Non-UConn Recruiting Information | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Thought we could use a place to discuss important recruits going to colleges other then UConn......Here's a story on the Hull twins headed to Stanford

Stanford Cardinal women's basketball commits Lexie Hull and Lacie Hull enjoying perfect junior season

Is it just me or does Stanford seem to have a track record recruiting sisters?
Hull (Lexie and Lacie)
Samuelson (Bonnie and Karlie)
Ogwumike (Chiney and Nneka)

Maybe more? From a long lost time in basketball (that would be pre 1995 for me haha)?

Doing some research also noted Tara has a sister coaching the women's bball team at UCSD (I never knew this??) so I can see how she sees the bond of sisterhood thru sports as something important and worthwhile.

Samuelson sisters are money in the pocket when it comes to shooting. Ogwumike sisters are a force to be reckoned with (much like the Paris girls of TA&M). I'd only imagine these girls have some superb talent and play well together.

Reaction Score
Hull (Lexie and Lacie)
Samuelson sisters are money in the pocket when it comes to shooting. Ogwumike sisters are a force to be reckoned with (much like the Paris girls of TA&M). I'd only imagine these girls have some superb talent and play well together.

definitely seems to be more then a coincidence...........as a matter of fact, I hear Tara is recruiting some really talented six foot tall quintuplets from Oregon..............saves big on recruiting costs:rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
They have one twin playing currently--Brittany McPhee. Her sister Jordan is at D2 Seattle Pacific.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Hull (Lexie and Lacie)

Maybe more? From a long lost time in basketball (that would be pre 1995 for me haha)?

Doing some research also noted Tara has a sister coaching the women's bball team at UCSD (I never knew this??) so I can see how she sees the bond of sisterhood thru sports as something important and worthwhile.

The Paris twins played for Oklahoma.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
The Paris twins played for Oklahoma.

Thanks for the correction, I do remember now and I'm scratching my head wondering why I said TA&M.

Courtney Paris especially set some NCAA records with her double doubles, her name is all over the record book, I was checking stats the other day (linked from a previous thread)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Which non UConn recruit do you think will have the best freshman year? In this 2017 class.

Reaction Score

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Thought we could use a place to discuss important recruits going to colleges other then UConn......Here's a story on the Hull twins headed to Stanford

Stanford Cardinal women's basketball commits Lexie Hull and Lacie Hull enjoying perfect junior season

Charlie:
Good thinking. But is this just supposed to cover recruits who are committed to/going to other schools?

What about the players who are still in play (so to speak)? I've found the 17/18 and 19/20 threads worked pretty well for the kind of discussions that make for so much interest, from the Sams (Brunelle and Puisis) to Celeste Taylor and Baby (Dara) Mabrey/Faith Masonius. Also, some of these prospects go from being "of UConn interest" (Olivia Owens, River Baldwin) to this category.

Thanks for further thinking/clarification.

BTW, in that vein, I'm going to try to see Ms. Aquino's game tonight.....

Reaction Score
Charlie:
Good thinking. But is this just supposed to cover recruits who are committed to/going to other schools?

What about the players who are still in play (so to speak)? I've found the 17/18 and 19/20 threads worked pretty well for the kind of discussions that make for so much interest, from the Sams (Brunelle and Puisis) to Celeste Taylor and Baby (Dara) Mabrey/Faith Masonius. Also, some of these prospects go from being "of UConn interest" (Olivia Owens, River Baldwin) to this category.

Thanks for further thinking/clarification.

BTW, in that vein, I'm going to try to see Ms. Aquino's game tonight.....

I feel kind of strange postting on that thread about players that either are no longer considering UConn or players that UConn has no clear interest in but still have interest to us because they may face UConn...........haven't seen her since early in the season....let us know what you think

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
hard to say but I think Evina Westbrook and Chasity Patterson should make impact at next level sooner then later..
I think Westbrook will be a star. I think Texas got some real good players.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Chelsey Gipson. She is going to LMU. She is the best senior player I have seen in So Cal, this season. She had offers from UCLA and some other Pac12 school.
To be fair, I saw Destiny Littleton, from San Diego(USC recruit) who is the giant scoring leader in HS ball(Broke Cheryl Millers California scoring record), but she was playing on a sore/sprained ankle. She might have been better but I think her numbers are padded vs softer competition.

Gipson is ranked #53 by ESPN.
She should be Pac 12 level top guard. I am not sure the reason why LMU vs UCLA. Perhaps grades, but I am not sure. She has great handles, has a great pull up jumper and sees the court well.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I feel kind of strange postting on that thread about players that either are no longer considering UConn or players that UConn has no clear interest in but still have interest to us because they may face UConn......haven't seen her since early in the season....let us know what you think

And for players that may/may not have a (strong) UConn interest, a la Faith Masonius or the young player from Mainland? Keep in the year files?
Obviously, ND (and others) have some cross interest in a number of these (how soon we forget Megatron), so that would probably be the right place.

Reaction Score
And for players that may/may not have a (strong) UConn interest, a la Faith Masonius or the young player from Mainland? Keep in the year files?
Obviously, ND (and others) have some cross interest in a number of these (how soon we forget Megatron), so that would probably be the right place.

I guess that will work........Not sure if you saw that Manasquan lost to St Rose the other day...........Masonius has had a relatively quiet sophomore year but I have been told that she has been battling injuries the entire season and is only playing at about 75% right now

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I guess that will work...Not sure if you saw that Manasquan lost to St Rose the other day......Masonius has had a relatively quiet sophomore year but I have been told that she has been battling injuries the entire season and is only playing at about 75% right now

Charlie, I saw this and thought - "Didn't Manasquan *just* beat St. Rose". Sure enough, St. Rose's win was the 2nd OT game between the two in 9 days. So it turns out, I'm not losing my mind...yet.

Reaction Score
from the cheap seats down here in the Big 12 . . . (too many words to write as a guest so just ignore if you're inclined)

concerning Geno (and every other D1 coach in the nation wanting the "Paris Twins") history proved that what every coach REALLY wanted was Courtney Paris (who made a living off the offensive foul of "charging" but did it moving backward toward the goal with her butt. We watched it for 4 years in the Big 12. Couldn't jump. Wouldn't jump. Never needed to jump. Her girth meant that anyone jumping above had to reach over her and at 6'4 (?) there just weren't many who could get high enough to pick a rebound without making body contact with Courney's shoulders or arms. No matter how perfectly our or any other team's post would have complete and total defensive position BEHIND C Paris 15 feet out, Paris would simply start backing up with her dribble with her backside headed toward the rim and the stripes NEVER considered that a "charge". There was not a player in the nation who could lean back against her and stop the mass/bulk of her backward dribble until she got underneath. And to this day I am convinced there are BIGS who get by with "charging with their butts".

As for the twin sister, she was never a D1 ability player, but any coach who wanted Courtney had to be willing to give sis a full ride as well--Papa and Mama Paris' rules (and sadly, the only way the twin sis was EVER going to get a schollie at ANY level other than some small mid-major, was to be a packaged recruit with Courtney. Good kids, but it was sad to watch the twin (Ashley) even TRY to function on a D1 level. She was not quite as large as Courtney, but close, but had absolutely NO D1 skills--and might not have been capable of even small mid-majors.

You guys played them. but you probably didn't see much of the twin (Ashley). Unfortunately for Coale, even with a four year All American in Courtney, they couldn't get a title. (Not that we down here in Waco were grieving too much). But I personally am a fan of S. Coale, and somehow I wish she could hang a banner some day. OU's roster now is pretty absent of anything except slow, short, 3 point guards, though, so their recruiting is getting farther and father away from being a to 10 program. Their 7' post is just now growing into her body height after two years and will never be a factor except for a few minutes of rebounding minutes. Her 7' frame is carrying all the weight it can and still she is awkwardly not a player (coincidentally with last name of "Mulkey"---no relation).

In a month I hope I'm helping you guys know where to find south Dallas bbq if you're interested. African American community has several "joints" (take-out only) that we crazy Texans will stand in line 2 hours just to get a carry out.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="

As for the twin sister, she was never a D1 ability player, but any coach who wanted Courtney had to be willing to give sis a full ride as well--Papa and Mama Paris' rules (and sadly, the only way the twin sis was EVER going to get a schollie at ANY level other than some small mid-major, was to be a packaged recruit with Courtney. Good kids, but it was sad to watch the twin (Ashley) even TRY to function on a D1 level. She was not quite as large as Courtney, but close, but had absolutely NO D1 skills--and might not have been capable of even small mid-majors.

[/QUOTE]
She definitely wasn't on the same level as her sister and package deal may have been part of the conversations but I feel like I remember Ashley losing a bunch of weight and becoming more of a forward and a starter her senior year and finding success that way. She nearly averaged a double-double her senior year. I also found, via the internet, that she was selected to the WBCA All-American game out of high school then was drafted by the Sparks. (was waived before the 11-man roster was selected, but still was drafted)

Reaction Score
Ashley wasn't that bad. I get it, about Courtney moving in with her back to the basket, but your post Kalani Brown has the same main things going for her -- too tall to reach the ball in her hands and to large around to get around her (I grant you, she is also quick and has a great shooting touch).

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Ashley wasn't that bad. I get it, about Courtney moving in with her back to the basket, but your post Kalani Brown has the same main things going for her -- too tall to reach the ball in her hands and to large around to get around her (I grant you, she is also quick and has a great shooting touch).
She also uses her elbows before she makes a move when her back is to the basket. Coates does the same thing and they both usually get away with it.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Charlie, I saw this and thought - "Didn't Manasquan *just* beat St. Rose". Sure enough, St. Rose's win was the 2nd OT game between the two in 9 days. So it turns out, I'm not losing my mind...yet.

There's a solid chance Manasquan and St. Rose could meet again in the Tournament of Champions, which pares all the state sectional winners together. The teams on the Shore -- Manasquan, St. Rose, Rumson/Fairhaven, Red Bank Catholic -- are a killer's row and all could go far into their respective sectionals. I'll be heading to a few of those match-ups for sure.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I guess that will work...Not sure if you saw that Manasquan lost to St Rose the other day......Masonius has had a relatively quiet sophomore year but I have been told that she has been battling injuries the entire season and is only playing at about 75% right now

That would make some sense. I've only seen one game this year and it was a blowout She wasn't on the court most of the second half, so I figured that she was out to let Galvan man the post and get back up to speed (this game was in December). Scoring-wise, Mabrey has obviously taken lead with Stella Clarke, Faith and Lola Mullaney. BTW, you've got to love a team with names like Stella, Lola and Faith. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom