Non-Key Tweets | Page 686 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Think globally and try again. ;)

I live in the United States and religion is shrinking here. I have also provided data to confirm this is correct.

All you are doing is repeating that I am "wrong" and "don't get it" when in reality I have backed up my points with actual facts and you have done nothing to prove your point. It's pretty clear that this has upset you, likely because you are mormon, and that's ok.

Take a deep breath. Ahhh.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have done business in Utah for two decades. The LDS church may be the most pro-business religion in the world, in part because its commercial holdings are large. BYU won't change its Honor Code for the Big 12, but the LDS church will adapt if it is good for business. I don't sense that this Honor Code controversy has reached the level of North Carolina's anti-LGBT law, but the LDS church is not stupid, and will act proactively if they think it might.
Wait, NC is saying (I think, I haven't been paying close attention so sorry if I have this wrong) that bathroom use is determined by physiology and not self identification. The BYU honor code says we accept you if have homosexual feelings but we better not see any outward display of it. If we see same sex hand holding, or god forbid a kiss, you are expelled. You find the BYU position less offensive? Or is it that there is less outrage.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I live in the United States and religion is shrinking here. I have also provided data to confirm this is correct.

All you are doing is repeating that I am "wrong" and "don't get it" when in reality I have backed up my points with actual facts and you have done nothing to prove your point. It's pretty clear that this has upset you, likely because you are mormon, and that's ok.

Take a deep breath. Ahhh.

LOL. No, I'm not a Mormon. As I said, I'm not taking a position on this one way or the other. Just playing Devil's advocate. I simply think that anyone who thinks that a religion needs to change its core beliefs to accommodate their views doesn't understand religion. That's fine. We're all entitled to our opinions. BYU is entitled to theirs too. As for facts, try these. Fastest growing religion in the U.S. Muslims were #2.

Reaction Score
I have no idea what you don't understand about my statement about this being a decade old problem that has nothing to do with realignment. That's what it is, and old problem with homosexuals. Maybe getting some feedback from this process will make a change.

Try to keep calm. You seem upset. Are you mormon?

Reading comprehension isn't a strength of yours I suppose.

Topic: Big 12 Expansion in terms of BYU

Sentence 1: Identifying a problem

Mormons have needed to update the honor code for decades.

Sentence 2: Identifying a solution to the problem

This is thier opportunity to get in if they are just willing to change some of thier extremist views.

You understand why people would interpret what you wrote as suggesting that the church change their views for BYU to get into the Big 12, no?

Reaction Score
Reading comprehension isn't a strength of yours I suppose.

Topic: Big 12 Expansion in terms of BYU

Sentence 1: Identifying a problem

Mormons have needed to update the honor code for decades.

Sentence 2: Identifying a solution to the problem

This is thier opportunity to get in if they are just willing to change some of thier extremist views.

You understand why people would interpret what you wrote as suggesting that the church change their views for BYU to get into the Big 12, no?

Are you mormon?

Reaction Score
I don't think he is. He's doing an excellent job of trolling the board though, and yet people keep responding to him.

I'm sure he's in his basement laughing his ass off.

Literally the worst troll ever since all he keeps doing is doubling down on how dumb he is.

Reaction Score
I have done business in Utah for two decades. The LDS church may be the most pro-business religion in the world, in part because its commercial holdings are large. BYU won't change its Honor Code for the Big 12, but the LDS church will adapt if it is good for business. I don't sense that this Honor Code controversy has reached the level of North Carolina's anti-LGBT law, but the LDS church is not stupid, and will act proactively if they think it might.

I agree, although most of you say not a chance. If BYU doesn't change the Code, it appears they are out of consideration. So where the BJ-sus (pardon) does that leave UCONN?

Reaction Score
Thanks for the entertainment. Clearly you two are offended and more than likely mormon judging by the reactions. Religious groups have long needed to change thier policies on homosexuality. Mormons are no different. The sooner that you figure out this has nothing to do with conference realignment and everything to do with how our society views anti gay policies the better. All you are doing is embarrassing yourself with bogus claims that "You think the church shoudl change its' vies for an athletic conference" which is clearly not the case. The church shoudl change its' policies because its' no longer acceptable to discriminate against people based off of sexual preference and doing so sheds a negative light on the LDS. All conference realignment has done is bring the topic up for discussion because of views being expressed such as those by ISU's student body.

I won't resort to the pathetic personal insults you continue to make towards me. I dont' think that is a mature way to act nor does it make me feel better about myself to insult people on the internet. Have a great day!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I agree, although most of you say not a chance. If BYU doesn't change the Code, it appears they are out of consideration. So where the BJ-sus (pardon) does that leave UCONN?
Great question. Better off because with BYU off the table there's not reason not head eastward with expansion? Worse off because with BYU off the table there's no concensus for who to choose? Who knows?

Reaction Score
Great question. Better off because with BYU off the table there's not reason not head eastward with expansion? Worse off because with BYU off the table there's no concensus for who to choose? Who knows?
USF?
5 schools in TX is fine. Why not one in FL.

Reaction Score
LDS has been known to change their views on minorities and plural marriage. They have a very flexible faith...
Because it's all about money. When they saw black people in other countries starting their own Mormon communities they made the change to grow the church.

Reaction Score

I'd say worse. BYU was the one that made expanding worthwhile as they had the most value as well as helped give the Big 12 more fans in areas where the conference expanded such as Ohio, NYC, Boston, etc... Cinci by itself is a pretty small piece of Ohio but with all the BYU fans included it made it look much better. Im sure that without BYU included the TV numbers for expansion look much worse overall.

I think that BYU might have thought the Big 12 would cave in to them like they thought the last time around and found out the hard way that they were wrong. I think this latest threat from boren was warning them that there is no guarantee BYU is getting an invite which means no guarantee on expansion happening.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the entertainment. Clearly you two are offended and more than likely mormon judging by the reactions. Religious groups have long needed to change thier policies on homosexuality. Mormons are no different. The sooner that you figure out this has nothing to do with conference realignment and everything to do with how our society views anti gay policies the better. All you are doing is embarrassing yourself with bogus claims that "You think the church shoudl change its' vies for an athletic conference" which is clearly not the case. The church shoudl change its' policies because its' no longer acceptable to discriminate against people based off of sexual preference and doing so sheds a negative light on the LDS. All conference realignment has done is bring the topic up for discussion because of views being expressed such as those by ISU's student body.

I won't resort to the pathetic personal insults you continue to make towards me. I dont' think that is a mature way to act nor does it make me feel better about myself to insult people on the internet. Have a great day!

This is 100% the Dude.

Also I'm offended here not because I'm a Mormon (I'm not), but because you're a fool.

Reaction Score
LOL. Best of luck with your argument. I was clear that the problem is decades old and has nothing to do with realignment. But you are free to interpret that statement however you like.

There was no argument - I asked for clarification. You still didn't answer the question... You wonder why people are tiring of your schtick (again) - you drop dumb comments, you get called out on them and then try to deflect.

backstroking.gif

Reaction Score
Without BYU there is zero chance of expansion by four. There are three schools that are leaning toward no expansion, and one is ISU of all schools. The whole thing is a clown show.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Without BYU there is zero chance of expansion by four. There are three schools that are leaning toward no expansion, and one is ISU of all schools. The whole thing is a clown show.

We don't know that. That's what we hear on twitter but we have no idea what the reality is.

Reaction Score
LDS has been known to change their views on minorities and plural marriage. They have a very flexible faith...
Yep. I remember the whole caffeinated drink issue was quite entertaining a few years ago.

Reaction Score
There was no argument - I asked for clarification. You still didn't answer the question... You wonder why people are tiring of your schtick - you drop dumb comments, you get called out on them and then try to deflect.

View attachment 15619

You seem angry. I made a 100% accurate comment. For some reason it made you mad. I didn't' deflect anything. I stuck to exactly what I originally said while you got upset and started with the insults. Clearly a few of you have some issue with what I said. The reason it bothers you is because its' true. Insulting me won't' change that fact no matter how bad you wish it would.

If you really want an interesting read on Mormons try this.
http://cesletter.com/Letter-to-a-CES-Director.pdf

Reaction Score
This is 100% the Dude.

Also I'm offended here not because I'm a Mormon (I'm not), but because you're a fool.

It's interesting to go look at the posts in this thread from a psychological standpoint. You can literally see the moment you and a couple others got mad and started insulting with each post instead of actually making a point or having a discussion. Pretty obvious what' going on here when you look at the reaction. Try to hide it better next time.

Reaction Score
You seem angry. I made a 100% accurate comment. For some reason it made you mad. I didn't' deflect anything. I stuck to exactly what I originally said while you got upset and started with the insults. Clearly a few of you have some issue with what I said. The reason it bothers you is because its' true. Insulting me won't' change that fact no matter how bad you wish it would.

Oh, the "woe is me" defense now... care to quote my insult to you?

Calling out bullschlit and being "mad/insulting" are two different things. I couldn't care less about Mormon ideology - it doesn't affect me one iota.

You still didn't answer the question - get in where "if they are just willing to change some of thier extremist views." The Big i2, celestial heaven, Sonic?

So as not to torture the rest of the board - I'm done because I don't expect you to answer the question and you will just continue to ramble on.

Reaction Score

Don't talk about mature when you aren't even man enough to say what team you root for. Go away already.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom