Northwestern Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Northwestern Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Clingan trying to be the number 1 pick with how he’s playing.
Castle just nasty defense
only thing holding him back is his physicals. Who knows what a doctor will say about his body, but he is an absurd talent. Camby esque

Reaction Score
UConn was up 57-27 with 13:28 remaining.

They were outscored 31-18 from there on out.

That should be what Hurley uses to motivate this team to finish off games.

They didn’t shoot the ball well today, I get it. But this stuff seems weird to me. When they have a 30 point lead with less than 15 minutes left a 15 point win accomplishes the same thing as a 50 point win.

For the people who want every game to be a 40 point mopping the goal is to be ahead when the clock hits 0:00 no matter how you get there. They had a ton of open shots down the stretch. They just missed them. And still were never in danger of losing that game.

Reaction Score
They didn’t shoot the ball well today, I get it. But this stuff seems weird to me. When they have a 30 point lead with less than 15 minutes left a 15 point win accomplishes the same thing as a 50 point win.

For the people who want every game to be a 40 point mopping the goal is to be ahead when the clock hits 0:00 no matter how you get there. They had a ton of open shots down the stretch. They just missed them. And still were never in danger of losing that game.
Especially in the tournament. There are at least “style points” in some of the regular season metrics. It’s all meaningless now. Win or lose. Those are the two outcomes.

Reaction Score
So strange how fired up people get bc we let our lead get down to 16.
cbs forced Purdues 40 point win on us like we were all Malcolm McDowell in a clockwork orange. It’s conditioning

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

I suppose to me the difference is that Purdue increased their lead in 2nd half and started subbing with 7 minutes left. Would've been nice to get the bench more minutes. Just sayin'

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

A decent coach can burn the clock up 20+ points in the second half, and that is exactly what most decent coaches do. Hurley ran the game right in the second half.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Not the kind of 2nd half you want, but it didn’t matter. The 3 shooting was universally terrible, by everyone. That’s not likely to happen again, but something to focus on. The games only get tougher from here.

Dominating the paint against Northwestern wasn’t difficult, it’ll be harder against most of the potential future matchups, and we’ll need those 3’s.

Reaction Score
The second half was completely irrelevant. The game was over 5 minutes into the second half and Hurley put UConn in cruise control.

Northwestern really sucked, and it was a travesty that they got a bid with two key players injured while other more deserving teams stayed home.
So fau didn’t belong either?…

Reaction Score

I'm not saying they should've won by 50 points. My point is the team was outscored by 13 points over the final 13 minutes. I get that its a game of ebbs and flows, but had UConn matched Northwestern down til under the 8 minute mark, then you start thinking about pulling your starters around the 6. That wasn't at all possible tonight.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
This is a 30 point win if we even only shoot slightly below average .

Y'all need to chill in the chat about stall ball. We missed some shots but executed pretty well. It is supposed to be ugly.
Actually we started taking random threes in the first half and continued throughout the game. 3 pt shooting was a hot mess

Reaction Score

It was a well-played game by us. We were up the whole time, never in danger. No one got hurt.

If we made 3s at a normal clip, the score would have been uglier.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom