Non-Key Tweets | Page 911 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Alek Arend, Deputy Editor, leads the breaking news team for Athlon Sports. He was previously a West Coast Editor and a full-time writer for The Spun by Sports Illustrated. He also has a sports reporting background working for 247Sports' Duck Territory covering all University of Oregon athletics. Alek graduated with his bachelor's degree from Brigham Young University-Idaho.

Reaction Score
You're correct, that article read like a pro UConn piece with an anti-UConn title. Strange.

Every one of his anti-UConn arguments can be easily shot down in debate.
He could write similar piece about Colorado....with a lot fewer positives. But he is in favor of their return. Lol

GG

Reaction Score
Good if true, because it guarantees UConn admittance to the ACC. But it is total fantasy. So there is that.
Does it though? Syracuse fans still listing every other school possible (besides UCONN) to replace departing schools. You would think at this point they would appreciate that a renewed rivalry could help their dying basketball program.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Cuse is too good for UConn. When they think BE rivalry, they think Georgetown from the 80s
Sadly although this was meant to be funny it is quite accurate.

A lot of fans from other successful programs want to deny UConn is one of the preeminent bb programs. It’s because it comes at their expense.

Reaction Score
Sadly although this was meant to be funny it is quite accurate.

A lot of fans from other successful programs want to deny UConn is one of the preeminent bb programs. It’s because it comes at their expense.
We're just lucky in March, don't you know?

Reaction Score
16-1 in national championship games between the men and women in just the last 28 years. How many other schools can match that?
I hope its clear I was being sarcastic and playing off of comments frequently coming from our friends in the Central Leatherstocking Region.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
16-1 in national championship games between the men and women in just the last 28 years. How many other schools can match that?
Better question: how many conferences can match that? And the answer to that question is none.

Basketball Championships since 1995 (total for each conference's current membership):
UConn – 16
SEC – 14
ACC – 11 (incl. 1 vacated)
Big 12 – 6
Big 10 – 4
Pac-whatever – 3
other Big East – 2

If you go by the conference each school belonged to in the year they won each title, then it's even more lopsided than this.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The women are a national brand. At least that’s my experience living in South Carolina and North Carolina.

After this last NC there has been significantly more respect for the men’s program. Sustained excellence and that hurdle will be overcome.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The women are a national brand. At least that’s my experience living in South Carolina and North Carolina.

After this last NC there has been significantly more respect for the men’s program. Sustained excellence and that hurdle will be overcome.
Lol, at five national championships the men are not a national brand?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
International
Truth. I was just out of the country a few weeks ago and when someone saw my Connecticut gear the first thing they said was don't the women win the basketball national championship every year? They were completely unaware that the men just won a national championship.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Lol, at five national championships the men are not a national brand?
Prior to five when I talked about UConn bb in the Carolinas the southerners pivoted right to the women’s program. Hasn’t happened since five. I’ve been in this region since 2006.

Reaction Score
Part of what you're all saying is that despite the level of excellence and number of championships UConn has not received its requisite degree of publicity and enough fealty from the media voices that matter. (it's like pulling teeth to have us called a Blue Blood even though no one can touch our 5 Men's titles in 25 years.) That's essentially what Yormark is referencing when he speaks of College basketball as a sleeping giant financially. He's all about "promotion". UConn is currently undervalued and under appreciated. But it won't be on his watch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom