Not Surprising ESPN Agrees with Brittney's Tweet | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Not Surprising ESPN Agrees with Brittney's Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
a_taurasi_vt.jpg

[/quote]

That was to all the doubter after winning the national championship for the third time in a row. BIG difference!!!!

This picture was, likely, from 2003 when UConn won their second in a row. UConn was the visiting team in blue when they won their third straight.

BTW: That sequence of keep away at the end of that national championship game in 2003, starting with Ashley Battle's steal, is my all time favorite.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It is the beginning of the end of days! Why do we buy in to this ridiculous stuff?? Does it have anything at all to do with basketball other than the chapter having to do with oddities?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
a_taurasi_vt.jpg

Diana was the most flamboyant player ever in women's college hoops and we loved it. People should consider whether they don't like a player's actions due to the player's team (Baylor, ND in particular) or the action itself.
I don't recall Diana sticking out her tongue and shaking her head after hitting a shot up 40.

I believe your picture was after winning a championship.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
That was to all the doubter after winning the national championship for the third time in a row. BIG difference!!!!
No, it's not. It's an in-your-face jersey pop. I don't care one way or another same way I don't care what Griner (note the adult spelling of the name) does.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don't recall Diana sticking out her tongue and shaking her head after hitting a shot up 40.

I believe your picture was after winning a championship.
So, if Griner or Diggins "punched something [blue]" while playing UConn, everyone here would be cool with that?

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Remember that Duke game when Diana did the call me maybe sign to the crowd. Those were the pre-tweet days, of course, but she was thinking about media...different of course from actually doing it. Don't like it; don't like lots of stuff. World is going to hell in a handbasket.

;)

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
The NFL and NBA have banned it. Apparently Kim Mulkey hasn't.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Actually, to the kids it is "representing" as in representing their school.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
So, if Griner or Diggins "punched something blue]" while playing UConn, everyone here would be cool with that?
I would be.

Diggins has made gestures before on Uconn's court.

But that is nothing like doing it against an overmatched opponent when you are up 40.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
gee whiz... * happens, get use to it or go bury yourself under a rock!

people keep talking about what happened in the 60's, 70's and 80's... those days are long gone.

stick around long enouh there will be many things that do not get your approval.

BTW UConn's current players do post... "lets kick some a**" before games

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

people keep talking about what happened in the 60's, 70's and 80's... those days are long gone.

stick around long enouh there will be many things that do not get your approval.

Wow....who are you talking to? Everyone?

It would help if you would quote the person you are telling to bury themselves under a rock.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
every coach doesn't model CD's Book of etiquette to the letter but it would be nice to get a response from Mulkey about it

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Wow....who are you talking to? Everyone?

It would help if you would quote the person you are telling to bury themselves under a rock.
whoever has a problem with her tweet

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Mulkey handles discipline internally, like most coaches. Chances are you will never hear her speak of it.

Reaction Score

Given that the Griner issue is whether it's appropriate to tweet DURING a game, I fail to see how things that occur before (or after) the game are relevant here.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
good point, just saying "our girls" arent angels

Vowel I do have a problem with BG doing it BUT I understand...

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure why anyone other than Mulkey gives a rat's ass. She should be the only one who cares, IMO. And quite frankly, the only person whose opinion matters.

Reaction Score

Just out of curiosity where have you seen UCONN players post "lets kick some a!!"

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
whoever has a problem with her tweet
Well, too bad DC. It was obnoxious and out of line. And Mulkey should be embarrassed that she let that happen.

No rock for me. No room. It's filled with all the excuses you make for players you like.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
In my case it's definitely the act of tweeting during a game that bothers me. I feel like you owe the game a certain level of respect. I would have a problem with anyone tweeting, checking their email, reading a book, etc during a game.

That said, I chalk it up more to poor decision making by a kid (as they are known to do) than any major character flaw.

This is the point I made yesterday in the other thread. As mentioned, some professional leagues have banned in-game tweeting by players. A freshman football player at UMass tweeted during halftime last year and it garnered national attention. He later apologized.

It's not a larger than life issue but it's also not okay to do. I don't think Griner meant any disrespect; it's more a sign of some immaturity. I fully expect Mulkey will address it if she hasn't already.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity where have you seen UCONN players post "lets kick some a!!"
online... but I refuse to put that player on blast. yeah they are online during the season

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Well, too bad DC. It was obnoxious and out of line. And Mulkey should be embarrassed that she let that happen.

No rock for me. No room. It's filled with all the excuses you make for players you like.
out of line? the nerve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer