Not Surprising ESPN Agrees with Brittney's Tweet | The Boneyard

Not Surprising ESPN Agrees with Brittney's Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
ESPNW - Link

I wonder if she would have the same feeling if it was a UConn player that sent the tweet.

Reaction Score
Just another in a series of disrespectful acts by Griner. I am just hoping that the "Basketball Gods" give her the pay back that she so deserves in a NCAA title game loss.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
It isn't / wasn't disrespectful.

It was wrong and rediculous to be allowed to tweet in a locker room during the game. That's my take.

I have no problem with what she said.

Incidently, the poll on ESPN indicates most votes (so far) for not allowing tweeting during games. Connecticut (and I) would like to see college athletes not on twitter at all.

Reaction Score
Let them tweet during the game. I don't mean at half time, I mean during the game. Typing while dribbling, now that's a skill. Tweet a comment after a bad call. A way to get your frustrations out without getting a technical. Only the fans will know. The tweets would pop-up on screen during the game. In fact, make tweeting during the game mandatory. Give the players a voice!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
OMG, I actually agreed with Foudy. :eek: A first for everything.

Reaction Score
Let them tweet during the game. I don't mean at half time, I mean during the game. Typing while dribbling, now that's a skill. Tweet a comment after a bad call. A way to get your frustrations out without getting a technical. Only the fans will know. The tweets would pop-up on screen during the game. In fact, make tweeting during the game mandatory. Give the players a voice!!

Genius. The WNBA needs to hire you, stat.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
Just another in a series of disrespectful acts by Griner. I am just hoping that the "Basketball Gods" give her the pay back that she so deserves in a NCAA title game loss.

Why in the NCAA title game? Why not in the semi's? ;)

Reaction Score
Why Kim Mulkey would allow it is the question.

Doesn't the team need their "heads in the game"?

Reaction Score
Mountain meet molehill. Ordinarily, there would be hell to pay if one of Mulkey's players tweeted during a game.

But,
polite, fun-loving and respectful kid,
best player in program history,
playing in her final home game,
up by 31 at the half,
tweeting she'd like to get two more dunks for the best home crowd ever . . .
she'll get a pass.

Reaction Score
LOL!!! If it had been a UConn player drawing attention to the game (a la Taurasi) Boneyarders would have been celebrating her and defending her against bitter, small minded attackers. :)

A UCONN player would never have done this. They are not even allowed to use any social media during the season.

Reaction Score

It was wrong and rediculous to be allowed to tweet in a locker room during the game. That's my take.

Incidently, the poll on ESPN indicates most votes (so far) for not allowing tweeting during games. Connecticut (and I) would like to see college athletes not on twitter at all.

If you think that it is not disrespectful for a player to think so little of another team that she is worried more about dunking than winning the game then your out of your mind.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If you think that it is not disrespectful for a player to think so little of another team that she is worried more about dunking than winning the game then your out of your mind.

Yes, because most players are worried about winning the game when they are up by 30.

I don't like the tweeting at halftime but I don't find it disrespectful to the opponent. Speaking of disrespectful, how about a grown woman who refuses to shake hands after a game just because she got the crap kicked out of her. We are now a nation of whiners.

It will be interesting to see who the hatred is directed toward once Griner and Diggins graduate.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Why in the NCAA title game? Why not in the semi's? ;)

Sims' presence notwithstanding, at least the Cardinal can say they hung a loss on the L Bears. So there is at least a mathematical chance :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

I was flabbergasted that she was tweeting during the game.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I don't see any particular issue with her putting on a show in her final home game with a former POTUS in attendance. I will happily acknowledge that her place in WCBB history is near, if not at, the very top.

I will say that she has had some moments that are not becoming a player of her figurative stature, and tweeting in the middle of a game is one of them. And I hardly see any of my statements as contradictory.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Why Kim Mulkey would allow it is the question.

Doesn't the team need their "heads in the game"?

Maybe Kim took the 31 point halftime lead as a good indicator that their heads were in the game.

Maybe BG sent the tweet while sitting on the toilet and had time to think about what she wanted to accomplish in the second half.

Reaction Score
To me, this is the kind of chest pounding, "look how great I am" crowd gesturing that I never liked in the men's game. Sure it's to a twitter crowd instead of a live one but it certainly doesn't add to a players reputation for sportsmanship. For heaven's sake play the game, don't twiddle around with that nonsense. And yes, I would feel the same way if it were a Uconn player but fortunately our coaches have done away with that possibility.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't see any particular issue with her putting on a show in her final home game with a former POTUS in attendance. I will happily acknowledge that her place in WCBB history is near, if not at, the very top.

I will say that she has had some moments that are not becoming a player of her figurative stature, and tweeting in the middle of a game is one of them. And I hardly see any of my statements as contradictory.

But has she ever done some spectacular stuff on the court! And look at the press that she has garnered for the women's game. And I say for all the physical and verbal abuse she has taken over the years, let her have a good time in her last few games...she deserves it. There is probably not one person on this board who would have wanted to walk in her shoes over the past 4 years. I know that I would not have.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
To me, this is the kind of chest pounding, "look how great I am" crowd gesturing that I never liked in the men's game. Sure it's to a twitter crowd instead of a live one but it certainly doesn't add to a players reputation for sportsmanship. For heaven's sake play the game, don't twiddle around with that nonsense. And yes, I would feel the same way if it were a Uconn player but fortunately our coaches have done away with that possibility.

a_taurasi_vt.jpg

Diana was the most flamboyant player ever in women's college hoops and we loved it. People should consider whether they don't like a player's actions due to the player's team (Baylor, ND in particular) or the action itself.

Reaction Score
People should consider whether they don't like a player's actions due to the player's team (Baylor, ND in particular) or the action itself.

In my case it's definitely the act of tweeting during a game that bothers me. I feel like you owe the game a certain level of respect. I would have a problem with anyone tweeting, checking their email, reading a book, etc during a game.

That said, I chalk it up more to poor decision making by a kid (as they are known to do) than any major character flaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom