Non-Key Tweets | Page 767 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
The Dude comes out of protected status to deliver this whopper of a story:

Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV·5h
Yesterday I saw the economic impact reports of OU and UT leaving the Big 12. They made me sick to my stomach.

This transcends sports. It’s just wrong. Especially when OU and Texas forced the Big 12 into decisions that make the impact of their leaving worse than it would have been otherwise.

For example, the Big 12 would be in a much better position today had it expanded in 2016. It didn’t expand because of Texas and OU.

I was a Longhorn before I was a Mountaineer. The very first football game I watched was Texas & Arkansas. I hate saying this.., Texas is a cancer.

According to the report, WVU faces less economic harm than its mates in the Big 12, but the loss of ancillary revenue for WVU is over $100 million. For others estimates eclipse $250 million.

I’m in over my head on this one. I don’t have the talent, time or resources to do this justice. I’m sick. I’m not getting better, and I’m just not suited for this. But what happened offended me. And if you knew the details it would offend you too.

I’ve never had less faith in the legitimate media. They refuse to address the real story. They are failing to do the research, not consulting with the right experts, and reporting less than accurate details.

If nobody else is willing to go to bat, then I have to try. Even if I strike out and look like a fool in doing so.

I believe ESPN, already hit hard with cord cutting, lost billions in advertising revenue because of COVID.

I believe OU and Texas agreed, in principle, to extend the Big 12 grant of rights as a prelude to contract negotiations with ESPN & Fox. ESPN, after receiving word of the Big 12’s interest in early negotiations, informed Texas it would no longer pay a premium for Big 12 rights.

ESPN also notified Texas it exercise options to end LH network. ESPN influenced Texas to recruit OU and engineered their eventual move to the SEC.

ESPN, having arranged the move to the SEC, refused to begin talks with the Big 12. OU and Texas used that refusal to back out of their agreement to extend the GoR.

Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV·4h
The Big 12 must add two. I believe those two will be BYU and UCF. They must replace OU and UT as part of their duty to mitigate damages. They must add at least two because their contract is void without at least 10 members.

As for the SEC. I’m told the SEC had always been reluctant to accept to expand membership in cases where doing so likely killed the conference. They were encouraged by ESPN to accept OU and UT.

The SEC and Big 12 had a longstanding gentleman’s agreement that precludes the Big 12 expanding into SEC territory and the SEC from poaching from the Big 12. The sugar bowl deal was offspring of that agreement.

I believe the Big 12 has evidence proving ESPN’s tampering. I believe UT became part of the scheme when it recruited OU. I believe both OU and UT acted in bad faith as Big 12 members.

According to the economic impact projections the Big 8 face ancillary losses of revenue that near $1 billion (combined). What’s ESPN’s potential liability now?

Dun Woody@dun1870gc·4h
Replying to @theDudeofWV
This is great incestigaticework and it demands someone other than Bowlsby, anyone, like Luck, should be holding ESPN's feet to the fire and negotiating a "make good deal" for Big12: $, alliance with SEC, bowls, time slots, etc

It fell into my lap. I wish I didn’t know.

It would be in a much better place had it not traded pro rata for CCG money.

The Big 12 should show its cards to the world.

The Big 12 scandal has the potential to fundamentally change the economics of college sports and expose levels of greed and plotting never imagined.

Who sets the market value for OU & UT? The same organization who tampered with the Big 12 and needs them to go away.

Just so you understand. ESPN faces massive liability, yet they get to unilaterally decide the value of the Big 8 without providing any substantiation for their appraisal. Do you see anything wrong with that?

How can the national media not recognize the conflict of interest? ESPN needs the Big 12 to dissolve. Or they going to squeeze the Big 12?

The other big takeaway is the days of ESPN paying premium for college sports are over.

And the national media… where do you think their value is estimates come from? Who is telling them the Big 8 is worth $12-14m?

FreeMason@kenneyclone·3h
Bob Bowlsby is... Bowlsby should have kept his mouth shut. Media ran with Bowlsby narrative. There is no way Big 8 value is 12-14 mil... KU Tier 3 deal alone is near $10 mil. WV is $8-$9 mil? Etc. There is no way you can tell me that Jim Fisher is more valuable than WV program

Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV·3h
WVU's was $7 to $12M. Before they gave ESPN T3 rights.

The Iowa, Kansas, Texas and West Virginia legislatures need to appropriate gap funds for Big 8 schools until they can negotiate a new contract. I suggest Texas takes the money given to Baylor, TCU and TTU from UT's SEC share.

Brett Broyles@BrettTBroyles·3h
TCU and Baylor are private, therefore they won’t receive financial support out of Austin.

They should...

Expect the Big 12 to pursue traditional revenue options including a sports betting partnership that perhaps includes NFL-like injury reports.

Amazon and DAZN have already expressed interest in Big 12 media rights.

Louis Oliverio@LouisOliverio·3h
Would kill recruiting. The money may be better but no one would see the B12 on TV other than the loyal fans.

Big 12 would still be on traditional TV. Just most games streaming.

I’ve consulted with several attorneys who advise that ESPN and UT potentially have massive liability that could easily exceed $200 billion dollars. I had not seen the economic impact projections yet.

Shawn@McCoyShawn13·3h
Nothing is going to happen

It's already started.

But if ESPN and the Big 12 don't quietly settle, walls are coming down. State AG's pursuing antitrust suits, Federal antitrust suits, dirty laundry revealed by discovery. And millions in legal fees.

Look, I expect ESPN and the Big 8 reach some type of deal. They have to, else its going to get very bad for both. I expect the Big 12 to have a new primary broadcast partner. My bet is both Amazon and DAZN share rights much like ESPN and Fox do now.

Reaction Score
And yet when ESPN destroyed UConn no one cared. “That’s just big time college athletics they said”. I thought law suits are what kept UConn out of the ACC. Now all of a sudden law suits are the way to go.
Exactly. What is new or shocking in anything that Christopher Lambert tweeted? It came out weeks ago that Texas and Oklahoma found out that the next Big 12 TV contract was going to be crap. We saw the Big East destroyed. Has he and everyone else forgotten about that?

I don't doubt that Christopher Lambert is worried sick about WVU. Texas and Oklahoma leaving was always his worst nightmare. He had so many arguments with Flugaur as he maintained it would never happen for various reasons (whistling past the graveyard).

All of this narrative (not just with Christopher Lambert) that something must be done, that these schools can't be left to die on the vine, that there must be a home for Kansas, it's unthinkable---yet look what happened to UConn. No one cared about that, that UConn was left to die on the vine, revenues shrunk to nothing, reduced to G5, etc.

I'm not on twitter, but someone should remind him about UConn.

Last edited:

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
The Gold & Blue Dude must be sucking jet fuel. I highly doubt WV is such a prized commodity that ESPN is concerned that they end up in the ACC. I doubt they care what happens to them at all. Does any state put out more moonshine crazies on social media than WV?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score

It kind of seems like any WV guy with Dude in his name is nuts. Hard to make a valid claim when private schools are excluded from ACC tabulations. It may still be true (for football), but it's a flawed argument.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Dude comes out of protected status to deliver this whopper of a story:

Yesterday I saw the economic impact reports of OU and UT leaving the Big 12. They made me sick to my stomach.

This transcends sports. It’s just wrong. Especially when OU and Texas forced the Big 12 into decisions that make the impact of their leaving worse than it would have been otherwise.

For example, the Big 12 would be in a much better position today had it expanded in 2016. It didn’t expand because of Texas and OU.

I was a Longhorn before I was a Mountaineer. The very first football game I watched was Texas & Arkansas. I hate saying this.., Texas is a cancer.

According to the report, WVU faces less economic harm than its mates in the Big 12, but the loss of ancillary revenue for WVU is over $100 million. For others estimates eclipse $250 million.

I’m in over my head on this one. I don’t have the talent, time or resources to do this justice. I’m sick. I’m not getting better, and I’m just not suited for this. But what happened offended me. And if you knew the details it would offend you too.

I’ve never had less faith in the legitimate media. They refuse to address the real story. They are failing to do the research, not consulting with the right experts, and reporting less than accurate details.

If nobody else is willing to go to bat, then I have to try. Even if I strike out and look like a fool in doing so.

I believe ESPN, already hit hard with cord cutting, lost billions in advertising revenue because of COVID.

I believe OU and Texas agreed, in principle, to extend the Big 12 grant of rights as a prelude to contract negotiations with ESPN & Fox. ESPN, after receiving word of the Big 12’s interest in early negotiations, informed Texas it would no longer pay a premium for Big 12 rights.

ESPN also notified Texas it exercise options to end LH network. ESPN influenced Texas to recruit OU and engineered their eventual move to the SEC.

ESPN, having arranged the move to the SEC, refused to begin talks with the Big 12. OU and Texas used that refusal to back out of their agreement to extend the GoR.

The Big 12 must add two. I believe those two will be BYU and UCF. They must replace OU and UT as part of their duty to mitigate damages. They must add at least two because their contract is void without at least 10 members.

As for the SEC. I’m told the SEC had always been reluctant to accept to expand membership in cases where doing so likely killed the conference. They were encouraged by ESPN to accept OU and UT.

The SEC and Big 12 had a longstanding gentleman’s agreement that precludes the Big 12 expanding into SEC territory and the SEC from poaching from the Big 12. The sugar bowl deal was offspring of that agreement.

I believe the Big 12 has evidence proving ESPN’s tampering. I believe UT became part of the scheme when it recruited OU. I believe both OU and UT acted in bad faith as Big 12 members.

According to the economic impact projections the Big 8 face ancillary losses of revenue that near $1 billion (combined). What’s ESPN’s potential liability now?

Dun Woody@dun1870gc·4h
Replying to @theDudeofWV
This is great incestigaticework and it demands someone other than Bowlsby, anyone, like Luck, should be holding ESPN's feet to the fire and negotiating a "make good deal" for Big12: $, alliance with SEC, bowls, time slots, etc

It fell into my lap. I wish I didn’t know.

It would be in a much better place had it not traded pro rata for CCG money.

The Big 12 should show its cards to the world.

The Big 12 scandal has the potential to fundamentally change the economics of college sports and expose levels of greed and plotting never imagined.

Who sets the market value for OU & UT? The same organization who tampered with the Big 12 and needs them to go away.

Just so you understand. ESPN faces massive liability, yet they get to unilaterally decide the value of the Big 8 without providing any substantiation for their appraisal. Do you see anything wrong with that?

How can the national media not recognize the conflict of interest? ESPN needs the Big 12 to dissolve. Or they going to squeeze the Big 12?

The other big takeaway is the days of ESPN paying premium for college sports are over.

And the national media… where do you think their value is estimates come from? Who is telling them the Big 8 is worth $12-14m?

FreeMason@kenneyclone·3h
Bob Bowlsby is... Bowlsby should have kept his mouth shut. Media ran with Bowlsby narrative. There is no way Big 8 value is 12-14 mil... KU Tier 3 deal alone is near $10 mil. WV is $8-$9 mil? Etc. There is no way you can tell me that Jim Fisher is more valuable than WV program

WVU's was $7 to $12M. Before they gave ESPN T3 rights.

The Iowa, Kansas, Texas and West Virginia legislatures need to appropriate gap funds for Big 8 schools until they can negotiate a new contract. I suggest Texas takes the money given to Baylor, TCU and TTU from UT's SEC share.

Brett Broyles@BrettTBroyles·3h
TCU and Baylor are private, therefore they won’t receive financial support out of Austin.

They should...

Expect the Big 12 to pursue traditional revenue options including a sports betting partnership that perhaps includes NFL-like injury reports.

Amazon and DAZN have already expressed interest in Big 12 media rights.

Louis Oliverio@LouisOliverio·3h
Would kill recruiting. The money may be better but no one would see the B12 on TV other than the loyal fans.

Big 12 would still be on traditional TV. Just most games streaming.

I’ve consulted with several attorneys who advise that ESPN and UT potentially have massive liability that could easily exceed $200 billion dollars. I had not seen the economic impact projections yet.

Shawn@McCoyShawn13·3h
Nothing is going to happen

It's already started.

But if ESPN and the Big 12 don't quietly settle, walls are coming down. State AG's pursuing antitrust suits, Federal antitrust suits, dirty laundry revealed by discovery. And millions in legal fees.

Look, I expect ESPN and the Big 8 reach some type of deal. They have to, else its going to get very bad for both. I expect the Big 12 to have a new primary broadcast partner. My bet is both Amazon and DAZN share rights much like ESPN and Fox do now.
Holy Cow. I don't care how the sausage is made, but can someone give me review of about a dozen words?

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV·
7h
It’s BYU and UCF. Then wait and reassess.

Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV
·5h
BYU and UCF are set to be invited to join the Big 12.

3h
It’s BYU and UCF. Then chill….

3h
Do yourself a favor. Find TV ratings for G5 schools the last five years. Average them out… that’s the litmus test.

3h
The Big 12 is concerned primarily with TV ratings, then market share. There’s absolutely no question as to who those two programs are… BYU and UCF. BYU is a peer. UCF does very well in their home market - Orlando. There’s nobody close to those two.

3h
If the Big 12 adds more than 2 before the next TV contract - THEY LOSE MONEY. And it’s the next TV contract that determines if they add more than replacements for OU & UT. I think they do, but we’ll have to wait & see.

3h
Houston isn’t getting into the Big 12. That door is closed, locked and the key thrown away. No more Texas schools. Zilch, nada. No SMU, no Rice, no more Texas schools.

3h
I have data I’ve been reluctant to share because I don’t want to be the bad guy. But the metrics on a few of the candidates the media mentions and others parrot are truly horrible.

3h
On the the most mentioned Big 12 candidates inflates attendance by 50%. Almost half their athletic budget is institutional support, and their tv ratings are shockingly low.

3h
Another oft mentioned candidate lacks fan interest to the point where they inflated attendance by over 50% in a very good year and debuting a new stadium. They also had poor tv ratings. Their tv ratings in their home market were so low they didn’t measure.

3h
People who claim otherwise don’t know what they’re talking about. They haven’t looked at any data or thought of how additions impact revenues. The haven’t looked at financial statements or NCAA reports.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom