Non-Key Tweets | Page 631 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

pj

Reaction Score
If this is true, then the ACC and UConn would have no reason not to announce it when the Big 12 makes its announcement. Indeed, to help preserve UConn from a recruiting perspective, it would be essential, especially if the American looks to be all but dissolved.

So if there is a Big 12 announcement without UConn, and nothing from UConn about the ACC, I will be very alarmed.

Deals are never announced until they are done. And no one is going to alter course to help UConn recruiting. But you are on to something -- it makes sense for the B12 to delay its own announcement until it knows UConn cannot be had.

As for everyone else -- You guys appear to have post-realignment traumatic stress disorder. Hope you feel better soon!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Deals are never announced until they are done. And no one is going to alter course to help UConn recruiting.

You guys appear to have post-traumatic realignment stress disorder. Hope you feel better soon!

You didn't answer History Geek's questions:

"This all sounds plausible, but where are you getting it? What are you basing these assumptions on? Anything concrete? A hunch based on your read of public comments? Hallucinogens?"

pj

Reaction Score
You didn't answer History Geek's questions:

"This all sounds plausible, but where are you getting it? What are you basing these assumptions on? Anything concrete? A hunch based on your read of public comments? Hallucinogens?"

Reading the tea leaves. Look, the only 2-team that add that makes sense is UConn and Cincy -- if both schools are available. UH wasn't even in consideration until a few weeks ago. They add nothing market wise to the existing teams, but have value in a dissolution scenario in which Texas leaves the conference. The only reasonable reading of the shift to a 4-team add and exploit the contract provisions to cash out is that strengthening the conference with strong schools now looks impossible, and the expected outcome is departure of the strong schools at expiration of the GoR. Weak schools need conference mates post-2025 and as much revenue as possible pre-2025. They want to milk the networks while milking remains a possibility.

Reaction Score
B12 expansion cooled off because UConn slowed down negotiations and started talking to other suitors, namely the ACC. If they couldn't get UConn, B12 had to reconsider whether expansion made sense. Also at this time we started seeing more leaks to media that didn't list UConn as a top B12 target. If you can't get something, you claim you don't want it.

No offense, but you're high off your ass.

Reaction Score
Reading the tea leaves. Look, the only 2-team that add that makes sense is UConn and Cincy -- if both schools are available. UH wasn't even in consideration until a few weeks ago. They add nothing market wise to the existing teams, but have value in a dissolution scenario in which Texas leaves the conference. The only reasonable reading of the shift to a 4-team add and exploit the contract provisions to cash out is that strengthening the conference with strong schools now looks impossible, and the expected outcome is departure of the strong schools at expiration of the GoR. Weak schools need conference mates post-2025 and as much revenue as possible pre-2025. They want to milk the networks while milking remains a possibility.
The tea leaves have been saying N.U.T kick for years. I wish I was as optimistic as you
(The profanity screener doesn't like NUT

Reaction Score
I heard from a higher up at UConn that a B1G invite is coming any day now.

The reason that we haven't been admitted to the Big 12 yet is because the ACC has filed suit to block the move. However, the B1G has found a way past the ACC's GOR and will be admitting us regardless.

The person said that by Wednesday COB the deal will be done.

This person also does not exist.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
The tea leaves have been saying N.U.T kick for years. I wish I was as optimistic as you
(The profanity screener doesn't like NUT
18mbf8.jpg

Reaction Score
This seems to get very little play, but someone had told me that there was a cutoff date to inform the AAC you were exiting and i thought it was 7/31 if you wanted to for the 2017 season. Does anyone know if this is true or not? That was one of the tip offs re: Aresco's comments that he knew before the pressers last week what was definitely going down as least as it related to certain team(s). If this is the case, it would seem they would be debating 13 and 14 at this point.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Deals are never announced until they are done. And no one is going to alter course to help UConn recruiting. But you are on to something -- it makes sense for the B12 to delay its own announcement until it knows UConn cannot be had.

As for everyone else -- You guys appear to have post-realignment traumatic stress disorder. Hope you feel better soon!

I'm just playing with your premise. If we are left out of the Big 12 because we already have an invite to the ACC, then that deal is done. There is no way on earth that UConn would turn down a Big 12 invite for a handshake deal with the ACC. No chance. So either it is a done deal and can be announced or it isn't a deal and UConn would go to the Big 12 if given the chance. Those are the only possible scenarios except the third, we are screwed.

I have pre-realignment stress disorder. I think most of us do.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter who gave notice. None of the schools would be forced to leave if plans fell through. I'm pretty sure UConn, Cincy etc. just give the league their notice every year and then tell Aresco, "Just fyi, we don't have an invite anywhere, just keeping our options open should one come along".

Reaction Score
This seems to get very little play, but someone had told me that there was a cutoff date to inform the AAC you were exiting and i thought it was 7/31 if you wanted to for the 2017 season. Does anyone know if this is true or not? That was one of the tip offs re: Aresco's comments that he knew before the pressers last week what was definitely going down as least as it related to certain team(s). If this is the case, it would seem they would be debating 13 and 14 at this point.
Everything's negotiable. The AAC has a $10 million exit fee, and requires 27 months' notice. If a school wanted to play football in the Big 12 next year, I'm sure that'd be possible. Provided they're willing to pay far more than the $10 million.

I've said before, the AAC should just refuse to negotiate with the teams trying to leave, unless they offer to pay some absurd amount of money. Stay the 27 months or be sued. Keeping the few competitive members of the league for as long as possible is most important to the conference. I say that whether or not UConn gets an invite.

Reaction Score
See i thought the 10mm was if you wanted to leave before 27 months, and if you waited it was less.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter who gave notice. None of the schools would be forced to leave if plans fell through. I'm pretty sure UConn, Cincy etc. just give the league their notice every year and then tell Aresco, "Just fyi, we don't have an invite anywhere, just keeping our options open should one come along".

What?

Reaction Score
I'm serious. I think we gave notice already so we can leave faster when the time comes. UL had given notice before they had an invite anywhere. The AAC knows we are trying to get out so as long as we give notice and tell them we don't actually have anywhere to go, I think they just live with it. They aren't going to kick us out.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
WVU, OKST, Baylor, KST, KU, and ISU are demanding an extended GOR even if TV deal is not extended.

They want all conference members to extend the B12's ownership of their TV rights for at least 6 more years.

This is unprecedented.

Ultimatum is, these schools will it vote on expansion.

Sources say OU is close to joining their block.

Brian A ‏@BriUConn 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 That is a 6 school block. Who are they pushing for in expansion?separately or group

@BriUConn this is basically in response to OU and UT wanting to compromise and get both UC and UH in as 11 and 12.

bearcat12360 ‏@CincyGuy2009 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 what schools do the block want?

@CincyGuy2009 all of them want BYU. Most of them want 14 with Uconn.

@MH ver3 so if ou/ut want their compromise, they have sign the gor extension?

@CincyGuy2009 @MH ver3 6 yr GOR Extension is not enough to compromise,if you're changing dynamic of Big12 without the team they all want

@BriUConn @MH ver3 don't really see the leverage the block have. If UT/OU say no? Then what? They do what they would do anyways & leave in 25

@CincyGuy2009 @BriUConn if they can sway OU(close) and TCU(on the fence) then they can dictate teams.

Mountaineer Steve ‏@Mountaineer_Ste 3h3 hours agoIrmo, SC
@MH ver3 Just like previous ACC GOR, a BIG12 GOR contract without something in return is unenforceable.

@Mountaineer_Ste no that ACC gor was contingent on ACCN by July 2016. This one would be contingent on nothing.

@MH ver3 A contract based on nothing is not enforceable

@Mountaineer_Ste I don't know the law but I'm being told it would simply be the schools signing ownership of TV rights over to conference.

@MH ver3 Every contract needs to have Consideration. The question is what Consideration do the schools get for signing and will courts agree

Travis HaneyVerified account‏@TravHaneyESPN
Travis Haney Retweeted Jason Williams

Some people have changed their minds re: BYU. But the Big 12 is wont to do that ...

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
@TravHaneyESPN All you people... Ask your bosses who they are pushing? BYU.

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 4h4 hours ago
Frank the Tank Retweeted Travis Haney

When you say some people have changed their minds, does that mean BYU is losing Big 12 votes?

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@frankthetank111 No. ESPN is pushing BYU. WVU will try and block UC.

the commish ‏@anygivencommish 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @frankthetank111 ; who is Cinci's advocate and why? WVU does not want. They have a new administration. What gives?

@anygivencommish @frankthetank111 Don't buy info coming from UC. Remember Berry Tramel's story post UC letter link? Go back and read it.

Here is the facts. The vote trading in the Big 12 has yet to begin.

UT can kill expansion. They will if UH isn't a part of it. Pencil UH in... no doubt.

OU isn't championing UC. ESPN is championing BYU.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3h3 hours ago
BUY has a problem... TIX and their honor code.

BYU needs to bluntly and clearly say people who report sexual assaults will not be subject to honor code violations.

No committees... no studying the issues of info sharing between TIX office and honor code police. Amnesty for victims.

BYU does that in they are in... if BYU doesn't clearly and emphatically break the link between TIX & honor code they are out.

So it's damn simple. Get it? Got it? good... let's move on.

Cincy vs. Everyone ‏@CincyvsEveryone 3h3 hours ago
.@theDudeofWV here's the deal. You're making up all these rumors to cover your bases and suppress the multiple realities in your brain.

@CincyvsEveryone No. You don't like the truth... just move on...

Reaction Score
The Dude is so full of crap. He doesn't think vote trading in the Big 12 has begun? What have they been doing since they've announced expansion, twiddling their thumbs NOT talking about candidates? So clueless.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The Dude is so full of crap. He doesn't think vote trading in the Big 12 has begun? What have they been doing since they've announced expansion, twiddling their thumbs NOT talking about candidates? So clueless.
At this point he has covered every possible scenario. He will be wrong 4653 times but still be able to point to the one tweet that just happens to come true. When called out about all the times he was wrong he will just say. "Situation was fluid."

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
WVU, OKST, Baylor, KST, KU, and ISU are demanding an extended GOR even if TV deal is not extended.

They want all conference members to extend the B12's ownership of their TV rights for at least 6 more years.

This is unprecedented.

Ultimatum is, these schools will it vote on expansion.

Sources say OU is close to joining their block.

@MH ver3 That is a 6 school block. Who are they pushing for in expansion?separately or group

@BriUConn this is basically in response to OU and UT wanting to compromise and get both UC and UH in as 11 and 12.

@MH ver3 what schools do the block want?

@CincyGuy2009 all of them want BYU. Most of them want 14 with Uconn.

@MH ver3 so if ou/ut want their compromise, they have sign the gor extension?

@CincyGuy2009 @MH ver3 6 yr GOR Extension is not enough to compromise,if you're changing dynamic of Big12 without the team they all want

@BriUConn @MH ver3 don't really see the leverage the block have. If UT/OU say no? Then what? They do what they would do anyways & leave in 25

@CincyGuy2009 @BriUConn if they can sway OU(close) and TCU(on the fence) then they can dictate teams.

@MH ver3 Just like previous ACC GOR, a BIG12 GOR contract without something in return is unenforceable.

@Mountaineer_Ste no that ACC gor was contingent on ACCN by July 2016. This one would be contingent on nothing.

@MH ver3 A contract based on nothing is not enforceable

@Mountaineer_Ste I don't know the law but I'm being told it would simply be the schools signing ownership of TV rights over to conference.

@MH ver3 Every contract needs to have Consideration. The question is what Consideration do the schools get for signing and will courts agree

While M H ver is not a reliable source, his scenario would kill expansion. I don't see Oklahoma on the fence about signing a GoR. It's not in their best interest. They might say they will sign because they know Texas won't, I don't know. Why would the other schools push for this? Maybe they want to know their fate now and start to make preparations? More jibberish.

Had to delete of the dudes tweets as they were so bad.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'm serious. I think we gave notice already so we can leave faster when the time comes. UL had given notice before they had an invite anywhere. The AAC knows we are trying to get out so as long as we give notice and tell them we don't actually have anywhere to go, I think they just live with it. They aren't going to kick us out.
The moment a school gives notice, the league stops payouts.

Reaction Score
The moment a school gives notice, the league stops payouts.

Really? That seems odd. They give notice and then they don't get paid for 27 months?

I think they just withold payment if you announce you are leaving without the full notice. They then stop payouts until a settlement is reached.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom