Non-UConn NCAA Baseball Tourney | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn NCAA Baseball Tourney

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
FSU just went into the Box and took game 1 from LSU. Wow.

Maybe this is the year for Martin.

Reaction Score
Albert's bat against LSU was one of the best that I have seen....he stayed alive at the 3-2 count by fouling off five straight pitches that were borderline strikes before going yard and scoring three runs to tie the game.

LSU is probably a better team than FSU...but then, so was Georgia. It will be tough to take two from a fired up LSU with that raucous crowd (11,636).

FSU should not have had the legs to go this far...but I would be happy to see Martin go to Omaha one last time...to set an unbeatable record of most CWS appearances without a NC.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Albert's bat against LSU was one of the best that I have seen....he stayed alive at the 3-2 count by fouling off five straight pitches that were borderline strikes before going yard and scoring three runs to tie the game.

LSU is probably a better team than FSU...but then, so was Georgia. It will be tough to take two from a fired up LSU with that raucous crowd (11,636).

FSU should not have had the legs to go this far...but I would be happy to see Martin go to Omaha one last time...to set an unbeatable record of most CWS appearances without a NC.

Dude seriously deserves one. 40 wins so many years in a row without a title is blind bad luck in all honesty.

Reaction Score
Been to the CWS 22 times...without a title.

Pitching depth is always the problem.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Do or die and he throws a no hitter:

With a name like "Kumar", I'll assume that's not John's kid...

Are tight uni pants making a comeback? That kid looks like he's wearing white yoga pants. And with his build, it's not a particularly flattering look.

Reaction Score
Kumar's dad is Tracy...defensive line coach for the Vols.

Vandy is a MLB assembly line for pitchers....there are 7 MLB pitchers playing now, out of Vandy, who were 1st round picks.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Not that any of y'all give a rip about the Pirates, but Brian Reynolds, potential NL RoY, credits Vandy with teaching him solid fundamentals, both at bat and in the OF. And, for a rookie, he is amazingly fundamentally sound, certainly more advanced than Marte or Polanco.

Too bad that didn't work for Pedro Alvarez.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Not that any of y'all give a rip about the Pirates, but Brian Reynolds, potential NL RoY, credits Vandy with teaching him solid fundamentals, both at bat and in the OF. And, for a rookie, he is amazingly fundamentally sound, certainly more advanced than Marte or Polanco.

Too bad that didn't work for Pedro Alvarez.

Vandy has an excellent program, but recruiting against them should be easy.

Just show prospective recruits videos of the Whistler!

Reaction Score
He’s got a bit of a point but looks like whining after getting thumped:

Reaction Score
He's just saying..."hey we can't beat them...they are too good, yada. yada". "We shouldn't have had to play them in a Super Regional...maybe UCLA, or FSU, or LSU or Mississippi State or Arkansas, or Vanderbilt. or Duke..second thought, none of them. We should have been paired with Oklahoma State."

Of course Louisville was quickly eliminated for competing for the ACC tournament championship by back to back losses to BC and Clemson in their pool. I wonder if that altered their seeding?

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
UL and ECU both died ugly deaths in conference tournament play. UL usually rests players during the conference tournament to save energy for regional play, or so I've heard.

Reaction Score
LOL...You don't think that Louisville wants to win the ACC?

Something that they have not done?

Hard to win when Boston College throws a 3 hitter and Clemson carries a no hitter into the 9th.

I guess Louisville's coach told his batters to strike out and hit outs so they wouldn't tire running bases?

poppycock.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Don't look at me, look at the UL message board after they lost the BC game.

Reaction Score
I find the ECU coaches pitiful whimper of "we're just a small school" to be a whine.

He wouldn't have liked FSU's assignment any better...taking on national #4 seed at their home and then LSU at theirs.

Hey...he could have had last four ins like FSU and Duke...and I think he would have been very disappointed...Best of the AAC having to play a last four in team.

Reaction Score
Don't look at me, look at the UL message board after they lost the BC game.

Oh yeah...fan boards trying to justify a major upset...But don't you think that it was more about the Louisville hitters not hitting?

Reaction Score
Duke did not have a winning conference record...winning a game in the Super Regional against the best of the SEC was their season...they overachieved in the post season.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Oh yeah...fan boards trying to justify a major upset...But don't you think that it was more about the Louisville hitters not hitting?

Eh, you could be right. Just reported what I read.

Duke did not have a winning conference record...winning a game in the Super Regional against the best of the SEC was their season...they overachieved in the post season.

Duke pulled a UConn and started hitting at the right time, and unlike UConn, they still have not stopped. Props to them; I would not have had them in over Texas State if I were in charge of the committee.

Reaction Score
Tech/OK State game is crazy... home runs galore. Heading into 9th - TT up by 2 after 4 runs in B8 -> ESPNU

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom