Northwestern Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Northwestern Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
You will have games where the 3 pt ball won’t fall even in the tournament. We hit let’s say 2 3s in each half we’re looking at a 26-30 pt win, other rarities were Newton missing a front end of a 1 and 1, Karaban missing a ft and Diarra missing 2, Clingan hit all of his fts btw and so did Castle so seeing improvement there. Clingan did get a long rest in this game because he could and we still put our walk ons in up 16 with like would’ve if we were up 25.

Reaction Score
The only one that is a concern is Karaban. His shooting slump has been prolonged.
Keep shooting Alex. That is the only way to get out of a slump. It happens. They are human.

Reaction Score
Castle had by far the best 1 on 1 perimeter defense performance I’ve ever watched. Boo Buie is 4 years older, a superstar P5 scorer, and Steph gave him nightmares all game long. Diarra did great too
Agreed! Except Boo Buie is 5 (!) years older than Castle. 24 vs 19.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is a 30 point win if we even only shoot slightly below average .

Y'all need to chill in the chat about stall ball. We missed some shots but executed pretty well. It is supposed to be ugly.
We stopped running offense for a long stretch. Made a lot of circus layups, but I wasn’t real happy with the execution in the 2nd half. Shooting was terrible but stopped trying to run our usual stuff, which is more concerning. Props to Northwestern, knew they wouldn’t stay cold.

Reaction Score
The second half was completely irrelevant. The game was over 5 minutes into the second half and Hurley put UConn in cruise control.

Northwestern really sucked, and it was a travesty that they got a bid with two key players injured while other more deserving teams stayed home.
Quite a hot take here about NU. Who would you have in over them?

Reaction Score
Especially in the tournament. There are at least “style points” in some of the regular season metrics. It’s all meaningless now. Win or lose. Those are the two outcomes.

I understand that a win is a win at this point, but you need to have every edge that you can get to win it all...

We've shown upcoming better teams twice now that we're capable of letting our foot off the gas with a lead in the 2nd half. And also that we can go dead-arse ice cold for long stretches.

That's hope for a team that may be desperately trying to come back from a big deficit. We want teams to be deflated and hopeless when we stretch the lead to 15-20 pts.

Nitpicky rant, but need to strive for 40min of perfection. Tough to get it, but need to try!

Reaction Score
There were a couple of things I did see in that second half of the second half. They really didn't attack the basket with the same aggressiveness, second some of the 3's taken were rushed out of rhythm of the offense type of shots(like they were looking for the kill shot 3) third just some sloppy uncharacteristic play. Cams attempted cross court pass up 25, tristans attempted lob to Diarra instead of a hard pass.

One thing that didn't let up was the defense on Bouie they let the other northwestern player get theirs but not Bouie.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
The story of the Newton post game towel continues. Tonight after the game Steph came over and signed the towel and the Danny came over to sign the towel as well.

I am not certain but there could be power in the positive posts. What are the chances Hurley picks my son out of the 50 kids that were asking, he chooses my son and one other. I just feel compelled to thank the BY.

Other than that as a dad who hears his 15yr old son say best trip ever I am beyond words.

Towel pic below:

image.jpg

Reaction Score
All around great game by DC including 4 for 4 on free throws.

Nice reference to John Gwynn by Grant Hill when talking about Diarra.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I love the comparisons between Stephon Castle and Ricky Moore. No one worked harder than Ricky. The thing with Stephon is, it makes it look effortless, because it is.
I hear you but Castle is kind of like Ricky Moore in Kevin Freeman's body.

Reaction Score
I love the comparisons between Stephon Castle and Ricky Moore. No one worked harder than Ricky. The thing with Stephon is, he makes it look effortless, because it almost is.

Reaction Score
When you are up such a big number it is hard as your rhythm on offense gets upset.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom