Non-Key Tweets | Page 909 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I don't think anyone is sure what happens to the state subsidies if and when the P5 money kicks in, so a reasonable question. If we keep all or some of it great, but we've been successful at the $35-40 million level so it seems the subsidy wouldn't be absolutely necessary.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I would imagine they wouldn't subsidize the same amount every year, but would continue to for certain projects like stadium upgrades that are being fought pretty hard right now to fund.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The subsidy really comes from the student body. They pay it, whether they know that or not. Just like they pay for the super fancy gym UConn built.

It remains to be seen if UConn will reduce those fees but my guess is no, they’ll use the money to update Gampel and the Rent.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The subsidy really comes from the student body. They pay it, whether they know that or not. Just like they pay for the super fancy gym UConn built.

It remains to be seen if UConn will reduce those fees but my guess is no, they’ll use the money to update Gampel and the Rent.
Subsidy really comes from the state. Fees intuition only constitute about 41% of the University's annual revenues. The state pumps about $329 million a year into the University. That is an excellent investment since Connecticut returns about $5.3 billion to the state annually.

UConn Puts Value to Connecticut at $5.3 Billion Per Year

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
FB Season ticket sales will explode in the B12.
People under estimate the money printing machine that a pact football stadium is.

Reaction Score
If I had to guess, the plan would be to taper it down. You hope that revenue increases over time so you can have the athletic department be self sustaining. It won't fully happen, of course, because it doesn't work like that for 95% of schools.

Reaction Score
I think we're in at 16 but probably not 14.

If we aren't in at 16 then what are we even doing? It basically cements our status as a G5 program and real questions need to start being asked.
Nah. Armageddon is coming for remaining PAC and ACC schools. We would probably join them in an East/West conference in due time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom