Non-Key Tweets | Page 922 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Losing to Utah, the second school in a state that has a smaller population, is much more spread out, and less wealthy than Connecticut would be a bad look for UConn’s leadership.
If we get passed up again it's just the fault of the BOT. Those are the people that have been guiding us through this mess for the last decade+ and failing to right the ship in a timely manner.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Losing to Utah, the second school in a state that has a smaller population, is much more spread out, and less wealthy than Connecticut would be a bad look for UConn’s leadership.
Please explain why it would be a bad look for UConn's leadership and not the B12's.

Reaction Score
I’d also prefer the big 10 or 12, but maybe the acc has something big up their sleeve. How about a merger between the acc and big East? Obviously some of the schools would be b-ball only. It would be a power house in b-ball and offer good rivalries in football.

All I know is if we get into one of these conferences we start with the top football, b-ball and baseball coaches in any of them.

Reaction Score
What happened to people's memory?

Florida State has cried wolf before. More than once.

How do you not remember that?
Selective amnesia. They need something to talk about.

Reaction Score
I’d also prefer the big 10 or 12, but maybe the acc has something big up their sleeve. How about a merger between the acc and big East? Obviously some of the schools would be b-ball only. It would be a power house in b-ball and offer good rivalries in football.

All I know is if we get into one of these conferences we start with the top football, b-ball and baseball coaches in any of them.
If they grabbed us, St John’s, Villanova, and Georgetown they would immediately torpedo any other conference’s hope for owning NYC.

Reaction Score
Please explain why it would be a bad look for UConn's leadership and not the B12's.
I know this Board had a lot of Susan Herbst super fans, but how much has being on the wrong side of conference realignment cost CT tax payers? What is the economic impact for playing in front of 18K instead of 40K? How much would hotels, restaurants, etc benefit from playing schools that actually travel to see their team play? The numbers have to be staggering. So yes, the UConn administration, Trustees, politicians all deserve to be held accountable for being one of just 2 schools being left behind. BTW, if ACC implodes, you’re kidding yourselves if you think we will be the first call. If anything, the Big 12 going west, only increases the chances of the ACC stealing WVU and maybe Cincinnati. USF will be ahead of us too.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It’s an example of once a school is in the club they’re set for their existence.

Except for UConn

Reaction Score
It’s an example of once a school is in the club they’re set for their existence.

Except for UConn
Technically any team from the old Big East that plays football, so us, Temple, and USF. Can't think of any other instances of schools being relegated.

Reaction Score
There is smoke. Realistically who are they going to add? The PAC 12 remains?

They aren’t poaching any P5 conferences.
USF, Temple, Navy, Buffalo….
The way things are going, ECU even.

Or how about sdsu

Reaction Score
I know this Board had a lot of Susan Herbst super fans, but how much has being on the wrong side of conference realignment cost CT tax payers? What is the economic impact for playing in front of 18K instead of 40K? How much would hotels, restaurants, etc benefit from playing schools that actually travel to see their team play? The numbers have to be staggering. So yes, the UConn administration, Trustees, politicians all deserve to be held accountable for being one of just 2 schools being left behind. BTW, if ACC implodes, you’re kidding yourselves if you think we will be the first call. If anything, the Big 12 going west, only increases the chances of the ACC stealing WVU and maybe Cincinnati. USF will be ahead of us too.
The numbers are a couple of million, if that. Sports are not an economic driver.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Some mild vibes out there that the PAC 9 will survive.
That’s coming from Oregon/Washington States and the PAC 12 offices.

I’m heading ASU pres is finally coming around to bolting.

Reaction Score
Did everyone vote on this Non-key poll?

Lol the Big 12 fanbases absolutely despise Utah and their fans because of their "holier than thou" attitude towards the Big 12 and yet they're STILL winning over us in that poll. It's over boys, we're doomed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom