.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well done my friend. The sale discounts, plus the dollar exchange should save you a fair bit of change.

Actually it is an American company...... they probably didn't want to make the Canadians feel left out... :D

Reaction Score
Actually it is an American company...... they probably didn't want to make the Canadians feel left out... :D
It's only fair. Canada has picked up the Black Friday tradition after US Thanksgiving. :D

Dillon77

Reaction Score
ND Game vs NC State postponed due to issues within the ND program.
Darn (actually stronger than that....)

Dillon77

Reaction Score
ND finally back on the court (knock on wood) after nearly a two-week hiatus.
And they're back in North Carolina, playing the Demon Deacons at 7 p.m. on ACC network extra.

Abby Prohaska still out on concussion protocol (from the DePaul game prior to Christmas) and Kaitlyn Gilbert allegedly out, as well. So, Irish will have 8 scholarship players tonight.

Reaction Score
ND finally back on the court (knock on wood) after nearly a two-week hiatus.
And they're back in North Carolina, playing the Demon Deacons at 7 p.m. on ACC network extra.

Abby Prohaska still out on concussion protocol (from the DePaul game prior to Christmas) and Kaitlyn Gilbert allegedly out, as well. So, Irish will have 8 scholarship players tonight.

Welcome to our world. Good luck.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
VTech beats Duke 76-65 but without Celeste Taylor and Lexi Gordon. Did not see why they were out?

Dillon77

Reaction Score
VTech beats Duke 76-65 but without Celeste Taylor and Lexi Gordon. Did not see why they were out?

Celeste Taylor (injury) and Lexi Gordon (COVID-19 health and safety protocols)....heard it on the ACC roundup last night.

Reaction Score
Man, I really love watching Olivia Miles play. She is improving more and more every game. I wish ND had a little bit more depth, so maybe the players would be more rested for the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
I would like this because it's objectively correct, but I wanted to watch her improve more and more every game in a Stanford uniform, so alas... ;)
You guys could have really used her... that's a fun idea to think about if you're a Stanford fan. I'm glad she's Irish! I imagine if Muffett didn't retire, you guys would have had Citron. I'm glad she's Irish as well, although she is in a slump.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
KRISTINA "KOKO" NELSON JOINS SHEA RALPH'S VANDY STAFF AS DIRECTOR OF RECRUITING

Tip of the hat to RISteve over at the Bench for this one, but Koko Nelson, the first (and often, the only) person off the bench for ND's National Championship squad has joined Shea Ralph's Vanderbilt WBB team as Director of Recruiting. She had been assisting Clark Lea's football team in recruiting.

Koko was viewed as a selfless teammate on that team, often referred to as the "mom" of the bunch. Worked tirelessly to improve her game. Good for her. Best of luck to Shea, Koko and Vandy.

Here's the full story:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01