Non-Key Tweets | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If the PAC had to expand, I would expect them to invite San Diego State (#28 largest US TV market; but very fickle sport fans), re-open the door for BYU (large brand name, likely competition from XII) and UNLV (#40 largest TV market [Louisville is #48, Hartford/New Haven is #30] that has no professional sports teams [and may never get one due to the gambling issue]). Thus, slot #4 would likely be between Hawaii (decent program, high travel expenses) Boise State (poor academics), Nevada, New Mexico, and Colorado State.

What what what and what? BYU and Cal. Um ok.

Reaction Score
I think Cal will be much more bothered being associated with a Cal State school than BYU

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm guessing it's the philosophical differences he's referring to.

Waylon and have philosophical differences. BYU and Cal may as well be on different planets. I don't think the PAC 12 would take SDSU, but that's just a matter of holding their noses on academics.

The PAC 12 can't get to 16. The schools just don't exist.

Reaction Score
Waylon and have philosophical differences. BYU and Cal may as well be on different planets. I don't think the PAC 12 would take SDSU, but that's just a matter of holding their noses on academics.

Larry Scott himself said that SDSU was an option. I don't know if they'll go to 16, but if they do, SDSU should be a lock. Outside of a B12 shakeup, who else would they take ahead of them? Boise? Boise's got a better rep in football, but is a worse fit institutionally.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo.../pac-12-expansion-boise-state-san-diego-state
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...te-san-diego-state-could-be-on-pac-12s-radar/

pj

Reaction Score
SDSU would be the first choice. BYU would be the best athletically and marketwise but is a cultural mismatch. UNLV, Boise, New Mexico, and Hawaii would get them into new states. Colorado State is a quality school. Those are the options but none of them are exciting to the Pac12. They can wait to see if the B12 dissolves or see which schools from that group invest and improve (eg UNLV). I don't see why a conference would be compelled to go to 16.

Reaction Score
SDSU would be the first choice. BYU would be the best athletically and marketwise but is a cultural mismatch. UNLV, Boise, New Mexico, and Hawaii would get them into new states. Colorado State is a quality school. Those are the options but none of them are exciting to the Pac12. They can wait to see if the B12 dissolves or see which schools from that group invest and improve (eg UNLV). I don't see why a conference would be compelled to go to 16.

That's probably the right list. I agree they would much prefer the B12 to blow up. We'll see what Texas decides to do.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score

Of course they do... they take Oklahoma, Texas, Ok State, and BYU... there is you 16. Though BYU does not seem a good fit ideologically.

Reaction Score

Completely agree. These schools would be the PAC’s choice assuming that the XII does not blow-up, which will not happen unless Texas bolts. If Texas bolts, then Texas becomes PAC’s first and foremost priority followed by Oklahoma and then each school’s little sister (Texas Tech and Oklahoma State) to appease the politicians. I still believe that the PAC would have interest in both SDSU and UNLV due to market potential and BYU due to ‘brand name;’ but, clearly each has issues, too.

Reaction Score
If Texas, OU, OSU, and TT go Pac12 does the B12 look to add who...proly UC, UH, BYU? And would it even matter...if the
"Texa-homa Four" go to the Pac12 I would make a case that the P5 would become the P4. Would the B12 "bcs bowl" have the option to pull out of the agreement? Right now the B12 winner takes on the SEC in the Sugar I believe...if Texas/OU/TT/OSU pull out of the B12 I'm guessing the Sugar has the option of re-looking at the landscape.

Reaction Score
SDSU to the Pac12 is a no brainer (if they can't lure Texas/OU/OSU/TT from the b12).

But the second add with SDSU is the tricky part: unlv, col st., boise, and byu all have a wart or two for various reasons...

Reaction Score
The Dude is on a roll today. Says he's hearing B1G has its sights on TX & Mizzou to the B1G w/ OU & Vandy as the backup. Says the B1G would buy the Longhorn Network from ESPN. No word on the GoR for the B12. Paints scenario of the D4 conferences acting more like divisions than conferences.

Source.

· The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV 4h
According to top B1G source the B1G has its eyes set on Texas & Mizzou. Oklahoma & Vandy are Plan B.

Reaction Score
  1. Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda35m
  2. @gerrydinardo Dennis Dodd of CBS strongly suggesting more B1G expansion is on the way.....you hearing anything? Any guesses on targets?
  1. Gerry DiNardo@gerrydinardo30m
  2. @TuxedoYoda I haven't heard anything. Guess would be based on ACC Grant of Rights.

1. Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda24m
  2. @gerrydinardo Last I heard, the ACC GOR still had not been signed. If that is the case, this could get wild.

• Gerry DiNardo
gerrydinardo1m@TuxedoYoda

• I would agree
Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda47m
Do I believe the Texas to the B1G rumors? No. Would I like to see it happen to watch Tx Tech & Baylor fade away to nothingness? Yes.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I really hope someone's compiling a document of all the crap the dood has thrown at the wall so that one of those pieces of crap sticks, we can calculate the ratio of stick vs. non-sticking crap. My guess is it'll be very low. Not that it'll stop him (or others) from crowing about being the CR Nostradamus.

Reaction Score
The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV30m
Thinking hard on the B1G news and Texas. Trying to conjure reasons for it to be true (bad sign there).

The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV27m
Here's my 3 major points... feel free to shoot holes in them...

The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV26m
1. Having whiffed on ND, DeLoss Dodd is concerned about his legacy & the LHN therefore he wants to land Texas in the B1G before he retires.

2. The B1G has egg on its face over RU/UMD and FSU/UVA and wants/needs a big name to take into contract talks with the networks next year.

3. Its another power play on the part of Texas to end talk of Big 12 expansion.

The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV24m
4. Could Fox add $ to the BTN contract to compensate Texas for UT home games the B12 would retain rights to?

Reaction Score
Thinking hard on the B1G news and Texas. Trying to conjure reasons for it to be true (bad sign there).

1. Having whiffed on ND, DeLoss Dodd is concerned about his legacy & the LHN therefore he wants to land Texas in the B1G before he retires.

2. The B1G has egg on its face over RU/UMD and FSU/UVA and wants/needs a big name to take into contract talks with the networks next year.

4. Could Fox add $ to the BTN contract to compensate Texas for UT home games the B12 would retain rights to?
Is it really news if only he is reporting it?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reaction Score

Dude, that's 4 reasons.

At least this series of posts have a general idea that could have some truth behind it, all be it very unlikely. It is at least plausible that the B1G would be interested in Texas and may have even done homework on Texas. But the B1G is not alone, as every conference would be interested in Texas.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
He's so out of ideas he's rehashing old orangebloods rumors from 2 years ago, or however long ago that was.

Reaction Score
What what what and what? BYU and Cal. Um ok.

In advance, I have nothing against Mormons or the LDS. Every Mormon I've ever met (Army/Business), to a person, was someone I would have been proud to call a friend, period. Reliable, loyal and remarkably non-judgmental are descriptors I would use.

Some years back, during a stretch when BYU was really (top-10) good, there was an article (might have been the NYTimes) that discussed the fact that BYU had not been invited to play in any of the major (at the time, Rose, Cotton, Orange, Sugar) bowls. The reason offered was simple. Mormons don't spend money on partying and, the cities that put on bowl games subliminally sell the events as a long, profitable weekends of parties, booze and debauchery. Mormons don't debauch. Read that as Mormons don't spend the money required for a good debauch.

Every time BYU comes up in the CR discussion, I wonder how much the above attitude effects the conversation? Maybe the LDS could offer a prospective conference a monetary "debauchery deposit" as a guarantee.

pj

Reaction Score
The Dude is on a roll today. Says he's hearing B1G has its sights on TX & Mizzou to the B1G w/ OU & Vandy as the backup. Says the B1G would buy the Longhorn Network from ESPN. No word on the GoR for the B12. Paints scenario of the D4 conferences acting more like divisions than conferences.

Source.

·The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV 4h
According to top B1G source the B1G has its eyes set on Texas & Mizzou. Oklahoma & Vandy are Plan B.

In what world does the B1G take Texas and Mizzou without Kansas and Oklahoma -- or Oklahoma and Vandy ahead of Kansas and Missouri? Why Oklahoma or Vandy ahead of UConn? This makes no sense.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma football over uconn is a no brainer. Vandy? Academics maybe, but I doubt they would leave the sec. I guess they're going to really challenge these gors I guess. We will see I guess.

pj

Reaction Score
Oklahoma football over uconn is a no brainer. Vandy? Academics maybe, but I doubt they would leave the sec. I guess they're going to really challenge these gors I guess. We will see I guess.

UConn basketball, near-AAU, and northeast markets over Oklahoma is a no-brainer. Oklahoma is Nebraska without any contiguous B1G state and with worse academics/research. Vandy likewise has no contiguous B1G state and southerners would lose interest in a B1G/northern conference. Why would the B1G go for small-market schools on geographic islands far from the conference? Oklahoma is attractive if they come with Kansas and Texas. Vandy, I don't see it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom