Non-Key Tweets | Page 858 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Ha! I was just going to post that this thread is going to be going so long that it's going to have to change to "Non-Key Tweets and Threads". The Fluge post was an imposter that took the name on Meta Threads. Not real... or is it?

Is that a legit tweet from Greg Flugaur about Colorado joining the Big 12 tomorrow?

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Coming onto this thread is like the modern day male version of getting your fortune told.

I guess it's entertaining?

Reaction Score
The Big East name was not a positive for football, just hoops. And not allowing UConn to profit from its women BB rights for non-national games was simply using the asset for the benefit of the whole conference, and not us specifically. We would have all screamed bloody murder if Aresco allowed Rutgers, say, in the beginning, to profit from the sale of its wrestling rights to a local station when we weren’t allowed to do that.
Wait there's people who think selling the established Big East name in favor of the most generic ass conference name in the history of college sports was the right move for brand recognition?! LMAO

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Wait there's people who think selling the established Big East name in favor of the most generic ass conference name in the history of college sports was the right move for brand recognition?! LMAO
It was either that or mothball it. And the generic name is a feature, not a bug. American Conference, Southeast Conference; potato, potahto.

Reaction Score
If we didn't sell the name to the C7 we would have had less money to the fund the athletic department 2014 - 2018 and we would currently be in a basketball conference with the C7 called (you pick the generic name) and Tulane and East Carolina would currently be in the Big East. So no, we would not be better off.

I hope you are not one of those people who think conference name was our problem in the American, It was at least 80% bad coaching for both football and basketball and we know that because we saw other teams thrive in that conference.

Right now we have no branding at all for football and we have seen a huge improvement with Mora. It's all about the coaches.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If we didn't sell the name to the C7 we would have had less money to the fund the athletic department 2014 - 2018 and we would currently be in a basketball conference with the C7 called (you pick the generic name) and Tulane and East Carolina would currently be in the Big East. So no, we would not be better off.

I hope you are not one of those people who think conference name was our problem in the American, It was at least 80% bad coaching for both football and basketball and we know that because we saw other teams thrive in that conference.

Right now we have no branding at all for football and we have seen a huge improvement with Mora. It's all about the coaches.
Of course I don't think the conference name was our problem that's asinine lmfao. But to say that the American branding was better for the conference than Big East is a wild take

Reaction Score

I think the argument is the AAC saved the New Big East by selling the name. It helped UConn down the road when we joined the NBE. As you said, if NBE was called the C7 Conference or something I doubt the league carries as much value. The history of the Big East name in basketball was/is as strong as SEC in football.

Reaction Score
I will preface this by saying that I do not care for Monty. He has always shown disdain for UConn and the idea of adding them to the Big 12. In this video, he finally has to come out and say that the Big 12's interest in UConn is legitimate because Dennis Dodd confirmed it. He says that he thinks UConn is trying to find a way to build a football stadium on campus and to expect to start hearing news on that. Believe it or not---personally, I don't believe it.

Starts at 46:40.

Reaction Score
I imagine a stadium is in future thoughts. Doesn’t seem worthwhile at the moment imo. I do not believe the locals can prevent if UConn Really wants it. UConn is currently up to the challenge and can fair better than other northeast schools that changed conferences.

Reaction Score
I will preface this by saying that I do not care for Monty. He has always shown disdain for UConn and the idea of adding them to the Big 12. In this video, he finally has to come out and say that the Big 12's interest in UConn is legitimate because Dennis Dodd confirmed it. He says that he thinks UConn is trying to find a way to build a football stadium on campus and to expect to start hearing news on that. Believe it or not---personally, I don't believe it.

If invited to the B12, an campus stadium must be considered. There is room, car access is another story. They need to think outside the box on car access. Maybe add a 3rd lane to 195 and make it reversible. Not sure what they can do with 44. Expand the Dairy Bar, lol. Not sure if thats enough tho.

Reaction Score
If invited to the B12, an campus stadium must be considered. There is room, car access is another story. They need to think outside the box on car access. Maybe add a 3rd lane to 195 and make it reversible. Not sure what they can do with 44. Expand the Dairy Bar, lol. Not sure if thats enough tho.
Well, maybe. But not until they start going to prestige bowls and winning them would there be enough support to do that.

P5 conferences don't give a rat's uno what about where the stadium is anyway. The key metrics are capacity, paying attendance, amenities, and ease of ingress and egress.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If invited to the B12, a campus stadium must be considered. There is room, car access is another story. They need to think outside the box on car access. Maybe add a 3rd lane to 195 and make it reversible. Not sure what they can do with 44. Expand the Dairy Bar, lol. Not sure if thats enough tho.
The supposed need to run a limited access highway up to a college stadium is such a Connecticut thing. The vast majority of college campuses don't have that luxury. That's why people tailgate, or at least why people started to tailgate. It feathers out the traffic coming into the stadium and allows you to wait out the crowd leaving the stadium.

There is a near zero need to expand highways to Storrs for six weekends a year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol...when Miami and USC had their dominant runs, I don't recall anyone saying "imagine how much better they would be if the stadium was on campus!" Ridiculous.
Red herring attempt duly noted and disregarded.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

I watched 10 mins of this program- yikes, feels like a strange alt universe.

This guys is just talking - has no insight is my guess.

As for the on campus stadium, just declare a committee has been formed to evaluate the options in an effort to bring a stadium in the next ten years and leave it at that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The supposed need to run a limited access highway up to a college stadium is such a Connecticut thing. The vast majority of college campuses don't have that luxury. That's why people tailgate, or at least why people started to tailgate. It feathers out the traffic coming into the stadium and allows you to wait out the crowd leaving the stadium.

There is a near zero need to expand highways to Storrs for six weekends a year.
It’s not just that. It would help for basketball, move in and out times and would help encourage development in the area. That’s why it hasn’t happened yet, Mansfield wants UConn to be 1/4 its current size when it should be 50% bigger, with more private sector research parks and associated development.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom