Not a lot of buzz here after today's big win | The Boneyard

Not a lot of buzz here after today's big win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Uconn football is getting hard to watch for people like us, guess what the rest of the country is thinking.

If even we - us here - are beginning to take greater interest in WVU, Clemson, BC, Cincinnati, USF, FSU, it means that Uconn football is on a collision course with the end of the world as we know it.

I think Whaler is exactly right. We need to hope and pray that this regime comes to an end this December after the last game. I don't see how we get bowl eligible unless Deleone has a disabling illness and has to leave the team. I don't hope that on him or anyone, but I don't think he will just quit at this point, and I don't think the play calling will improve come Big East play. I know some here subscribe to the notion that we are holding back the playbook so that we can surprise Rutgers, etc., but that's silly. We are facked bad.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Re thread topic I was thinking the same thing. Almost no chatter.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If Uconn football is getting hard to watch for people like us, guess what the rest of the country is thinking.

If even we - us here - are beginning to take greater interest in WVU, Clemson, BC, Cincinnati, USF, FSU, it means that Uconn football is on a collision course with the end of the world as we know it.

I think Whaler is exactly right. We need to hope and pray that this regime comes to an end this December after the last game. I don't see how we get bowl eligible unless Deleone has a disabling illness and has to leave the team. I don't hope that on him or anyone, but I don't think he will just quit at this point, and I don't think the play calling will improve come Big East play. I know some here subscribe to the notion that we are holding back the playbook so that we can surprise Rutgers, etc., but that's silly. We are facked bad.

I've wanted this coaching staff gone since the day after they were hired. Would gladly be wrong - would love to see them run off 5 or 6 wins in balance of season but seems impossible.

If they wait 3 or 4 years to correct this mistake the next coach will need to be from New Orleans because they will need spells to raise the program from the dead.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Were boring and very predictable,now the up hill battle begins and it's gonna be a long next Saturday.

Reaction Score

We may be "facked" but what can "we" do about it at this point in time? Nothing by pissing and moaning here... and whether he has insight, is psychotic or just trolls boards and post what he sees - we surely aren't helping ourselves with crapping on ourselves everyday here.

MHver3@MHver3
That school is Rutgers. Louisville needs to improve academic criteria.

MHver3@MHver3
In regards to the outline of things the B12 is looking for in future members: only one BE school currently meets all the major criteria.

Reaction Score
If Pasqualoni isn't canned after this season, Warde Manuel should be canned.

In normal circumstances PP would probably be given a few more years. But with realignment and poor attendance I believe the University will feel they need to act swiftly.

Reaction Score
We haven't even started Big East play yet. I think we are really overreacting with the predicting of no more wins this season. Every game played this year has been close, and I anticipate most of the future games will be close as well.

Drama-Queens-R-Contagious.jpg

Reaction Score
We may be "facked" but what can "we" do about it at this point in time? Nothing by pissing and moaning here... and whether he has insight, is psychotic or just trolls boards and post what he sees - we surely aren't helping ourselves with crapping on ourselves everyday here.

MHver3@MHver3
That school is Rutgers. Louisville needs to improve academic criteria.

MHver3@MHver3
In regards to the outline of things the B12 is looking for in future members: only one BE school currently meets all the major criteria.

What exactly is your point? That it does no good to complain? Then why are you constantly complaining about everyone else complaining? If complaining does no good, then why are you complaining?
Is your point that MHver3, whoever that is, will become upset with us if we crap on our team on the Boneyard?
Or is it that you are worried that B12, or B10 officials are reading the Boneyard and seeing what poor fans we are?
Because if that's what you're worried about, you should just stop. No one is going to think Uconn football is good, or bad, based on anything we say here. All they have to do is watch the game, and they will reach the appropriate conclusion all on their own. So, don't worry so much what people are posting on the Boneyard.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah a league that invited West Virginia is worried about a school's academics.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Lots and time and some dough go into the season,hell ya we got the right to bitch WERE THE CUSTOMERS! And the product tastes like right now.

Reaction Score
What exactly is your point? That it does no good to complain? Then why are you constantly complaining about everyone else complaining? If complaining does no good, then why are you complaining?
Is your point that MHver3, whoever that is, will become upset with us if we crap on our team on the Boneyard?
Or is it that you are worried that B12, or B10 officials are reading the Boneyard and seeing what poor fans we are?
Because if that's what you're worried about, you should just stop. No one is going to think Uconn football is good, or bad, based on anything we say here. All they have to do is watch the game, and they will reach the appropriate conclusion all on their own. So, don't worry so much what people are posting on the Boneyard.

I don't care where UConn ends up as far as a confernece because i can't control it. i spend my money as all you do on tickets, apparrel, tailgate supplies, etc... I travel to away games and bowls. I share info that i see because some people don't invest as much time into visting other boards/media than this one.

It just gets old to have every thread degenerate the same way. Quality back and forth based on facts is great... The hyperbole is over the top, especially from all the new found posters.

UConn Alliance - bitch away. It's your god given right. I will learn to ignore it over time. I hope you let you discontent known to the folks up in the Athletic Department as well.

Reaction Score
If we get popped at Rutgers wait to see the lack of buzz for the homecoming game with Temple.

This is starting to slide downhill. Hopefully weare overreacting.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I doubt we're the first fan base to overreact. I have a feeling that if someone were to peek at the Arkansas message board it would be nuclear on there. While I am worried and upset and part of the complaining, we need to realize that it's just fans complaining. Everyone here can complain until the cows come home but we're all still supporting the program and will continue to do so. We'll all be armchair coaches and so forth but in the end, we support our university and that's all that matters. If it bothers people that fans complain or bitch and moan then maybe coming to a message board isn't the place for you.....

Reaction Score
We haven't even started Big East play yet. I think we are really overreacting with the predicting of no more wins this season. Every game played this year has been close, and I anticipate most of the future games will be close as well.

you are correct, but i have not seen anything in the games that have been played to date that tells me this will be a good season

1. lack of creativity on offense (worse lake of productivity)
2. no running game (this will be needed in big east play)
3. no vertical passing game
4. QB has a difficult genning to his second read
5.defense (after loss where they were openly upset about) did not tackle well today against a poor team

Reaction Score
I want the administration to make a ballsy move. I'm sick and tired of this boring Randy Edsall/Paul Pasqualoni . You can play the way they do if you're Nick Saban at Alabama and you're racking up #1 classes. You can't do that when you're stockpiling 2 stars.

You need to be bold. I wouldn't mind if the coach leaves after three years, that means he was good enough to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom