North Carolina St (12) @ Syracuse (16) - 2/13/19 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

North Carolina St (12) @ Syracuse (16) - 2/13/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Syracuse will drop away significantly if tiana goes into the draft..

Tiana wasn't in the 27 players selected in the National Team squad announced on Jan 10 which includes Alanna Smith.

Possibly because they assume she will not be available or could also be that Head Coach Sandy Brondello doesn't think she is ready yet. They selected Kristy Wallace even though she is currently out injured (another ACL injury with a 12 month rehab source).

Upcoming International Tournaments
Asia Cup in September 2019
Qualifiers in November 2019
Pre-Olympic in February 2020

Reaction Score
It is only the first opals camp. The second camp held later on in the year, I'm sure will include Tiana and maybe some other young Aussie prospects like Aokuso who had a better season than Magbegor.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Final: NC State beats Syracuse, 77-73. Wolfpack Women now 22-2, 9-2 ACC. Syracuse falls to 18-6, 7-4 ACC.

Huge, huge road win for NC State. Now, hopefully, all the comments about NC State not beating anyone will cease.
Kudos to State. So many players lost to injury this year but they keep winning games.

All power to NC State for taking it on the road. I thought the lack of depth would catch up to them in the latter stages of the game, but they held tough (and Syracuse went 1-10 from three in that quarter.) Amazed only four people scored for the Wolfpack and three of them had double doubles (that's insane). Needless to say, an Irish fan can appreciate what this team is going through!

Echo the kudos for Leslie; the block by Rogers (right?) was key and Cunane was an eye-opener. Once that "gait" gets a bit smoother, whew!

President's Day. Raleigh. ESPN2. Here we go!

Reaction Score
Kiara Leslie is one of the most underrated players in the country in my opinion. It would surprise me if she didnt get drafted
She is projected to go in the 3rd round in the latest WNBA mock draft by ESPN.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Syracuse will drop away significantly if tiana goes into the draft.

Was impressed with the freshman Cunane. 22/12..

I thought they'd drop off after getting blasted by the Huskies in the 2016 championship game. Hillsman has done a good job keeping them competitive.

And I agree, it's a shame that they have such a small fan base. (And I doubt the fan base would have grown much had Hillsman chosen to let UConn play his team for Brianna's homecoming. But it sure was a wasted opportunity IMO.)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
In reading and reflecting about this game, a few things really jump out to me:
  • I believe this was the best State has played since the injury to Grace Hunter. The had some "tight" wins over decent competition in late January (Va. Tech, Clemson, Ga. Tech), but Syracuse is simply better than those teams and they had to play much better for this win.
  • Amazing they could put forth such a quality performance in the first game after losing starting post Erika Cassell. Freshman Elissa Cunane, who was on track to be a shoo-in for ACC Sixth Woman of the Year, got her first career start and finished with 22 points and a career-high 12 rebounds.
  • DD Rogers also stepped up in a big way, with a career-high 16 points and 10 rebounds.
  • And just a monster performance by Kiara Leslie: 30 points and 10 rebounds. It should be added that she did the yeoman's work of handling and breaking the Syracuse full-court pressure, which can be really exhausting. Especially in the final minutes, it was a war between her and Mangakahia.
  • Even more amazing that NC State only got scoring from 4 players.
  • Monday's home game vs. Notre Dame will be really fun to watch.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The SU coaching staff seems to be a notch below the talent level they're coaching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom