Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 61 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Five formidable, highly ranked guards on one team? We've seen how that works out.

UCLA has had a lot of problems with recruiting. Cori Close has been having lots of problems recruiting in the past few seasons, which is a surprise considering how well liked she is and how respectably UCLA has done recently. Her national team assistant coaching spot has not yielded the results and some local club coaches are reportedly not high on her coaching.

Cal becomes interesting because they landed three bigs in 2020.

USC already has 2021 Akunwafo so an addition like Marshall would be pretty huge.
Cal actually has four bigs in 2020 - Michelle Onyiah, Dalayah Daniels, Fatou Samb, and Sela Heide. All were ranked in the top-100 as well. She would potentially end up competing with Daniels for minutes at the 3/4.

I question how well she may fit in at Oregon. Marshall has great length and a very high ceiling, but her motor and outside shot are questionable. She shot 30% from three and 46% from the field overall. Graves is definitely a coach that could help her reach her potential, maybe more so than any other on the list.

I've seen her listed anywhere from a combo-guard to a power forward, so it'll be interesting to see what position she ends up playing in college.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what the big deal is on dunking really, but not sure I've seen as easy a two handed one as this one.

Maybe there is something tricky about rim height, but if not this is athletic.

Reaction Score
Not sure who "premier event" is, but they sure act like Gamecock fans with the rankings they just released. All four commits in Top 15?

• Premier Basketball
We ranked the top 100 women's college basketball prospects for the Class of 2021. Here is the espnW 100.

1. Azzi Fudd | G | St. John's College High School (VA) | 5-11 | 5 stars | Uncommitted
  2. Raven Johnson | PG | Westlake High School (GA) | 5-9 | 5 stars | South Carolina
  3. Saniya Rivers | G | Ashley High School (NC) | 6-0 | 5 stars | South Carolina
  4. Sania Feagin | F | Forest Park High School (GA) | 6-4 | 5 stars | South Carolina
  5. Caroline Ducharme | F | Noble and Greenough High School (MA) | 6-2 | 5 stars | UConn
  6. Aaliyah Moore | G/F | Moore High School (OK) | 6-3 | 5 stars | Texas
  7. Jersey Wolfenbarger | PG/G | Fort Smith Northside High School (AR) | 6-5 | 5 stars | Arkansas
  8. Olivia Miles | PG/G | Blair Academy (NJ) | 5-10 | 5 stars | Notre Dame
  9. Teonni Key | F | Cary High School (NC) | 6-2 | 5 stars | North Carolina
  10. Rori Harmon | PG | Cypress Creek High School (TX) | 5-6 | 5 stars | Texas
  11. Brooke Demetre | F | Mater Dei High School (CA) | 6-3 | 5 stars | Stanford
  12. Payton Verhulst | G | Bishop Miege High School (KS) | 6-0 | 5 stars | Louisville
  13. Maryam Dauda | C | Bentonville High School (AR) | 6-4 | 5 stars | Baylor
  14. Aubryanna Hall | G/F | Huber Heights Wayne High School (OH) | 6-0 | 5 stars | South Carolina
  15. Amari DeBerry | F/C | Williamsville South High School (NY) | 6-5 | 5 stars | UConn

The rest of their Top 100:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ayanna Patterson highlights :
For me, pretty clearly a 4 to start, but stretchy, athletic 4. The frame through suggests an interior player.
I agree. With UCONN getting Brady in this class I think Patterson would be duplicate. I'm all in or Barker and most of the way on Betts.

She sorta reminds me of rebekkah brunson.
That's a good call. I was thinking like a right handed Allysa Thomas.

Reaction Score
Just tossing out some random predictions (no insider info)

Lauren Betts - Stanford
Kiki Rice - Duke
Ayanna Patterson - ND
Sa’Myah Smith - Baylor
Janiah Barker - Louisville
Timea Gardiner - Louisville
Ashlyn Watkins - South Carolina
Ashlon Jackson - Baylor
Justine Pissott - Tennessee
Shay Bolin - Duke
Londynn Jones - Arizona

Reaction Score
Just tossing out some random predictions (no insider info)

Lauren Betts - Stanford
Kiki Rice - Duke
Ayanna Patterson - ND
Sa’Myah Smith - Baylor
Janiah Barker - Louisville
Timea Gardiner - Louisville
Ashlyn Watkins - South Carolina
Ashlon Jackson - Baylor
Justine Pissott - Tennessee
Shay Bolin - Duke
Londynn Jones - Arizona
Hello Random-meet baseless. Lol

Reaction Score
I agree. With UCONN getting Brady in this class I think Patterson would be duplicate. I'm all in or Barker and most of the way on Betts.

That's a good call. I was thinking like a right handed Allysa Thomas.

Do you think Brady will be a post?

Are you all in on Barker as a post?

I'm assuming that Betts is being considered purely as a post. Why almost "all in" especially if you view the others as forwards?

Reaction Score
Nalyssa Smith plays the 4 because D. Richards is the 3 [and is the best perimeter defender in the country]. But for Richards, Smith would be playing the 3 [and will be the starting 3 after Richards graduates].

In small ball [1 In 4 Out O’s or 5 Out systems] Barker and Patterson are Face Up 4s. In the WNBA, they are 3s [N. Collier similarity]. At Baylor, either would plug into the 3 [not the 4]. Baylor is recruiting both [offers] to play 3. Baylor offered Smith and VanSlooten as 4s. Offered Betts as a 5 [fairly certain that every school with a team offered Betts similarly].

Reaction Score

I'm assuming that Betts is being considered purely as a post. Why almost "all in" especially if you view the others as forwards?
IMO, Brady is a classic 4 with smooth 3 point range. And I think Barker is the best wing in the country regardless of class. Yes, Betts is a low post who with Brady playing high would be a serious problem for defenses. But I'm starting to view Betts as staying out west.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I envision Brady as a UCONN post in the mold of Stewie playing all over the floor.
I envision Barker as power/wing and a match up nightmare especially defensively.
I'm almost all in in Betts only because right now her game is mostly finesse, she similar to DeBerry and Del Rosario is a year behind -her game is Anti-Finesse.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Nalyssa Smith plays the 4 because D. Richards is the 3 [and is the best perimeter defender in the country]. But for Richards, Smith would be playing the 3 [and will be the starting 3 after Richards graduates].
In small ball [1 In 4 Out O’s or 5 Out systems] Barker and Patterson are Face Up 4s. In the WNBA, they are 3s [N. Collier similarity]. At Baylor, either would plug into the 3 [not the 4]. Baylor is recruiting both [offers] to play 3. Baylor offered Smith and VanSlooten as 4s. Offered Betts as a 5 [fairly certain that every school with a team offered Betts similarly].
Except UCONN right? Because I'm fairly positive UCONN doesn't offer based on position. When Saylor was wondering what position she would play Geno said "I have no idea, we'll figure it out when you get here".

Reaction Score
I envision Brady as a UCONN post in the mold of Stewie playing all over the floor.
I envision Barker as power/wing and a match up nightmare especially defensively.
I'm almost all in in Betts only because right now her game is mostly finesse, she similar to DeBerry and Del Rosario is a year behind -her game is Anti-Finesse.

Thanks.

If you had to guess the ten or so prospects that GENO (not fans) is interested in next year, who would they be?

If you are interested, here are two "insider" (yeah, sure) articles about who Dawn is chasing. First one was in June. Second one iis September. The tone on Betts is different.

Reaction Score
Except UCONN right? Because I'm fairly positive UCONN doesn't offer based on position. When Saylor was wondering what position she would play Geno said "I have no idea, we'll figure it out when you get here".
This has to be right after what he did with the Megan Walker class huh? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom