North Carolina St (12) @ Syracuse (16) - 2/13/19 | The Boneyard

North Carolina St (12) @ Syracuse (16) - 2/13/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Lets go State. Interesting.. the State women are playing in Syracuse at 7pm. The Syracuse men are playing at State at 8pm. That doesnt happen like that too often. Curious as to why this game is on a Wednesday night as opposed to a Thursday. Not gonna complain.... at least I'll be able to watch it this way

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Lets go State. Interesting.. the State women are playing in Syracuse at 7pm. The Syracuse men are playing at State at 8pm. That doesnt happen like that too often. Curious as to why this game is on a Wednesday night as opposed to a Thursday. Not gonna complain.... at least I'll be able to watch it this way

In his post-game remarks after the FSU game, Coach Moore mentioned he was concerned with the ladies having to miss too many Thursday classes for road trips and that Quentin Hillsman agreed to playing the game on a Wednesday.

This ends up being a fortuitous circumstance, given our injury situaton and gives us an extra day of rest to prepare for the Notre Dame showdown next Monday.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I notice Notre Dame is playing at BC tonight, too.

Reaction Score
8E1D0F9D-813D-41F8-8E68-3C5A55C4538C.jpeg

Syracuse was left off the selection committee’s Top 16, so I believe they’ll be extra motivated tonight.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

I noticed that the entire ACC Women's Weekday slate is on Wednesday. Here's a guess: Thursday is Valentine's Day. Perhaps some folks at the ACC thought audiences might want to be in a restaurant or dining room than in an arena. Or at least people not on this board? :rolleyes::D If so -- or even coincidence -- I think it's a good idea for many fans and players.

Oh, as for the game: I think Syracuse just goes off to the races in the second half and Wolfpack get an extra few days to get ready for the Monday game with ND.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
In his post-game remarks after the FSU game, Coach Moore mentioned he was concerned with the ladies having to miss too many Thursday classes for road trips and that Quentin Hillsman agreed to playing the game on a Wednesday.

This ends up being a fortuitous circumstance, given our injury situaton and gives us an extra day of rest to prepare for the Notre Dame showdown next Monday.
The ACC and SEC need to vary their weeknight games so that not all of them are played on Thursday. The men tend to spread out their schedule so that there are always games to watch almost every night of the week.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I noticed that the entire ACC Women's Weekday slate is on Wednesday. Here's a guess: Thursday is Valentine's Day. Perhaps some folks at the ACC thought audiences might want to be in a restaurant or dining room than in an arena. Or at least people not on this board? :rolleyes::D If so -- or even coincidence -- I think it's a good idea for many fans and players.

Oh, as for the game: I think Syracuse just goes off to the races in the second half and Wolfpack get an extra few days to get ready for the Monday game with ND.
Maybe. But I also remember attending a few games over the years that were billed particularly as Valentines games. I think there may have been an RU / UConn game on VD one year, but not sure.

In any case, even the ones that were billed that way, the promo department didn't "run" with it enough. It could be a cute promotion - even tied into donating stuffed animals or something.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score

My main concern is that Syracuse will hit a lot of THREEs; they sometimes attempt as many as 35-40 a game. If they hit even a third of that quantity, we're looking at 33-39 points, just from distance. In their losses, they have struggled from distance.

I don't know for sure, but with Erika Cassell done for the season, I expect 6'5" freshman Elissa Cunane to get the start tonight. She will block a lot of shots in the low post...so Syracuse may have to shoot from distance.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I noticed that the entire ACC Women's Weekday slate is on Wednesday.
Uh, I don't think so. There are 2 ACC games today. I see 3 on the schedule tomorrow.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I see that #2 seeding for NC State slipping away this week.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I see that #2 seeding for NC State slipping away this week.
Not just the #2 seed. Given their injuries and remaining schedule they are in serious jeopardy of not being a top 16 team and hosting. They have ND, Louisville, Miami and a tough 2nd round ACC Tournament foe, that’s 5 losses if they lose tonight.

It’s yeoman’s work Wes and his team are performing given all their injuries, my hat is off to him and give him all my respect but it is an uphill battle. :(

Plebe

Reaction Score
Losing to the likes of Notre Dame and Louisville will not hurt NC State's chance of hanging on to a #2 seed. Failing to bolster their resume with any more quality wins against teams like Florida State, Syracuse, North Carolina and Miami most certainly could cause them to drop a line or two.

Really, they've just been so ravaged by injuries, I feel they'll do well just to secure a hosting spot.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Uh, I don't think so. There are 2 ACC games today. I see 3 on the schedule tomorrow.

It's a "little bit of you, a little bit of me" to paraphrase a Monkees song that just flew into my brain.

I wrote the initial e-mail while checking out the time of the game on the ACC Network, which I get via my Comcast subscription. Usually when they list a slate of games on the same line, they're on the same day. But in the "weekdays are different" mode, the first four are today and the other three -- according to the listing -- are tomorrow.

I'll flit around during the ND halftime to see. In any case, they're doing this week what you've encouraged them to do: move a few weekday games around. Interestingly, while ND moves back to Thursday next week, the don't play on Sunday the next two weekends: 18th against NC State on President's Day and 25th at Syracuse. Two tough games.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wait so you’re rooting for State? Is that normal behavior for Duke fans?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wait so you’re rooting for State? Is that normal behavior for Duke fans?

enemy.jpg

I would guess that most Duke fans harbor no ill will towards State.... perhaps it depends on the age of the fan. The old school fans might feel differently towards them. However.... I dont think State fans root for Duke much though.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Maybe. But I also remember attending a few games over the years that were billed particularly as Valentines games. I think there may have been an RU / UConn game on VD one year, but not sure.

In any case, even the ones that were billed that way, the promo department didn't "run" with it enough. It could be a cute promotion - even tied into donating stuffed animals or something.

Duke is doing a Valentine promotion tomorrow night for the game vs VPI. Wine and Paint Night... One hour painting session with instructors.... and food and wine provided. Thinking about going to the game.... not to the promotion. Depending on the results.... may need some of that wine post game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I never did see anything direct from NC State, but Syracuse's Twitter just put this out:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
End of 1st quarter...NC State finished on a 7-0 run to take a 19-16 lead

Plebe

Reaction Score
It's just sad to see a strong team like Syracuse playing in front of a virtually empty home arena.

Aislynn Konig has a great 3-point shot.
Elissa Cunane has struggled so far in her first career start.
And just as I say that, she gets an and-1 on a press break.
The play-by-play guy is really good, the color analyst not so much.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
4:22 left 2nd quarter...NC State with a 29-25 lead. Kiara Leslie with 10 points for NC State.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom