Northeast Football | The Boneyard

Northeast Football

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Semi-unrelated but I hate when people from Maryland call themselves “northeast”
Maryland is a "tweener" state as a friend of mine from Oklahoma once told me about his home state. Neither North nor South.

Maryland is south of the Mason Dixon line and it was a slave state, but it is northeast of Washington, DC which is basically the 21st century definition of "Northeast".

Opinions vary.

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I know I will get torched for this, but I’m kind a happy BCU won. It’ll make our win over them even better.

Reaction Score
If you want to have meaningful games between New England and Northeast teams, the teams need to win outside the region. It was the best weekend in years for these teams. Clemson and Louisville losing to SU and BC was huge for northeast football. A UConn win over BC just got elevated. If BC is 6-4 with wins over UVA, FSU & NC St, how big will that Fenway game be for us?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Maryland is a "tweener" state as a friend of mine from Oklahoma once told me about his home state. Neither North nor South.

Maryland is south of the Mason Dixon line and it was a slave state, but it is Northeast of Washington, DC which is basically the 21st century definition of "Northeast".

Opinions vary.

Somwhat off topic historical anecdote.
@Butch would be proud.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Sorry I might be missing something but why should I be happy that Cuse, RU, and BC won big games?? Last I checked, between the 4 teams being discussed in this thread, we, UConn, stand to lose the most by having these teams be decent to good. We are not in a P5 conference. Until that happens I hope that all three of those schools continue to blow and lose to terrible teams. I could give a crap less about Northeast football.

Seeing them do well only hurts our recruiting that much more.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I know I will get torched for this, but I’m kind a happy BCU won. It’ll make our win over them even better.
Plus it's good to stomp on Louisville while they're down.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Sorry I might be missing something but why should I be happy that Cuse, RU, and BC won big games?? Last I checked, between the 4 teams being discussed in this thread, we, UConn, stand to lose the most by having these teams be decent to good. We are not in a P5 conference. Until that happens I hope that all three of those schools continue to blow and lose to terrible teams. I could give a crap less about Northeast football.

I agree with you 100%, but I live in the heart of Big 12 country and I derive some benefit when Northeastern football looks respectable. The people down here don't take Northeastern football seriously. They think all Northeastern schools are in the Ivy League and play FCS football.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maryland is in the NE? It's like Final Jep a few weeks ago when a woman answered Atlanta for a Northeast city.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you want to have meaningful games between New England and Northeast teams, the teams need to win outside the region. It was the best weekend in years for these teams. Clemson and Louisville losing to SU and BC was huge for northeast football. A UConn win over BC just got elevated. If BC is 6-4 with wins over UVA, FSU & NC St, how big will that Fenway game be for us?

Spoiler Alert: BC isn't going to beat those three teams.

Reaction Score
You know BC has not won a conference game at home since 2014, right? Two of those are at home and includes maybe the second best team in the ACC. And I,m not sure, but I don’t think BC has ever won 4 conference games in a row.

Reaction Score
when was the last time UConn , BC, Syracuse, and Rutgers won on the same weekend?
And, UMess actually didn't lose!

Of course, they didn't play because USF wanted to fly home to sit through hurricane Irma.

Reaction Score

Maryland is south of the Mason Dixon line and it was a slave state, but it is northeast of Washington, DC which is basically the 21st century definition of "Northeast".

Opinions vary.

Having lived down south and having spent 3 days a week in Oklahoma for 5 years I think that your friend spent too much time in the Oklahoma summer sun when he was young.

Reaction Score
If the game were played this Sat. BC would easily be giving 2 TDs.

There defensive front will be a real challenge for us.

Reaction Score
If the game were played this Sat. BC would easily be giving 2 TDs.

There defensive front will be a real challenge for us.
Once you get past them (assuming Landry is healthy), there is a weak/decimated LB group and the DB's give up huge chunk plays. BC gives up 30+ points per game (including 20 from NIU and 8 from CMU). Take the MAC guys out, and it is over 36 per game. The BC D is not good.

The bigger concern for Uconn will be if New London's AJ Dillon is healthy come game time because he will be the key to the game in Nov. He is not currently injured and had 270 yards/4 TD's on Saturday including one of the nastiest throw downs of a D player ever on a 75 yd TD run. Not sure Uconn will have seen a RB like hm all year.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I absolutely agree. The more BC wins before us, the better. It will increase their arrogance and make our win sweeter.

Reaction Score
As a proud son of New London I'm happy for all the Whalers who go on to greatness in college and beyond. Let's hope we have a game plan to stop him.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score

A high tide raises all boats. The more wins for NE football, the better the national perception. This helps with exposure, recruiting, etc. I hate them all but want them to win unless they are playing us or (if out of conference) an American team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom