Non-Key Tweets | Page 761 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
You’re turn Clemson:

I do not believe him. What does he mean by "contact"? Does he know what the meaning of "is" is? He's the one encouraging his administration to definitely look into moving from the ACC--out of necessity.

Reaction Score
The SEC would certainly trade South Carolina for Clemson
but adding Clemson with South Carolina doesn’t seem like an SEC move . The only states with two teams will be Texas and Tennessee. Vanderbilt was always an odd fit., but they‘re legacy and would never be considered for addition today,nor would they be dumped.
They just told Texas A&M to take a walk if they didn’t want Texas.
so South Carolina wasn’t the issue .
I think the B1G screwed up Big Time in not adding Texas
I realize Okla is repugnant to the Powers in that conference
but Texas plus Kansas would have been great for Nebraska, and Iowa. Apparently they lack leadership at the moment.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure Texas wanted to go to the B1G, even if asked. Texas and OK fit much better in the SEC.

Reaction Score
There are any number of good reasons why they would.

For one, they'd love to stop subsidizing Wake Forest, BC, Syracuse, Pitt and Va Tech.

Two, the FSU President couldn't have been clearer this week when he said FSU HAS TO explore joining the SEC.

In many ways this is bigger than ESPN. They want a super conference outside the NCAA and Florida State might remember way back when it was way outside the top leagues looking in. FSU has been a top football school for 55 years now. Before that, it was like Cincinnati. Granted that's a very long time, but some of these folks have long memories.

The tweet above throws cold water on the rumor mill about Clemson and FSU--did the tweeter miss the fact that the President of FSU gave an interview about all of this?

The full interview is not quoted by the twitterati...the rest of the story...where President Thrasher says that the GOR makes it near impossible for FSU to actually leave the ACC.

“At the end of the day, it’s all about money,” Thrasher said. “It’s all about TV revenue, contracts. Nobody can leave a conference without a significant buyout penalty, including us, so it would have to be something very special for us to leave.

I think he is pushing the ACC to do what it can...take a couple of schools, etc.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

That kind of bugs me a bit. I feel like KU is a variation on Connecticut with less basketball success and documented history of basketball cheating.

Oh but they are AAU... probably cheat to get grants too.

Reaction Score
The full interview is not quoted by the twitterati...the rest of the story...where President Thrasher says that the GOR makes it near impossible for FSU to actually leave the ACC.

“At the end of the day, it’s all about money,” Thrasher said. “It’s all about TV revenue, contracts. Nobody can leave a conference without a significant buyout penalty, including us, so it would have to be something very special for us to leave.

I think he is pushing the ACC to do what it can...take a couple of schools, etc.
It would have to be very special.

More special than the SEC?

Reaction Score
That kind of bugs me a bit. I feel like KU is a variation on Connecticut with less basketball success and documented history of basketball cheating.

Oh but they are AAU... probably cheat to get grants too.
Why now for the B1G? It could have added Kansas at any point.

Reaction Score
If that happens the BIG is weaker then I thought. Grabbing SEC scraps basically. SEC we got TX and OK...BIG oh yeah...we just grabbed KU......

Reaction Score
Kansas to B1G is all over the social media now. It would be bad move to add ISU and Kansas to counter the SEC.

Reaction Score
If it's true, that's a chickens-t move by the B1G. $EC adds Texas and Oklahoma, and the B1G adds..... Kansas?

Who else is there? KU makes all the sense in the world for the B1G. I also believe UConn would be a great add, but I think it’s the dreaded AAU stuff.

Flagship state school (#12)
AAU since 1909
Blueblood basketball (there’s only a handful in the whole of CBBall)
Contiguous
Not a slave state (tic)

WHO ELSE IS THERE?? PAC?? OKST? WVU? Notre Dame would make a nice #16 lmao (of course - and then they could shut expansion DOWN for good), but KU is an easy choice for #15.

I think the PAC talk is all smoke. IAST is not going to be added.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom