Not Fouling at the End of Temple | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Not Fouling at the End of Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Actually, Hobbs and Giscombe were sophomores when Corny was a senior. Perno didn't play Vern enough. Then again, Dom's last recruiting class was probably his second best, and he didn't play those guys (Cliff and Phil) either.

That's right, neither of them played enough. Perno never played Vern enough.

Reaction Score
You wrote, "The 81 team went 20-9, they played Ewing during his freshman year in 1981." How you can say you didn't name a year, well that's just a gift. And the way you move goalposts, effortless.

Initially, man. I didn't name a year initially when I talked about the Hobbs-Corny team being a top ACC caliber type team in current terms. You're the one who picked a year. Sheesh.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="mauconnfan, post: 1533721, member: 489" I mean Bobby Dulin was ok at best and he was their PG with help from Clay Johnson and Disco Sullivan.[/QUOTE]
Disco Sullivan! I forgot.

JC would have gotten a lot more out of that team. It was good!
My memory was that Corny came on like gangbusters as an underclassman then stalled.
Not sure that was fair to Corny

Reaction Score
We are 1 and 8 dating back to last year in games decided by 3 or less points, with our only win coming off Boats 3 in the AAC tournament. That's how you miss the NCAA's in back to back years. I really hope we start to spend a lot of practice time working on end of game scenarios, because I guarantee we will be in a tied game on the road against one of these crap teams like Houston or ECU. Just can't afford to lose to those bums EVER. Need to start playing more clutch and obviously better coaching and game management would be a start.

There is little correlation between your record in close games to date and your record in close games going forward. There is too much variability and randomness in basketball to consistently win those types of games through coaching, etc. You can try to optimize late game strategy, but a team's "clutchness" or "heart" or proper strategy is so heavily outweighed in actual results by shooting luck, reffing decisions, and even simple things like ball bounces. Using the foul to give helps UConn's overall chances minimally after subtracting for the risks.

This is a non-story.

Reaction Score
There is little correlation between your record in close games to date and your record in close games going forward. There is too much variability and randomness in basketball to consistently win those types of games through coaching, etc. You can try to optimize late game strategy, but a team's "clutchness" or "heart" or proper strategy is so heavily outweighed in actual results by shooting luck, reffing decisions, and even simple things like ball bounces. Using the foul to give helps UConn's overall chances minimally after subtracting for the risks.

This is a non-story.
Cute.... But I disagree. And by not using the foul we know how that turned out.

Reaction Score
Cute.... But I disagree. And by not using the foul we know how that turned out.

the-good-thing-about-science-via-ring-of-fire-radio.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky