Northeast Football | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Northeast Football

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Having lived down south and having spent 3 days a week in Oklahoma for 5 years I think that your friend spent too much time in the Oklahoma summer sun when he was young.
He didn't want to be called "Southern" because Oklahoma wasn't a Confederate slave state like Arkansas and Louisiana. But he was also adamant that Oklahoma wasn't "Yankee" like Nebraska and Colorado.

Reaction Score
UConn, Rutgers, and BC win for 2nd week in a row.

I would venture that’s never happened in the 1A era.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I’d really rather cuse not beat miami

I'm with you. In fact, I always want the following teams to lose (in no particular order, but definitely BC first):

1) BC
2) Cuse
3) sPitt
4) Cincy
5) Temple
6) Rutgers

Does it make Northeastern football look bad? Maybe. But I want to win every possible recruiting battle whenever we want to. We're going to get better, no doubt about it. If that also coincides with others getting worse, that's better for UConn. And ultimately, that's all I care about...

Reaction Score
Undefeated Miami playing in front of maybe 30k and people trash our attendance.

AND the 1987 Canes team was there today for a ceremony commenting their season. Crazy how that used to be the Only show in town and now.... Not so much

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Syracuse is far from a bad team. Tough D, good Oline play and a gritty QB. I hope we look like them next year.

Reaction Score
BC is always going to out recruit us. They offer a P5 conference schedule and have decades of tradition that we cannot match. A.J. Dillon is never going to pick us over BC.

Where we can win is by having a better coach. BC has to develop most of their talent just like us. I'm not worried about losing recruiting battles over 3 and sometimes 4 star recruits to BC. The coaching is far more important. Not to knock HCRE, but Brown or Moorhead would be better and give us a real shot at beating BC.

Reaction Score
BC is always going to out recruit us. They offer a P5 conference schedule and have decades of tradition that we cannot match. A.J. Dillon is never going to pick us over BC.

Where we can win is by having a better coach. BC has to develop most of their talent just like us. I'm not worried about losing recruiting battles over 3 and sometimes 4 star recruits to BC. The coaching is far more important. Not to knock HCRE, but Brown or Moorhead would be better and give us a real shot at beating BC.
Not if we get invited into the Big Ten. Believe it or not, UMD and Rutgers are working on rivalry trophy. As we all know, UConn would fit in perfectly into the Big Ten's eastern seacoast expansion.

We can name our Rutgers game trophy in honor of Diaco: The Big Apple Conflict. We also have plenty of tradition, just need to appreciate it as it's own. Our tradition has been Ivies, Little Ivies, the Yankee Conference, the Big East and now the AAC so far.

Reaction Score

Edsall is just as good as those guys would be when supported by the right coordinators. Crocker seems to be getting his guys together and Lashlee is proving to be a Moorhead type OC. For now, it isn’t a reasonable concern to have. This staff is 100% capable of beating BC consistently if they stay together.

Until Lashlee leaves, we need not worry about coaching. He is a rare find and we need to find a way to keep him here for as long as possible.

Reaction Score
Undefeated Miami playing in front of maybe 30k and people trash our attendance.

I was at that game and there was easily 55 k there, for Syracuse. That's a pretty good crowd.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not if we get invited into the Big Ten. Believe it or not, UMD and Rutgers are working on rivalry trophy. As we all know, UConn would fit in perfectly into the Big Ten's eastern seacoast expansion.

We can name our Rutgers game trophy in honor of Diaco: The Big Apple Conflict. We also have plenty of tradition, just need to appreciate it as it's own. Our tradition has been Ivies, Little Ivies, the Yankee Conference, the Big East and now the AAC so far.

The whole Power 5 thing is the key. I have always felt that there is no reason Connecticut can't be at the level that we have seen Syracuse, BC, or any other Northeastern team that has had a good run in the past. It can't be done under this current situation though. You have to be able to offer players the chance to be on a bigger stage when you are trying to build up a program. We can't do that, and we are also at a disadvantage compared to the Central and South Floridas of the world, who can find enough players in their area that are maybe just shy of being offered by the big programs in Florida but end up staying in state. It's just a bad position to be in.

Reaction Score

I still cannot figure out why the Big doesn't jump on solidifying it's NE presence and block the ACC. We are last good state flagship for quality expansion and BIG membership is a self fulfilling prophecy in terms of generating requisite levels of market interest. With Rutgers, Penn State, Connecticut and Maryland they have a strong presence in the Northeast with natural rivalry potential.

Reaction Score
I still cannot figure out why the Big doesn't jump on solidifying it's NE presence and block the ACC. We are last good state flagship for quality expansion and BIG membership is a self fulfilling prophecy in terms of generating requisite levels of market interest. With Rutgers, Penn State, Connecticut and Maryland they have a strong presence in the Northeast with natural rivalry potential.
Gotta be easy on the Joe Schmoes. Can you imagine the meltdowns that would have happened if we were added already? We have to be patient, keep developing the program and pay dues.

Reaction Score
The B1G has what they want in the NE with PSU and RU. They are waiting for the Big 12 to break up to add teams 15 & 16. OU or Texas and KU are their prime targets. They need icon programs to bring in the revenue so no current member takes a cut in payout. OU vs Nebraska in football and KU vs Indiana in hoops are marquee tv draws.

We need to focus on winning the AAC every year. The more we talk about not being in a P5 conference the more it hurts recruiting.

Reaction Score
The B1G has what they want in the NE with PSU and RU. They are waiting for the Big 12 to break up to add teams 15 & 16. OU or Texas and KU are their prime targets. They need icon programs to bring in the revenue so no current member takes a cut in payout. OU vs Nebraska in football and KU vs Indiana in hoops are marquee tv draws.

We need to focus on winning the AAC every year. The more we talk about not being in a P5 conference the more it hurts recruiting.
You know the Big Ten is still focused on eastward expansion, correct?

If you think they're going to get Texas, keep dreaming. UT is now bigger and more powerful than every school in the Big Ten. The Pac-12 is the conference who would bend over for UT.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Syracuse is far from a bad team. Tough D, good Oline play and a gritty QB. I hope we look like them next year.
Screw the Cuse BUT they have one hell of a WR

Reaction Score
The B1G is not focused on any expansion right now, least of all in the northeast.

Reaction Score
The B1G is not focused on any expansion right now, least of all in the northeast.
Media market and HHI analysis would dictate otherwise. There are other growing regions as population shifts occur but the Northeast corridor remains the golden goose and ground zero for media dominance. I-95 from DC to Boston is a goldmine if the B1G can generate enough regional presence. Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma and West Vigina don't cut it and Texas isn't moving and diluting its market dominance. They could literally bring in UMass and their affiliation with B1G would be a self fulfilling prophecy within 5 years. They would suck the life out of BC and likely Syracuse from a recruiting perspective. If Rutgers is pulling $$ into the conference, they get even more leveraging effect by adding UConn by driving interest in a contiguous expanded market.

As blasphemous as it sounds, the quality of football program is secondary to quality and type of school and market dynamics.

Reaction Score
And you know this how? You don't.

Just trust me when I say we are on their radar. I am not saying it blindly.

Reaction Score
And you know this how? You don't.

Just trust me when I say we are on their radar. I am not saying it blindly.
Are you saying is wistfully? Unless you are part of the super secret B1G search committee, you are likely basing it on second hand/hearsay information.

The demographics and HHI numbers mean a lot less than they did 5 years ago. The paradigm has shifted. As is well discussed on the conference realignment board, cord cutting is real. I did it last month. I no longer am forced to pay for the B1G network, the SEC Network or the ACC Network. I still get Watch ESPN and can see any game I want. The CBSSN games, I go to a bar to watch if I really want to. I also did the 7 day free trial one week with Hulu Plus for 1 game I wanted to see.

Win the conference 5 out of the next 7 years and win every bowl game/OOC game against a P5 opponent and things might happen. When ND makes its move to a conference for FB when it is shut out of the CFB with 1 loss multiple times over the next few years, that will be Uconn's time. But only if they are pereceived as being a strong, competitive add.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nobody is expanding. The numbers are going to make zero sense for expansion going forward.

Notre Dame is also not getting shut out of the playoffs with one loss multiple times. They aren’t getting shut out of the playoffs with one loss once.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom