not looking good for xrm.. :-) | The Boneyard

not looking good for xrm.. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UCONNfan1

I hope it's FSU. I got tired of reading about the Illini fans talking like it was a lock. A big "F-U" to them...

Reaction Score
I ran through that article and think we have less than zero chance and agree with Fishy that this ship sailed a long time ago.....he liked KO too much to take him off the list is all!!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I ran through that article and think we have less than zero chance and agree with Fishy that this ship sailed a long time ago.....he liked KO too much to take him off the list is all!!

When looking at the statistics we have a 33.33% chance. Who knows, maybe he comes. But I'll tell you this: I'd rather have a fully developed Omar Calhoun for 3-4 years than XRM who will most likely go pro after 1-2 years.

C

Chief00

This 7 month contract is not a recipe for recruiting success. Why that is somehow a surprise to some is puzzling.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
This 7 month contract is not a recipe for recruiting success. Why that is somehow a surprise to some is puzzling.

I've been preaching that for a while now. Nobody likes to think outside of the box.

Reaction Score

Most of us agree with you but it's not likely to change. It is what it is so why dwell on it

Reaction Score
There is a 1/3 probability XRM picks UConn assuming there there are not any other factors in play...which we all know there are and we do not know necessarily how important they are to XRM. I don't think he picks UConn (I hope he does), but I'm not worried about it. The program will certainly survive either way.

Looking forward to getting the season started.

Reaction Score
When looking at the statistics we have a 33.33% chance. Who knows, maybe he comes. But I'll tell you this: I'd rather have a fully developed Omar Calhoun for 3-4 years than XRM who will most likely go pro after 1-2 years.

XRM and Omar have a similar ranking and they play the same position. I have no idea how you can say that one is a 3-4 year player and the other is a 1-2 year player.

Reaction Score
XRM and Omar have a similar ranking and they play the same position. I have no idea how you can say that one is a 3-4 year player and the other is a 1-2 year player.

I would love XRM, but we are also solid at the guard spot moving forward w Boat, Bazz, Omar, and Samuel (assuming they all stay). If XRM commits elsewhere and I'll wait before we officially lose out. We need help up front and maybe on the wing. Other than that there are a lot of good pieces for the next couple years.

Reaction Score

I would love to know how you came to the conclusion that XRM will be a pro before OC(if either of them get there), OC is a better prospect from the SG position imo because he's quicker and he's more athletic, and while it seems OC's listed height varies from report to report, just by looking at video he looks taller and longer than XRM.

Reaction Score

Your post is all I need to know to judge how much (aka little) you know about basketball. I know this doesn't matter to you, but at least I know now what posts I can skip reading. Thank you for saving me time.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Your post is all I need to know to judge how much (aka little) you know about basketball. I know this doesn't matter to you, but at least I know now what posts I can skip reading. Thank you for saving me time.

You sir, are so right. And I guess you can tell me Cory Joseph is better than Ryan Boatright or Kemba Walker?

Reaction Score
You sir, are so right. And I guess you can tell me Cory Joseph is better than Ryan Boatright or Kemba Walker?

Your just making this worse for you.

Omar is much closer as a player to Boatright and Kemba then he is to Corey Joseph (bc of athletic ability and ability to penetrate), while XRM is closer to Corey Joseph (both have a good shot and good crossover but are not very athletic). I would take Boatright and Kemba over Joseph any day. Just like I would take Omar over XRM any day. Don't just solely look at the rankings. Omar is more athletic, taller, and stronger playing the same position, XRM is at this point prob a better shooter but Omar can work on his shot, XRM can't work on his height or natural athletic ability, 2 very important attributes for basketball players who have any chance of playing in the pros. Omar definitely has the edge in terms of making it to the NBA over XRM, and to say XRM would go pro after a year or two is just...not smart.

And yes Joseph got drafted, but he spent most of his time in the D-League and I just don't see that changing, Kemba on the other hand started in the NBA, I also see Boatright making it to the league but I hope he stays for his junior year to give himself the best chance to actually play in the NBA.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Your just making this worse for you.

Omar is much closer as a player to Boatright and Kemba then he is to Corey Joseph (bc of athletic ability and ability to penetrate), while XRM is closer to Corey Joseph (both have a good shot and good crossover but are not very athletic). I would take Boatright and Kemba over Joseph any day. Just like I would take Omar over XRM any day. Don't just solely look at the rankings. Omar is more athletic, taller, and stronger playing the same position, XRM is at this point prob a better shooter but Omar can work on his shot, XRM can't work on his height or natural athletic ability, 2 very important attributes for basketball players who have any chance of playing in the pros. Omar definitely has the edge in terms of making it to the NBA over XRM, and to say XRM would go pro after a year or two is just...not smart.

And yes Joseph got drafted, but he spent most of his time in the D-League and I just don't see that changing, Kemba on the other hand started in the NBA, I also see Boatright making it to the league but I hope he stays for his junior year to give himself the best chance to actually play in the NBA.

Whatever man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69