Non-Key Tweets | Page 768 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Gold and Blue Dude is turning out to be even more delusional than the Dude of WV, and that's a high hurdle to get over in the delusion department.
Yeah, but it is completely on brand for a West Virginia CR guy.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV·
2h
I made a critical mistake and I owe Cincinnati and Houston an apology. A friend, whom I hadn’t spoken to in years, pointed out I had become so lost in valuation metrics that I forgot the most important value equation: quality is value.

2h
The Big 12 got it right. They looked at programs and judged them on their passion for football & ability to win. All the other metrics were just noise confusing the issue.

2h
BYU is a proven winner. The same for the Bearcats and Knights. Houston was won big with consistency. The Big 12 recognized quality is value and always pays off in the long run.

2h
It took Oliver Luck to convince them to throw the metrics out the window and look at actual accomplishments, but they got the message. They made the right call.

2h
I got lost in the metrics. The Big 12 is adding four programs who are passionate about football. Four programs who are proven winners. Quality is value. How many times have I said that about WVU?

2h
I adopted the mindset of those I detest. The people who judge a program using metrics that should highlight the programs heart and soul rather than detract from its perceived value. It’s easy to win when you have the resources of Texas.

Reaction Score
2h
I made a critical mistake and I owe Cincinnati and Houston an apology. A friend, whom I hadn’t spoken to in years, pointed out I had become so lost in valuation metrics that I forgot the most important value equation: quality is value.

2h
The Big 12 got it right. They looked at programs and judged them on their passion for football & ability to win. All the other metrics were just noise confusing the issue.

2h
BYU is a proven winner. The same for the Bearcats and Knights. Houston was won big with consistency. The Big 12 recognized quality is value and always pays off in the long run.

2h
It took Oliver Luck to convince them to throw the metrics out the window and look at actual accomplishments, but they got the message. They made the right call.

2h
I got lost in the metrics. The Big 12 is adding four programs who are passionate about football. Four programs who are proven winners. Quality is value. How many times have I said that about WVU?

2h
I adopted the mindset of those I detest. The people who judge a program using metrics that should highlight the programs heart and soul rather than detract from its perceived value. It’s easy to win when you have the resources of Texas.
The tale of a guy in the middle of nowhere sitting at his kitchen table who thinks he can make people believe he's almost sitting in the conference's offices instead of at his kitchen table. Dude rants translated, he trashes Houston because Holgorsen left WV to go there, and he worries Cincy will own them as they already recruit with them, and are higher ranked than them even in the AAC.

Reaction Score
He still hasn't given up on the "dream". Of course, needing to keep people clicking in must be a major factor...

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3·2h
Houston and BYU applications are in. BYU has requested an exclusion to allow certain games of theirs to be simulcast on their network. Shouldn’t be an issue since these are not revenue sports.

BPaiz@bpaiz·2h
Has UCF and Cincy put theirs in yet?

MH ver3@MH ver3·2h
See my tweet immediately following the one you commented on.

MH ver3@MH ver3·2h
BYU did not ask for a full share of revenue from day 1.

Dan Gygax@TheOtherGygax·2h
Will BYU still be able to keep @byutv as a way to broadcast their Olympic sports?

MH ver3@MH ver3·2h
But only as a simulcast in some situations.

MH ver3@MH ver3·2h
Rumor going around the AD today is that Kansas and ISU were both given a firm and “final” thanks but no thanks from the B1G. WVU still has hope that an ACC invite will come by 2025 but are pushing ahead as if none is coming.

MH ver3@MH ver3·2h
Looks like the Alliance has quelled non-SEC cannibalization for the short term anyway. Promises were made and hopes were high but in the end everyone cooled down. For now.

MH ver3@MH ver3·2h
Also hearing today that Bob Bowlsby will be stepping down and retiring after he helps the new B12 secure their next tv contract.

MH ver3@MH ver3·2h
Which may actually come much sooner than 2025 if things keep trending as they have been and we let TXOU out early to benefit the networks and secure a good tv payout in return.

Murr@MurrDCU·2h
Will thee be written down payouts if Big 12 adds more teams included in new tv contact or will Big 12 add more next year per the Thamel article

MH ver3@MH ver3·1h
All teams added will have a buy in period.

MH ver3@MH ver3·1h
Cincinnati application was turned in about 20 minutes ago per my source.

MH ver3@MH ver3·2h
Cincy board are meeting now and their application is expected in by 8pm. UCF should have theirs in in the morning

Ice Devil of Carlsbad@IceDevilCA·42m
UCF had other priorities today. Or maybe the typist was absent.

MH ver3@MH ver3·39m
Actually I’m told it was because of other engagements with some of the board that couldn’t be present. They are meeting at 8am tomorrow.

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3·3h
So here’s the divisions it appears that they have settled on:

East: WVU, UC, UCF, Kansas, Kstate, ISU
West: TT, BYU, OSU, Baylor, TCU, Houston

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3·3h

What a mess.

Huggy Bear: UC, WVU
Bonnie & Clyde: Baylor, Houston, ISU, Kansas, K-state, OSU, TCU, TT
Independents?: BYU, UCF

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3·3h

Whelp as if you needed ay doubt how full of crap he is, this is exactly how the division WON'T be divided. It's already been said they'll split up the Texas schools so every team has a road Texas game every year.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
These realignment "experts" must be in their 40's or 50's by now. It is weird that we have had to listen to the 4-5 same realignment "experts" for the last 20 years. I wonder why no one else joined this cosplay.

Reaction Score
These realignment "experts" must be in their 40's or 50's by now. It is weird that we have had to listen to the 4-5 same realignment "experts" for the last 20 years. I wonder why no one else joined this cosplay.
Probably because no one other than a university president and the AD really has any clue of what will happen and when. Everyone else is just guessing and provides no value and honestly it's a waste of time.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Whelp as if you needed ay doubt how full of crap he is, this is exactly how the division WON'T be divided. It's already been said they'll split up the Texas schools so every team has a road Texas game every year.
If they go with a nine-game schedule, you would automatically get a home and away game with a Texas school with that alignment.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur@flugempire · Oct 6
Heads up:

This morning BTM has given some unexpected info on Big Ten’s recent thinking on SEC’s positioning.

The info does not fit traditional past BTM’s conservative cautious statements of Big Ten possible future expansion so I will need to confirm my understanding of it all.

BTM

“Big Ten’s eyeing SEC’s decision on pods. If SEC selects pods & “semi-final pod weekend” as their “9th” conf game to go with 3 OOC games and receives another boost on media REV because of pod semi-final content this could make Big Ten expand sooner than expected or wanted.”

BTM

“SEC would maximize their content in going with 4 pods & semi-final weekend. This is action which could force Big Ten into deciding on expanding with candidates that would not normally be considered especially under this time frame. Alliance schools would be off the board”

BTM

“You combine SEC’s possible changing of the structure of how conferences maximize their content with Big Ten’s internal dissatisfaction with their current divisional alignments it all could push Big Ten to 16 before they had planned”

BTM

“Much like when SEC created SEC Championship Game which structurally pushed other conferences to add 11 & 12 members to gain access to own CCG’s the movement towards pods in SEC could open up
structural changes in Big Ten and others to keep up.”

BTM

“Big Ten have been discussing changes in divisional alignment for last few years. 14 teams in 1 division with top 2 schools in CCG is the chalk right now but this format does have issues especially when AD’s want to go to 8 Conf games to have equal 4 home & away each year.”

BTM

“4 pods of 4 schools cures lots of the issues that is causing strife inside Big Ten when it comes to alignment. Especially if you add 1 Eastern with 1 Midwest school. But Big Ten has 14 schools and will not raid schools from PAC & ACC at this time. This will not happen”

BTM

“Every alignment with 2 divisions and 7 schools you write down on paper has issues. None of it really works. You create 4 pods with 4 teams and suddenly Penn St is happy with Rutgers, Maryland +1 Eastern school. Add school in Midwest and you can make Nebraska happy.”

BTM

“Pods work beautifully on paper. Big Ten creating championship weekend during Covid is basically same as “Semi-Final weekend” with pods. 4 pod winners play each other for their 9th conf game. Crossover pod games (2nd place vs 2nd place etc) for other schools 9th conf game”

BTM

“Essentially, Big Ten believes SEC will be the first to at least experiment with this pod concept which is a concept many in Big Ten believes will work. All eyes on SEC if they pull trigger on pods and semi-final weekend.”

BTM

“If SEC does pull the trigger on pods and semi-final weekend how does Big Ten stand at 14? If SEC rakes in extra 35 mil for 2 “semi-final pod winner” games on final weekend of regular season to go with SEC CCG $ the following week how does Big Ten not follow suit?”

BTM

“All eyes on SEC’s decision to go pods or stay 2 divisions. But pretty much all in Big Ten agree current alignment of Big Ten divisions will not last more than few more years. Most of those same people believe pods are the future and it’s coming faster than expected.”

This was unexpected information from BTM this morning.

But it all boils down to this: there is a strong belief if SEC chooses pods they will monetize the bleep out of the new structure.

If true, everyone eventually…especially Big Ten…will do the same.

BTM made no mention of possible schools in long email.

Obviously it’s Big 12 schools.

Watch SEC’s decision on new conference structure which will probably follow FBS 10 conferences and Notre Dame’s decision on playoff format.

I’ve written this in a few DM’s in last hour.

As you all know BTM has never considered WVU a Big Ten candidate for expansion but now it can’t be ruled out as long as Big Ten becomes more enamored with pod system to match SEC’s potential decision to monetize new pod structure.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yay, tweets that pit UConn vs WVU for that eastern B1G seat. :rolleyes:

Here’s the B1G offer, you can have a seat through 2035 and then we reserve the right to see if we can pull in UNC or UVA to replace you.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yay, tweets that pit UConn vs WVU for that eastern B1G seat. :rolleyes:

Here’s the B1G offer, you can have a seat through 2035 and then we reserve the right to see if we can pull in UNC or UVA to replace you.
A full share seat? Done.

Reaction Score
WVU isn't going to the Big Ten. The conference presidents there would never allow it, plus the market adds nothing new for the network, yada yada. If you wanted to believe that scenario where it's one east and one west and can't come from Alliance conferences there aren't many choices out there (well the homer in me says there's one legitimate choice with the academic chops and market... the realist in me says realignment + UConn (and football disaster) = nut punch). Realistically the best eastern "Big XII" school would be Cincinnati, but they aren't going to be considered with Ohio State in the conference, which I'm sure is how things would get to WVU in the crazy realignment twitter theatre of Flugaur and the Dude.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kansas to the Big 10?

That's the obvious one. B1G has struggled with hoops tournament success, and KU is AAU and contiguous. It's the "eastern" school that is more challenging. They said they won't poach the ACC. But....they really should. I'm not sure they can pry Virginia away, but it and Pitt are the only contiguous AAU school left in the east that plays sports at the right level. Then, perhaps, UConn could backfill for the ACC (more likely WVU would)? I don't see the B1G adding WVU. The B1G should have taken Missouri back when they were begging to get in, and WVU is a better fit for the SEC. Our Members | Association of American Universities (AAU)

CL82

Reaction Score
You really aren't getting into the spirit of this.

Happy Friends GIF by moonbug

Reaction Score
I find it ironic that the Big Ten Commissioner led the charge to stop the ACC's proposed NCAA legislation in 2015 that would allow conferences to decide how they want to organize...have pods, go divisionless, etc.

It was the Big Ten amendment that made two divisions a mandatory component...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom