North Dakota St or UConn as is? | The Boneyard

North Dakota St or UConn as is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Most everyone on here knows the history of ND St and all of their FCS championships.

Would you rather drop down and try and compete for FCS championships or keep trying to tread water as an FBS.

With our highly ranked education and top notch facilities and stadium, why can't we just make the drop and build a dynasty? With an exciting offense and several 10-2 or 11-1 seasons plus playoffs, I think people show up.

My choice is to drop and become the next North Dakota St. (currently on EPSN vs South Dakota St in playoff game)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We may look at dropping down if we are again a loser in the next phase of CRA. Until then, I think we keep trying. Its tempting, but once you drop down, there will be no going back. What Temple managed to do is probably not something that can be repeated.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Never retreat. We need new leadership that can turn us around. There's absolutely no reason we can't be Kansas St or NC St, or Arizona or Iowa, or.....!
Financially a huge plus for us are our shinny new facilities. We are well positioned at that front and therefore relieving a burden/decision other schools have to deal with during this purgatory.

Reaction Score
No, stay where we are. We will never get in a power conference if we drop down. Plus, we won't be NDSU at the FCS level; we'll be back to being UConn, who wasn't that great there.

We are never going to a power conference. Time to face reality. Nobody on the FCS level can offer what we can.

Reaction Score
Most everyone on here knows the history of ND St and all of their FCS championships.

Would you rather drop down and try and compete for FCS championships or keep trying to tread water as an FBS.

With our highly ranked education and top notch facilities and stadium, why can't we just make the drop and build a dynasty? With an exciting offense and several 10-2 or 11-1 seasons plus playoffs, I think people show up.

My choice is to drop and become the next North Dakota St. (currently on EPSN vs South Dakota St in playoff game)

This is really what you'd choose? You'd have plenty of room to spread out. 5k in a 40k stadium is not enticing. ND State draws well because they win. Kids go there because they win.

Reaction Score
This is really what you'd choose? You'd have plenty of room to spread out. 5k in a 40k stadium is not enticing. ND State draws well because they win. Kids go there because they win.

Nelson snuck in my house and spiked my juice. I don't know what came over me. Yes I'd rather live in a constant state of flux and wish and dream of better things that aren't ever going to come. (sarcasm off)

The only way we could ever survive at this level is getting snatched up by the P5, which may go to P4. Can anyone convince me that we will get an invite in the next 7-10 years to play with the big boys?

Mark my words. Susan and company have a plan and it doesn't not include us being in the AAC 10 years from now. What it is I don't know.

Time for a reality check. We would have already been invited if we were wanted. We can't survive bleeding money like we do (it gets worse very shortly when the BB tournament money runs out).

Got to 65 scholarships and win big and we get 30K+ and extra home games for the play offs.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
1. Appalachian St. 6 149,366 24,894
2. Montana 7 170,660 24,380
3. James Madison 7 147,076 21,011
4. Southern U. 5 100,536 20,107
5. Yale 6 99,045 19,809
6. Montana St. 6 118,222 19,704
7. North Dak St. 9 167,600 18,622
TEAM # GAMES TOTAL AVERAGE

Attendance 2013 stats. Surprising Yale does so well with no post season interest. I doubt UConn would be top 25 for attendance. I guess you have to ask yourself if 18-20,0000 is "people showing up" and if you would be excited by FCS competition. The answer to both of those questions for me is no. FBS P-conference or fly fishing.

EDIT: 30,000 +?! Thats delusional. App State can't break 25k but we would? Not likely.

Reaction Score
My reason for posting is I don't see any other reasonable solution.

We aren't getting invite soon, if ever. So what is everyone'solution?

I'll say it again. With our facilities, education and stadium. we should able to out recruit everyone.

Install a high scoring, spread offense and people will come to see a fun, winning team.

Reaction Score

I'll say it again. With our facilities, education and stadium. we should able to out recruit everyone.

Install a high scoring, spread offense and people will come to see a fun, winning team.

Define "everyone"...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Can we just spend some fracking money and bring in a capable FBS level coaching staff for once?? Having a G5 leading AD budget does absolutely zero good if we can't crack the top third in the AAC in football coach salary.

Reaction Score
Our fanbase wants to suicide the athletic department now because of Diaco? Last I checked, women's basketball is still dominating and making news quite often.

NDSU proves that power running because of "cold weather" is an antiquated philosophy. Doesn't get cold till late November anyway.....

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Whatever we averaged at Memorial Stadium in Holtz's last season when we went to the I-AA playoffs is about what you can expect at the FCS level, and only if we win most of our games.

Reaction Score

why are you acting like our facilities are some ground breaking shiny new toys recruits will fall in love with? They've been around for over a decade and we still lose recruits to Fordham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom