Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 58 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nah''''''! Is that we are doing now flossing conference rings ? Somebody is bound to point out that had she accepted the challenge of playing at UCONN she might legit have 4 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP rings.

To parahrase that great American Poet-Lauryn Hill.

"Lauren baby use your head"
Are you saying that UConn needed her to win 4 NCs because they didn't win any during her time at Baylor. Her senior season was cancelled and who knows how that one would've played out.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Are you saying that UConn needed her to win 4 NCs because they didn't win any during her time at Baylor. Her senior season was cancelled and who knows how that one would've played out.
No. I'm saying if Lauren had come to UCONN with Crystal Dangerfield UCONN would have won more than the 1 (possibly 2) Championships that Baylor won while Lauren was there. Think about it, Cox would have been playing alongside Azura Stevens Gabby Williams and Napheesa as a Freshman. Additionally 4 years of Cox in the post would have meant that Gabby, Napheesa, and Megan could play their more natural position of wing. KLS could play in the backcourt. Cox would also overlap with ONO for two years. Cox was a big miss for UCONN-pun intended.

Reaction Score
No. I'm saying if Lauren had come to UCONN with Crystal Dangerfield UCONN would have won more than the 1 (possibly 2) Championships that Baylor won while Lauren was there. Think about it, Cox would have been playing alongside Azura Stevens Gabby Williams and Napheesa as a Freshman. Additionally 4 years of Cox in the post would have meant that Gabby, Napheesa, and Megan could play their more natural position of wing. KLS could play in the backcourt. Cox would also overlap with ONO for two years. Cox was a big miss for UCONN-pun intended.
I believe things happen for a reason, Pheesa and or Gabby probably would’ve have made All America with 6’4 freshman Lauren Cox on the roster I’m guessing she would have been a starter at some point, Lauren also had a tendency to play a little dirty at times. DeShields was a bigger miss in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I believe things happen for a reason, Pheesa and or Gabby probably would’ve have made All America with 6’4 freshman Lauren Cox on the roster I’m guessing she would have been a starter at some point, Lauren also had a tendency to play a little dirty at times. DeShields was a bigger miss in my opinion.
I agree DeSheilds really missed when she didn’t choose UConn, but things worked out for her.

Reaction Score
I agree that this thread now has gotten off track but one could argue ot was KLS and Phee's class that started the front court struggles which made it less likely UConn could win it all. There was a F in that class that was a total bust (cant even remember her name) and then the real knife was Crystal's class. Poor little thing needed a true PF to balance her class after the bust the previous year. Lauren could have been that person, Camara could have been healthier, Azure could have been smarter and stayed to learn how to play frontcourt, or Shepherd could have had the confidence to choose UConn. I believe all scenarios would have led to a few championships at least.

Reaction Score
Spot on

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Seeing how Collier struggled playing alongside Stevens, I don't see how she would have not struggled playing with Cox.

Reaction Score
Seeing how Collier struggled playing alongside Stevens, I don't see how she would have not struggled playing with Cox.
But she doesn't struggle alongside Big Syl in the wnba. I think the struggle with Azure was that Azure didn't know how to play in the post yet so Collier was lect trying to do it all. A little more time together and they would have been fine.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think there are many reasons why it would have been different. For starters Cox is a natural big where as Napheesa, Gabby & Azura are more suited for the wing. Napheesa struggled with Azura because both like the same spot on the floor. As a sophomore Napheesa had one of the most productive season in UCONN history and was named AA. Any Coach would have been considered foolish who might have considered removing her from the starting line up as many on the BY poll had suggested. Cox has always had a big (Mompremier, Brown, Smith) along side her at Baylor and still found a way to be productive. Finally Azura's 3 ball after being scorching hot in the summer all but abandoned her by the time she was eligible to play. Cox by contrast has been a steady (not great) 3 Point shooter 32% for her career. In short Cox as a big would have allowed all the other UCONN wing sized players to be better versions of themselves. @Go/huskies has a valid point-Cox being on the roster would have likely meant that both Gabby and Napheesa would not have made AA. Either player would have gladly traded AA status for another Championship or two.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I think there are many reasons why it would have been different. For starters Cox is a natural big where as Napheesa, Gabby & Azura are more suited for the wing. Napheesa struggled with Azura because both like the same spot on the floor. As a sophomore Napheesa had one of the most productive season in UCONN history and was named AA. Any Coach would have been considered foolish who might have considered removing her from the starting line up as many on the BY poll had suggested. Cox has always had a big (Mompremier, Brown, Smith) along side her at Baylor and still found a way to be productive. Finally Azura's 3 ball after being scorching hot in the summer all but abandoned her by the time she was eligible to play. Cox by contrast has been a steady (not great) 3 Point shooter 32% for her career. In short Cox as a big would have allowed all the other UCONN wing sized players to be better versions of themselves. @Go/huskies has a valid point-Cox being on the roster would have likely meant that both Gabby and Napheesa would not have made AA. Either player would have gladly traded AA status for another Championship or two.
He/she said they would have made AA.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
He/she said they would have made AA.
@Go/huskies said.

I'm agreeing with the or part of his statement. I don't think both would have made AA. KLS was on the team and Azura Stevens and Kia Nurse were playing near AA level as well.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Any guesses? And what’s up with Jillian Hollingshead? Have heard very little related to her!

Reaction Score
Any guesses? And what’s up with Jillian Hollingshead? Have heard very little related to her!
She did an interview with the Mississippi State fan site and basically gave no insight as her intentions.

Reaction Score
She could be another Liv and just seemingly show up one day at UConn. I remember Geno saying he had no idea what Liv was going to do until she made the call out of nowhere.

Reaction Score
Very excited about what Banghart is doing at UNC and the potential for that program in the future. McPherson is the real deal. Got to have great players to compete with the best, its a start for UNC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom